3 at the back struggles

ive been trying around with three at the back formations for a while now but i cant seem to get any one working. i recently made a 3-4-1-2 formation inspired by the "Büffelherde" of frankfurt, back when they had Haller, Jovic and Rebic playing upfront. i want the philosophy to be similar: attackinf. intense high pressing, and quick transitions. 
I hope someone here can help me with that, because atm it doesnt work.

FM.png

Try vary up the roles a bit so your team's positions are less static, e.g. have one midfielder be a mezzala to drift wide a bit, have the opposite wingback on attack duty, maybe turn the other midfielder into a ball winning midfielder or put him on defense so he covers that side while the wingback is up. Diagonals are a good way to create passing angles.

You can do something similar with back three, having a third man means one can go on stopper duty to match their AMC position. If you're blessed with a particularly pacey central defender he could go on cover duty to try stop through balls instead. Having one guy behind or in front of the other two creates another triangle or two that your players can use to get the ball up the pitch quickly without resorting to a long ball which could turn over possession.

vor 16 Minuten schrieb HHUK:

Try vary up the roles a bit so your team's positions are less static, e.g. have one midfielder be a mezzala to drift wide a bit, have the opposite wingback on attack duty, maybe turn the other midfielder into a ball winning midfielder or put him on defense so he covers that side while the wingback is up. Diagonals are a good way to create passing angles.

You can do something similar with back three, having a third man means one can go on stopper duty to match their AMC position. If you're blessed with a particularly pacey central defender he could go on cover duty to try stop through balls instead. Having one guy behind or in front of the other two creates another triangle or two that your players can use to get the ball up the pitch quickly without resorting to a long ball which could turn over possession.

thanks ill try that, do you have any tips for defensive play, to gain a bit more solidity?