Do players improve after 22?

kuru

What do you guys do in my place?

Sign Jao Felix (transfer-listed for half the price) to be my false 9 (75m cost) or convert my AM midfielder Mayron into an ST (False9) (current value 44m and can sell for around 42m)?

spacer.png

I’m not sure how much players improve over the age of 22. especially in the mental stats

Felix would want 200k p/w in wages, most of my team is around 70-90k and one with 155k. Most are on long-term contracts though, but would probably want around 150-175k on their next negotiations. 

Mayron is an AM that’s been on the team for 3 years now, doing decently but never too hot. He was my shadow striker in a 4-2-3-1 formation behind an F9 but that never worked AND left me exposed at the back. So I removed the AM position and added a DM, sold my striker, and trained Mayron as an aF9 striker for the new season. He’s accomplished at the position now, but I haven’t tried him in real matches yet. But Felix just got transfer listed, and I’m wondering if I should go for him. 

My team

spacer.png

---------------------------------------------------------

Backstory and fluff feel free to skip:

I’m managing Malaga and over the years I managed to get promoted and the current year is 2027 and lately, I’ve been managing to get into the top 4 (which was really hard with Sociedad, Valencia,  and A. Madrid overachieving.  But I’ve been struggling to even compete in the UCL and against the 2 top teams in La Liga. I just need to go for that next step. 

I have an amazing LW inside forward that’s Europe's top goal scorer and R. Madrid is willing to pay 200m to get. So I want to make sure I unlock his full potential and provide him with someone else who can help him score. So either a beast of a DLP or an F9 that can unlock the scoring abilities of my RW and midfield

The board gives me about 10m euro to invest in the team every year. But I managed to do well with selling goods players every year to raise money. 

This year, I raised about 150m, and since my team was good in many places, I decided to splash on 2-3 key signings. So I’m set in almost all places except for a striker since I sold mine. 

So I either stick with Mayron and try him as an f9 for the upcoming season or sell him and get Felix. I can keep both if I pay Felix for Felix over installments, but Mayron’s value will fall next season.vvvvvvv

i don´t think spending that kind of money on one player is wise when you are a relative small club. Felixs wages are also not worth it. Many players improve after 22, but it depends how much the´ve been developed/played and if the have a professional personality (positive). Players who lack professionalism don´t develop well

Edited by V3ntricity