Playing Position training value

Hi all, 

In training, does the value in the Position/Role/Duty training dropdown train the player in whatever position they're playing on the pitch? 

Ive noticed that playing a player in a different role from what they're asked to do on the pitch effects their Position/Role/Duty attribute value in the Tactical Familiarity popup and its winding me up

If I leave each players training on Playing Position, will their training be aligned with that e.g if I play my CF as a Deep Lying Forward and set his Position/Role/Duty to Playing Position, will he be trained as a Deep Lying Forward?

if so, what happens if I have 3 tactics and in 2 of them, the player plays a Deep Lying Forward but in 1 he plays a Target Man?

Thanks

Let me see if I can unpack this a bit. The familiarity notation on your tactic probably has more to do with the players familiarity with the positional strata (center back, defensive midfield, midfield, striker, etc.). If a player is raining for any role with the strata you should see improve in their familiarity. 

Positional role training (Ball Playing Defender, Regista, BBM, Advanced Forward, etc.) will help a player learn a new positional strata and/or focus improvement on attributes directly associated with the specific role. 

I have never relied on “playing position” for training because at senior level playing role may change quite a bit during season depending on tactic/opponent. 

32 minutes ago, s0ni42 said:

Let me see if I can unpack this a bit. The familiarity notation on your tactic probably has more to do with the players familiarity with the positional strata (center back, defensive midfield, midfield, striker, etc.). If a player is raining for any role with the strata you should see improve in their familiarity. 

Positional role training (Ball Playing Defender, Regista, BBM, Advanced Forward, etc.) will help a player learn a new positional strata and/or focus improvement on attributes directly associated with the specific role. 

I have never relied on “playing position” for training because at senior level playing role may change quite a bit during season depending on tactic/opponent. 

Agree.  And to expand:  there is no familiarity with a role or duty, only position.  (I know the similar wording is confusing but:) There is tactical familiarity with P/R/D but that is trained as part of team training, in certain training slots:   all of the 'Match Preparation' team training has it, 'General-Tactical', 'Attacking Shadow Play' and 'Defensive Shadow Play'