Do I purchase?

I know that nobody knows me, and that everyone’s personal opinion can differ but I have been on the fence for a while and I felt this would be the best place to ask this question.

I have recently purchased the new iPad Pro and I’ve been looking for some games where I can just just sit there for 30-40 mins per session and just enjoy it. I have a partial interest in football in that I follow it but I wouldn’t say I was obsessed.

I last tried a Football Manager game (on the PC) about 6 years ago and even then I felt it too complicated. I didn’t understand the training side of things and just kept trying to sign Messi (for Liverpool!). So it’s fair to say that I’ve been 6 years without it in my life and it’s not bothered me.

But seeing the price of 2021 come down now (£8.49 for Touch 21 and £3.49 for Mobile 21) I can’t help but feel it might be worth a punt. I know the games won’t be updated now but maybe if I get into it, 2022 could be an option for me too!

Anyway, I really appreciate the time if anyone has read this and will be very grateful for some input. 

If you are happy to play FMTouch on iOS with lots of user interface bugs then I would say Yes. Its a good game.

I bought the game when it first came out and then managed to get a refund for it. I'm now waiting (and hoping) that 2022 will be improved.

As for FMM.... I do have it, and i have played it to death and for £3.49 it will help you pass time. I dont play it any more though as it quickly bored me.

Edited by NEO-BAHAMUT-

• SI Staff
On 15/08/2021 at 04:21, CrabCrsut said:

But seeing the price of 2021 come down now (£8.49 for Touch 21 and £3.49 for Mobile 21) I can’t help but feel it might be worth a punt. I know the games won’t be updated now but maybe if I get into it, 2022 could be an option for me too!

FMT is a slightly slimmed down version of the main FM game, basically pared back to core features only so it's slightly faster to play.

Football Manager Mobile is a separate beast entirely and I created that to play in a similar manner to our older management games from around 2001, it's fast and run to play while also keeping a feeling of realism. It does however only have a 2d match engine rather than the 3d found on FMT.

(I play and work on both titles ... and enjoy playing both, I've played over 40 seasons on both products ...)