Who to make it work in fairly and extreme wide Team instruction

Yeah the only two situations I've used width is a good old 4-4-2 with wingers, or if a stubborn team was sitting deep and narrow, I'd try & stretch them out

I prefer keeping it narrow because it makes passing easier & players are closer together for the press 

I've used wider setting in posession when i want to create overloads, FM21 changes to Focus Play has a big impact in this. For example you can focus some support duties in one side and play wide with focus play there while on the other side of the of the pitch you have someone attacking that space (An IF(A), RMD, CWB, etc). When you focus your possession on one side you are forcing your oppont to react and bring numbers with them to defend your numerical superiority and if you have someone who can switch the play when they adapted their shape, you can leave this player that is attacking the space with a good 1v1.

I think it depends more on your shape and how do you use this width. Do you use it to play crosses? Or do you want to find players in the half space and your opponent is too narrow? Can you cover the space when you lose the ball or do you have too many players bombing and leaving gaps in the middle? Those can help you have an idea to when using width is a good choice.