Player's name changed after he retired

adhikapp

Hi, Sports Interactive Bug Team, wasn't really sure where to post this, but I hope you guys understand.

A player that I used to have, in this case IRL player Lee Kang-In of South Korea, recently retired. Problem is, his name changed into Cordoba after he retired (?)

2072481200_CrystalPalace_General.thumb.png.324cf633b6393446515eaa95b7ddfec2.png

I manage Crystal Palace in this save since the beginning of the save (2021) until the saves Present Day (2038), and Lee Kang-In used to be listed in the "Favoured Personnel" section. But one day when I went back into the Club Info - General page, I see a player listed there has never been there, nor have I ever signed, named Cordoba. Curious, I clicked his profile and turns out it was a basically all Lee Kang-In's history, just under a different name.

73292995_Cordoba_Profile.thumb.png.70d5d4ecbdbf5bde9de3802cd29039aa.png

While this isn't a save-ruining bug or anything as it's a retired player anyway, just interested if this is a common bug or not? Is it fixable? If it isn't fixable, will it effect other retired players in the future as well?

Thank you.

1 hour ago, Abdullah Patel said:

Please can we get a save from before the player changes their name?  Can you please upload the save here and let us know the name: https://support.sega.co.uk/hc/en-gb/articles/360015264418-How-to-upload-files-for-support#text

Hi, I don't know if I can get you the save before the player retired, didn't have a back up of the save. The v02 and v03 of the game also is at a date after the player retired.

I may have a save file that still has the player's normal name, but thats like 10ish seasons prior to the 'present day' one. Is that the one you're looking for?

I've got the same problem where Son Heung-Min gets turned into Garía Urillo.

This save is the closest to before his name changes.

• Matthias Heymans - KRC Genk 2029.07.01.fm

The next save is from 8th July and at that point he's gone.