Need general hints and tips with tactics

Basically I’m not very good when it comes to creating tactics, knowing what works and what doesn’t. Whenever I’ve played I’ve always downloaded tactics and never really made my own because whenever I try it ends terribly. I just want to have a good basic knowledge on what tactical selections work best with each other, what player roles go well together etc.

https://omegle.onl/ I understand this is a very vague question and that there’s so many possibilities when making a tactic, I basically just want little hints and tips when it comes to creating tactics, any help is much appreciat vshare ed!

Edited by balramdau94

Make a tactic as you think you'll play, screenshot it, tell us how do you want to play and your tactic will be reviewed. 

That how I started and believe me, when you win something with your very own tactic, you' ll be happy as a child when he gets a lollipop. 😊

What everyone else wrote, plus look through other threads where others have posted tactics.  A few general pointers:

• (1) analyze the strengths and weaknesses of your squad at every possible position;
  • (2) figure out which positions and roles you can effectively play;
  • (3) based upon those analyses, figure out what formation and style you want to play (and bring in new players if necessary and feasible);
  • (4) try to achieve that formation and style, only choosing positions-roles-duties, and only have a few, or even zero, team or player instructions (also, I often start on 'positive' or 'balanced' mentality, because mentality is a team instruction) -- for example, if you want a 'counter-attacking, route 1' style, you likely will want to start with the TIs 'counter' and 'more direct passing', but if you are just learning about tactics, I'd start with as few as possible and add as needed;
  • (5) get out some game pieces (like checkers) and, positioning both your team and a generic opposition, based upon your chosen pos/roles/duties, work through the phases of play:  defending, offensive transition, attacking third, defensive transition;
  • (6) use that tactic in friendlies, watching full match, and figure out where it is not working or opening up potential problems;
  • (7) figure out if you can try to correct problems with changes to individual roles/duties, individual PIs or TIs, making just 1 or 2 changes at a time, so that you can see the effects of the changes;
  • (8) keep experimenting;
  • (9) post your tactic on a separate thread for assistance
Edited by glengarry224

As someone who had to use FM to learn Football I was lost until I started reading threads and guides.

I will also recommend looking at YouTube and all  the tactics you can download. I DO NOT recommend downloading the tactics, but you can see how other people put together successful tactics.

One last thing. Be careful not to over analyze.  You can have a tactic that hasn't lost a game in 30 matches, put it on the forums and it will get picked apart.

As Bruce Lee said, "Obey the principles without being bound by them."