[Suggestion] Tell a player he's going to play next match

bpecanha

Hello,

currently, we can tell a player we're going to rest him, but what about telling a player he will/will not play due to tactical reasons?

I'm playing with Canadian side York9 and my team is doing well, but our CM Noah Verhoeven is underperforming (and unhappy with me as well). I have a reserve CM called Danial Rafisamii, he's young and played just 11 minutes in six matches so far. I would like to have the option to talk to him before the game to say "Hey, I'm going to start you next match. Please impress me and give your all". I think effects are pretty obvious. If I use that with my main striker, he'll be confused. But I think it would be a nice addition.

If you say, that "But I think it would be a nice addition.", then I say 'no'. But, you should reconsider what this comment would do to this player - pros and cons.

Like, if the player is young and eager (and unexperienced), promising this (playing time) would enhance his motivation. He would do all training like a pro, at least for a while. Like you said. But what would be the downside? In these few training slots before the game he could train with too much intensity and become fatigued?

Anyway, I think, that all these possible conversations are good for the game. When talking to a player or staff, giving a promise, when negotiating a contract with a player or staff, applaying for a job, negotiating with the board,... And, of course, when managing in a game.

Now these conversations are too simple (not enough possibilities), you can't explain why something should be done and therefore good suggestions are welcome. Only thing is, that all what you say should have positive and negative possible effects.

I could vote for this idea, but what do you think, what are those possible effects?

• SI Staff

Thanks for taking the time to post, This is something which has already been flagged as a request within the community, so has already been documented and is part of our internal database of features for consideration. Like all features raised to us, it could end up rejected, or could after extensive design and development become a part of a future FM