How to Fix Freeze-Framing during Matches?

I'm getting freeze framing during matches, regardless of graphic settings: from High to Low, with and without Crowd, to no avail.

I also make sure no other programs are running on background (quite curiously, sometimes it helps to have one Chrome running, to stop freeze framing!!)

No, it's not my laptop (Alienware, i7, GTX-1070, all drivers updated).

Any tips on how to fix this during matches, and/or outside the game (on the laptop, FM game settings, Steam), etc.?

Many thanks.

PS: As we all know, this is an old problem that SI has not been able to repair after all these years...

Check your Nvidia Control Panel. The game could be running with your CPU instead of GPU. It's jerky because CPU can't take all that load and is boiling so it has to throttle. My 1060 (mobile version) can run Med with crowds fine.

21 hours ago, jeerinho said:

Check your Nvidia Control Panel. The game could be running with your CPU instead of GPU. It's jerky because CPU can't take all that load and is boiling so it has to throttle. My 1060 (mobile version) can run Med with crowds fine.

Thanks. I double-checked and even reinstalled my drivers and updates, but my laptop is running FM on GPU...

image.png.dda36d9668c17ac37422186f2e0edbe7.png

If I understand 'freezeframe' correct I have same thing as stutter on a very high end pc. For me though unlike you it is just after I've alt-tabbed to something like spotify. Until that first alt-tab it runs wonderful. After that, like I'm playing on old laptop.

Changing settings quality down doesn't have any noticeable effect. 

On 01/08/2021 at 09:05, phd_angel said:

I'm getting freeze framing during matches, regardless of graphic settings: from High to Low, with and without Crowd, to no avail.

I also make sure no other programs are running on background (quite curiously, sometimes it helps to have one Chrome running, to stop freeze framing!!)

No, it's not my laptop (Alienware, i7, GTX-1070, all drivers updated).

Any tips on how to fix this during matches, and/or outside the game (on the laptop, FM game settings, Steam), etc.?

Many thanks.

PS: As we all know, this is an old problem that SI has not been able to repair after all these years...

Is this where the game pauses for a second or two along with audio cutting out? If so, this has also just started happening to me.  It's been running amazing up until a couple days ago

2 minutes ago, jcp1417 said:

Is this where the game pauses for a second or two along with audio cutting out? If so, this has also just started happening to me.  It's been running amazing up until a couple days ago

No, it more like stuttering/shakiness as the match unfolds. I play with no audio.  It happens at random, regardless of graphic settings and regardless of applications running on the background.

It's been happening for years and years, and SI never fixed that.

Just now, phd_angel said:

No, it more like stuttering/shakiness as the match unfolds. I play with no audio.  It happens at random, regardless of graphic settings and regardless of applications running on the background.

It's been happening for years and years, and SI never fixed that.

oh ok. my issue isn't that.