Losing Second Half?

My Team is Leciester City, When come Team Fixture lists and I was checking on Liverpool fixture lists where they Lost against Man City 1-0. I have started to used Man City Tactic(4-1-2-3 which is 2 wingers and one striker) with my team Mentality of Attacking with Fluid. My Team was winning 3-1 and in second Half as I want my team to attack more to get 4th goals but Liverpool bounce back with 5 goals.

I think My Biggest mistake was Mentality of Attacking when I should put on Counter and also change the formations like 4-1-4-1 to make harder to break my team down.......

I am not sure about the Team shape should you used if you were winning and trying to defend quite big leads.

From my Understanding of Team Shape would be

Highly Structured -  Stay in position at all time

Structured            -  Stay in position sometime

Flexiable - Bit of both 

Fluid -  Bit more Freedom and Creative 

Very Fluid - More Freedom, More Creative

I wish someone could explain to me better about meaning of those Team Shape......that I struggle.

1 hour ago, Rookie FM said:

I am not sure about the Team shape should you used if you were winning and trying to defend quite big leads.

From my Understanding of Team Shape would be

Highly Structured -  Stay in position at all time

Structured            -  Stay in position sometime

Flexiable - Bit of both 

Fluid -  Bit more Freedom and Creative 

Very Fluid - More Freedom, More Creative

I wish someone could explain to me better about meaning of those Team Shape......that I struggle.

Team Shape did affect the distribution of individual player mentalities, where it spreads out more for a structured team shape (the more forward a player is, the higher his mentality is compared to a defender) and gets closer to each other for more fluid team shapes (the more forward a player is, the more equal his mentality is compared to a defender). And it also affects creative freedom as you mentioned already. However, it has nothing to do with how solid your team can be defensively. With a structured team shape, attack duty fullbacks will still bomb forward. What you want to do, is to switch your formation (as you did) to a more conservative one and keep players behind the ball / make everyone contribute to defense. You should therefore decrease your number of attack duties (especially from defensive players) and add more defend / support duties.

One thing to mention though, Team Shape feature got removed from FM19 and onwards. So if you are playing a newer Version of FM, it doesnt have any effect.

Edited by CARRERA

[Quote]

Team Shape did affect the distribution of individual player mentalities, where it spreads out more for a structured team shape (the more forward a player is, the higher his mentality is compared to a defender) and gets closer to each other for more fluid team shapes (the more forward a player is, the more equal his mentality is compared to a defender). And it also affects creative freedom as you mentioned already. However, it has nothing to do with how solid your team can be defensively. With a structured team shape, attack duty fullbacks will still bomb forward. What you want to do, is to switch your formation (as you did) to a more conservative one and keep players behind the ball / make everyone contribute to defense. You should therefore decrease your number of attack duties (especially from defensive players) and add more defend / support duties.

[/Quote]

It is good to know  :)

It is FM 2017 that I been playing.  After I lost against Liverpool then When I try it again , I used ATTACKING with Fluid and score was 2-2 then I try Attacking with Highly Structure against other big team and My Team Won 4-2

Edited by Rookie FM