[CM03/04] Don´t Klopp Me Now

Carambau

spacer.png

LIVERPOOL FC SEASON 2003/2004

TRANSFERS

spacer.png

Diouf was a controversial figure at Anfield anyway, so we were glad when the nice offer from Valencia came in. Luzi was our young backup keeper.

spacer.png

20 year old Scottish winger Stephen Pearson gives us more options in midfield as he can play on both flanks. Guatemalan talent Fredy William Thompson bolsters our defensive midfield. Mark Goodlad is our new 3rd keeper.16 year old Brazilian Bruno is our keeper for the future. 

TEAM

spacer.png

Some names there... 30 year old Sami Hyypia captains a team full of talent. Gerrard & Owen are both still only 23 and already carrying the club. Add even more talented youth (Le Tallec, Welsh, Otsemobor) and experience (Hyypia, Carragher, Smicer, Heskey, Hamann) and this should be a great mix. The future will tell.

TACTICS

spacer.png

Direct passing with an Attacking mentality. Closing Down at all times. Gerrard has a free role in midfield.

RESULTS

spacer.png

Pre-season was nice after a bad start. But then the players clicked. No defeat yet in the league. Looking good.

TABLE

spacer.png

This is what you get when you start like we did.

NEWS

spacer.png

Who remembers Jardel´s stint in England? I don´t...

Edited by Carambau

Wow, I fondly remember the days of owning CD-Roms with Games on them....

Good Luck even though this is from before my fandom! I'm a latecomer really didn't start following Football until 2014! I had heard of Liverpool and they were owned by the Red Sox so it was natural in a way....

Good Luck on keeping Klopp away!

11 hours ago, Hootieleece said:

Wow, I fondly remember the days of owning CD-Roms with Games on them....

Good Luck even though this is from before my fandom! I'm a latecomer really didn't start following Football until 2014! I had heard of Liverpool and they were owned by the Red Sox so it was natural in a way....

Good Luck on keeping Klopp away!

Oh, didnt know you were a latecomer in football... It surely doesnt show! Thank you :)

22 minutes ago, deltablue said:

Now that's going back a ways ;)

Time Machine ;) 

spacer.png

RESULTS

spacer.png

We did not concede at all in october, if you leave out the game against Leicester. But thats life: We were the better team, but they won.

spacer.png

A really ugly draw at home against ugly Bolton. Then we defeat Red Star Belgrade over 2 legs before losing to a strong Manchester United. They are contenders after all.

spacer.png

Of all games we of course must lose the Merseyside Derby! Damn Everton who are sitting lower midtable play the game of their lives and win.

spacer.png

A great start into the new year if you just look at the league. Leeds defeat us in the FA Cup but we get into a good position to reach the League Cup final.

TABLE

spacer.png

It is pretty close up there with 4 teams competing for the title.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Jurgen Klopp is currently lying on 3rd with Mainz after 22 Bundesliga 2 games. In the DFB Cup however, he managed to lose against amateur club Velbert in the 1st round.

Edited by Carambau

spacer.png

RESULTS

spacer.png

Great month. But then we lose the League Cup final against Arsenal.

spacer.png

A good beginning of the month but then we decline more and more and even lose at home to our bogey team. At least we make it to the UEFA Cup quarter finals against Auxerre.

TABLE

spacer.png

7 games to go and still 4 teams are in the title race.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Jurgen Klopp is still sitting on 3rd place with Mainz after 27 Bundesliga 2 games.

Edited by Carambau

3 hours ago, Carambau said:

spacer.png

RESULTS

spacer.png

Great month. But then we lose the League Cup final against Arsenal.

spacer.png

A good beginning of the month but then we decline more and more and even lose at home to our bogey team. At least we make it to the UEFA Cup quarter finals against Auxerre.

TABLE

spacer.png

7 games to go and still 4 teams are in the title race.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Jurgen Klopp is still sitting on 3rd place with Mainz after 27 Bundesliga 2 games.

Ah the good old day when Man city and PSG are not dominace and have been an bad teams and Arsenal won the title in 2004

spacer.png

RESULTS

spacer.png

Auxerre were no match in the quarter finals. But Aston Villa showed us we are not unbeatable.

spacer.png

Only one win in May - at least it was our revenge in the Merseyside Derby - this would not be enough to win the League title. But we make up for this by winning the UEFA Cup.

TABLE

spacer.png

We lost the title in May. Congratulations to relentless Manchester United.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Jurgen Klopp gets Mainz promoted to the 1.Bundesliga.

NEWS

spacer.png

1. Giourkas Seitaridis (PAOK)

2. Kees van Wonderen (Feyenoord)

3. Kaka (Milan)

spacer.png

1. Roberto Carlos (Real Madrid)

2. Cafu (Milan)

3. Kevin Hofland (PSV)

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

England with our players Kirkland, Gerrard & Owen make it to the semi finals but lose out to Holland there who go on to win the EURO title.

spacer.png

After the tournament however, Big Sam would take over.

Edited by Carambau

7 hours ago, Carambau said:

spacer.png

RESULTS

spacer.png

Auxerre were no match in the quarter finals. But Aston Villa showed us we are not unbeatable.

spacer.png

Only one win in May - at least it was our revenge in the Merseyside Derby - this would not be enough to win the League title. But we make up for this by winning the UEFA Cup.

TABLE

spacer.png

We lost the title in May. Congratulations to relentless Manchester United.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Jurgen Klopp gets Mainz promoted to the 1.Bundesliga.

NEWS

spacer.png

1. Giourkas Seitaridis (PAOK)

2. Kees van Wonderen (Feyenoord)

3. Kaka (Milan)

spacer.png

1. Roberto Carlos (Real Madrid)

2. Cafu (Milan)

3. Kevin Hofland (PSV)

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

England with our players Kirkland, Gerrard & Owen make it to the semi finals but lose out to Holland there who go on to win the EURO title.

spacer.png

After the tournament however, Big Sam would take over.

Damn what the shame that Portugal lose the final to Netherlands in Euro 2004 

and what the transfer budget you gonna have and what transfer targets do you have in mind

15 hours ago, john1 said:

So unlucky with May results :( Surprised to see Newcastle, making it to UEFA Cup final :eek: 

Indeed... Newcastle have quite a strong team with Shearer, Bellamy, Given, Dyer, Zenden and Dabizas :)

I can't tell you how much money I've wasted well spent after school in video room?/play room?/not sure what the right name it is for it, but every day (didn't have a PC at home back then), I was there, getting my Leeds United to two Champions League titles in five years.

Nostalgia is... Just... Too much...

Good luck with this.

2 minutes ago, Constantine said:

I can't tell you how much money I've wasted well spent after school in video room?/play room?/not sure what the right name it is for it, but every day (didn't have a PC at home back then), I was there, getting my Leeds United to two Champions League titles in five years.

Nostalgia is... Just... Too much...

Good luck with this.

Oh yeah... the melancholy is strong here in this thread... Thank you :)

spacer.png

LIVERPOOL FC SEASON 2004/2005

TRANSFERS

spacer.png

The great summer clear out. A lot of players have to go. Most notably probably czech duo Baros & Smicer. We are building a new team, so the old names gotta go.

spacer.png

A new backup keeper in Gareth Williams. Gareth Barry is the upcoming defensive midfielder, Daniele Bonera is our new rightback. Ginaluca Falsini is our backup leftback. John Carew will cause a threat in attack as he will be our new target man. Zwikker & Jones are young talents for our U19 team.

spacer.png

This was nice to read.

TEAM

spacer.png

Kirkland overtook Dudek and is our new number one. He also is a member of the England national team, as are Gerrard and OwenBonera will play RB instead of Finnan. Carragher and captain Hyypia will be the regular central defenders with Riise on the left wing. We got Alou Diarra back from his loan and he will strengthen our defensive midfield. Gerrard & Hamann will feature in central midfield, while the wingers should be Pearson & Kewell.  Looks like Heskey is the biggest loser here as I prefer 3 players (Owen, Carew, Le Tallec) ahead of him in our attack. But the future will show if he can change my mind.

NEWS

spacer.png

Its getting worse at Leeds...

Edited by Carambau

spacer.png

RESULTS

spacer.png

Good performances followed by not so good performances like the defeat against Blackburn. We have to get more consistent to challenge for the title this season.

PREMIER LEAGUE TABLE

spacer.png

A close league indeed.

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE GROUP TABLE

spacer.png

3 games, 6 points each. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

17th place. Looks like relegation. But you have to consider his team is really weak.

Edited by Carambau

On 01/08/2021 at 17:33, Carambau said:

spacer.png

RESULTS

spacer.png

Good performances followed by not so good performances like the defeat against Blackburn. We have to get more consistent to challenge for the title this season.

PREMIER LEAGUE TABLE

spacer.png

A close league indeed.

spacer.png

3 games, 6 points each. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

17th place. Looks like relegation. But you have to consider his team is really weak.

So did Birmingham got an takeover by rich man or something

On 04/08/2021 at 11:43, deltablue said:

It's fun to see Birmingham top of the league :D

I predict they wont last long ;)

18 hours ago, HugoLazgo12 said:

So did Birmingham got an takeover by rich man or something

Nope. They sold Darren Carter to Middlesbrough, that brought them around 12M :) 

14 hours ago, Hootieleece said:

Are you going to steal some Leeds players in the future?

The only players of interest for us would be James Milner and Alan Smith. But we are covered in those positions already so its unlikely... although signing Milner would be a nice reference to reality :)

37 minutes ago, oche balboa said:

Liking this. Good to see some old games about. I couldnt get 03/04 to run on my laptop too slow even if its 16/17 years old. 

It´s still slow on my pc but its bearable. You can make coffee or browse the web while its processing ;) 

spacer.png

RESULTS

spacer.png

On good days we fire all guns but on bad days our strikers wont hit a barn door. Those 2 draws in late december really hurt.

PREMIER LEAGUE TABLE

spacer.png

@deltabluejinxed it obviously, so Birmingham are still up there with the big boys!

spacer.png

We qualify as 2nd and will play Chelsea in the first knockout round. What a boring draw!

spacer.png

spacer.png

18th place. I wonder when he gets fired finally. You can´t be THAT bad and still be in charge after half of the season!

Edited by Carambau

24 minutes ago, Carambau said:

spacer.png

RESULTS

spacer.png

On good days we fire all guns but on bad days our strikers wont hit a barn door. Those 2 draws in late december really hurt.

PREMIER LEAGUE TABLE

spacer.png

@deltabluejinxed it obviously, so Birmingham are still up there with the big boys!

spacer.png

We qualify as 2nd and will play Chelsea in the first knockout round. What a boring draw!

spacer.png

spacer.png

18th place. I wonder when he gets fired finally. You can´t be THAT bad and still be in charge after half of the season!

now imagine Klopp get sacked by Mainz and wow Birmingham are doing pretty amazing season i have feeling that they could get Champions league spot or UEFA Cup Spot

On 05/08/2021 at 17:39, HugoLazgo12 said:

now imagine Klopp get sacked by Mainz and wow Birmingham are doing pretty amazing season i have feeling that they could get Champions league spot or UEFA Cup Spot

Doesnt look too unlikely atm... :)

On 06/08/2021 at 10:27, Wavelberry said:

Charlton going down. Get Scott Parker signed. Also no surprise to see you sign Billy from Crewe. IIRC John Welsh turns out very good on this game too.

Charlton have improved, so it´s gonna be hard to get Parker ;)

spacer.png

WINTER TRANSFERS

spacer.png

Prominent names. But they are either too old or we have better options in that position. Nice money.

spacer.png

Nelio is a 21 year old winger who can play on either side and in the center. Kowalewski is our new backup keeper.

RESULTS

spacer.png

Our league title hopes are over for this season. A series of bad results sealed our fate.  Of course we also lost against Chelsea in the Champions League 1st knockout round. And we even lost against First Division side Crystal Palace in the FA Cup. At least, finally we won the League Cup.

PREMIER LEAGUE TABLE

spacer.png

A massive drop down to 6th. Although 3rd place is only 1 point away. Manchester United are too far too catch.

spacer.png

spacer.png

18th place. He is still in charge. His board must be veeery patient.

NEWS

spacer.png

Well deserved.

Edited by Carambau

spacer.png

RESULTS

spacer.png

5 wins in the remaining 7 matches. We held our nerves there.

PREMIER LEAGUE TABLE

spacer.png

Manchester United are champions, which is no surprise. We finish 3rd. It could have been more but then again this is ok for me.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Relegation with Mainz. But it looks like he will stay and get another chance there.

NEWS

spacer.png

I guess staying in the Premier League helped a lot.

Edited by Carambau

1 hour ago, Carambau said:

spacer.png

RESULTS

spacer.png

5 wins in the remaining 7 matches. We held our nerves there.

PREMIER LEAGUE TABLE

spacer.png

Manchester United are champions, which is no surprise. We finish 3rd. It could have been more but then again this is ok for me.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Relegation with Mainz. But it looks like he will stay and get another chance there.

NEWS

spacer.png

I guess staying in the Premier League helped a lot.

wow Fulham are in champions league and Birmingham is in UEFA Cup but what the heck is even happen to Arsenal did wenger left or something

Klopp is still in charge of Mainz and didnt get sacked because the Board are very patient imagine on what could have happen if Klopp will get them relegated even in German third division

so who won the UEFA Cup and Champions league and all other competitons i want to know

i want to see SI does an history flashback on FM 22 i just want to happen 

2 hours ago, HugoLazgo12 said:

wow Fulham are in champions league and Birmingham is in UEFA Cup but what the heck is even happen to Arsenal did wenger left or something

Klopp is still in charge of Mainz and didnt get sacked because the Board are very patient imagine on what could have happen if Klopp will get them relegated even in German third division

so who won the UEFA Cup and Champions league and all other competitons i want to know

i want to see SI does an history flashback on FM 22 i just want to happen 

Well, in reality Klopp also got Mainz relegated in 06/07 and wasnt fired afterwards but managed to lead them to a 4th place in the 2nd Bundesliga before taking the offer from Dortmund :)

As for your requests, here you are:  

Winners season 04/05:

Champions League:  Dynamo Kiev (beat PSV in final)

UEFA Cup: Slovan Liberec (beat Inter in final)

Copa Libertadores: River Plate (beat Cruzeiro in final)

Serie A:

1. Roma

2. Juventus

3. Milan

La Liga:

1. Real Sociedad

2. Real Madrid

3. Deportivo la Coruna

Some surprises there!

Well, in reality Klopp also got Mainz relegated in 06/07 and wasnt fired afterwards but managed to lead them to a 4th place in the 2nd Bundesliga before taking the offer from Dortmund :)

As for your requests, here you are:  

Winners season 04/05:

Champions League:  Dynamo Kiev (beat PSV in final)

UEFA Cup: Slovan Liberec (beat Inter in final)

Copa Libertadores: River Plate (beat Cruzeiro in final)

Serie A:

1. Roma

2. Juventus

3. Milan

La Liga:

1. Real Sociedad

2. Real Madrid

3. Deportivo la Coruna

Some surprises there!

oh my Dynamo beat PSV in Champions League and Slovan Liberec also beat Inter in UEFA Cup

oh my goodness anyways who won the portuguese league and who won champions league last season

i really wish FM could have bring history flashback mode or have surprise winner into league or cup in FM 22 like Leicester or Lille did it in real life

On 08/08/2021 at 21:17, HugoLazgo12 said:

oh my goodness anyways who won the portuguese league and who won champions league last season

Sorry, I dont have the portuguese league loaded in this save.

Edited by Carambau

spacer.png

LIVERPOOL FC SEASON 2005/2006

TRANSFERS

spacer.png

The only notable departure was Stephane Henchoz. 

spacer.png

2 new central defenders, both very talented. And another talent for our attack.

TEAM

spacer.png

Dittmer was promoted from our reserves to be 3rd keeper. No changes to the core team, but we got more options in defence now with Huth and Dawson and one more alternative in attack with Soriano.

NEWS

spacer.png

spacer.png

A look at the transfers that took place worldwide. Some pretty strange ones there, like Ronaldinho signing for Hamburg or Scott Parker moving to Marseille.

Edited by Carambau

spacer.png

RESULTS

spacer.png

We are not scoring enough goals. Hence the three goalless draws against supposedly weaker opposition. I haven´t figured out yet what the reason is. BUT we haven´t lost a game yet, so there´s also positives. We qualified for the Champions League group stage, where we were drawn together with Rosenborg (who appeared strong, that was one of those goalless draws, at home!), Marseille and big Real Madrid.

TABLE

spacer.png

The table is not looking that bad, but that is mostly because of the other big teams underperforming, especially the champions Manchester United.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Klopp is doing great again, Mainz seem on their way back to the top flight in Germany. Good decision of the board not to fire him after last years bad performances & the following relegation.

Edited by Carambau

spacer.png

TRANSFERS

spacer.png

This icelandic striker was available on a free transfer. His attributes are great so we snapped him up. He will be our backup striker behind Owen & Carew.

RESULTS

spacer.png

Finally we started to score more and it shows in the results. We also only lost one league game, against a strong Chelsea. The other game we lost against Real Madrid but that was predictable. Southampton gave us a big fight in the League Cup 4th round and we almost went out but thanks to brace of John Carew we won that game in the end. Our opponent in the semi finals will be Arsenal.

TABLE

spacer.png

We top the table mid-season. It looks like it has become a title battle between us and Manchester United now.

spacer.png

We qualify for the knockout rounds. Marseille gave us a good fight for second place but in the end we prevailed and will meet Juventus in march.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Klopp is cruising. 15 points clear of a non-promotion place - Promotion should already be a safe bet.

NEWS

spacer.png

We set a nice new record. But against Newcastle of all teams??

spacer.png

So... England will not be at the 2006 World Cup in Germany.

Edited by Carambau

spacer.png

RESULTS

spacer.png

We won the League Cup again! And it was an easy won as Leeds didnt put up a challenge at all. We go out in the 5th round of the FA Cup though, against Tottenham. And we lose both legs against Juventus in the 2nd round of the Champions League. But I am fairly optimistic that we can win the Premier League title this season if we keep on going like that in the league. 

spacer.png

It´s 16 points and only 7 games to go. We can do this.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Klopp and his team are 16 points ahead. Promotion, I guess.

Edited by Carambau

spacer.png

RESULTS

spacer.png

We won the League Cup again! And it was an easy won as Leeds didnt put up a challenge at all. We go out in the 5th round of the FA Cup though, against Tottenham. And we lose both legs against Juventus in the 2nd round of the Champions League. But I am fairly optimistic that we can win the Premier League title this season if we keep on going like that in the league. 

spacer.png

It´s 16 points and only 7 games to go. We can do this.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Klopp and his team are 16 points ahead. Promotion, I guess.

oh my this game was too easy comprated to FM 21

wow how long Klopp have stay his job at Mainz does Board are too scared from him to get sacked or he reject the offers just to stay at Mainz

34 minutes ago, HugoLazgo12 said:

oh my this game was too easy comprated to FM 21

wow how long Klopp have stay his job at Mainz does Board are too scared from him to get sacked or he reject the offers just to stay at Mainz

I cant see if Klopp get offers or rejects them.  He has been Mainz manager since the start of the game, July 2003.

spacer.png

spacer.png

We have done it! after 26 years, Liverpool are Champions of England again!

RESULTS

spacer.png

We don´t do too much in the remaining games, including a cingeworthy defeat against relegated Leicester, but in the end it is enough to get us crowned Champions.

spacer.png

12 points ahead of Newcastle and Manchester United in the end. It was a very good season. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

Klopp got the promotion with Mainz. In the end it was easy.

Edited by Carambau

48 minutes ago, Carambau said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

We have done it! after 26 years, Liverpool are Champions of England again!

RESULTS

spacer.png

We don´t do too much in the remaining games, including a cingeworthy defeat against relegated Leicester, but in the end it is enough to get us crowned Champions.

spacer.png

12 points ahead of Newcastle and Manchester United in the end. It was a very good season. Our next aim must be to retain the title and start aiming for European Silverware.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Klopp got the promotion with Mainz. In the end it was easy.

in this Very altenrate universe Liverpool became champions sooner in 2006 rather that later,Mike Ashley never takeover Newcastle,Tottenham qualify to Champions League first time in history sooner more that later,Arsenal and Chelsea are playing thursday Nights in UEFA Cup 

and Klopp won the 2 bundesliga with Mainz