Perfection isn't a destination but a journey.

B.W.G

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 01/10/2021 at 03:28, Sonic Youth said:

Doing well, and nearly there in both league and cup.

The league is going to the last game of the season and we have a one point advantage at the top.For the Taca de Angola,we have the easiest of the tiers as we will be facing CR Caala in the semi-final.

February 2037

Fixtures

81cafca893e738603ed354475dad68de.png

Table

5751e3178dc2c866f4b5b3801cfd68d1.png

A great month overall as we won all four matches and that has left us at the top of the table with a one point advantage going into the final game of the season.We had two solid wins over Domant FC and 1 de Maio while we have a sensational 5-1 victory over Desportibo Huila and that was won very late on thanks to three goals in three minutes.The match against Interclube was a nerve wracking affair,it was 2-1 at half time and we ended up winning 4-3 at full time thanks to Agualusa's late winner.

March brings us three games,one in the league and two in the Taca de Angola.We kick the month off with the two games in the Taca de Angola and we will be facing CR Caala in what is the easiest possible tie at this stage of the competition,we will need to be at our best ensure we get through but I believe we can do it.As for the final league game,we will be facing Progresso Sambizanga and it is easy to know what we need to do and that is if we win the game then we win the title and that is what I will be aiming to do.

Youth Intake 2037

d7d2bda6fa656f9e123b359a780920e3.png

"Excellent group of players"....what a joke that intake preview was,literally the only players worth keeping who could make the first team are Carlos and Pontes,I'll probably keep the next four as well just to keep the numbers of the youth team up but I am disappointed in this intake.

March 2037

Fixtures

0af5d3af1fab389a2aa28933e212e393.png

Table

560f5923fa8821120828aa4618bdad3a.png

Well that is back to back titles wrapped up as we easily beat Progresso Sambizanga 3-0 to clinch the title on the final day of the season,unfortunately I couldn't make it three for three in being the final nail in the coffin for all three relegate sides so I will just have to make do with CD Ferroviario and Domant FC having their top flight coffin nailed shut!The Taca de Angola against CR Caala was settled in the first leg when we beat them 5-0 but the second leg was a cracking match in which we ran out 6-4 winners on the night to give us a 11-4 aggregate win as we moved to the final.

We have April off so our next match will be in May and it will be the Taca de Angola final against Petro de Luanda,we are actually 1-1 on results this season so whoever wins this match up will claim a trophy and bragging rights for the season.I know this is going to be a very tough match as they thumped us 5-0 earlier in the season!

May 2037

120aea8eaa9f4b101c92731e02cb8527.png4a9bc94699115152daf990547d7ba6ae.png

We just had the one game in May and in was the Taca de Angola final,as you can see we were the second best team in the match but we did edge the game 2-1 to make it a double this season.After we went 2-0 up it was pretty much all one way traffic but that came to an end in the 49th minute when Petro de Luanda were reduced to ten men as we were much more comfortable after that.

End of Season update to follow then onto the new season where I only need to focus on one match!

1a217bcbfc7c5f831ce1405d6f029e08.png

Girabola Zap - End of Season - 2036/37

Season Review

Transfers - Released

Five players were released,four of them (who have all retired) didn't have a future at the club while Ntyamba left on a free after we failed to get a deal agreed with him which was annoying as I wanted to keep him.Five players joined other clubs on a free transfer but I didn't have any issues with any of the players leaving as they didn't have a future at the club.We bought in seven players across the season as I looked to meet and surpass the board's expectations of a mid-table finish,all the players who came in would be a part of the first team and will help strengthen the team quite significantly.

Fixtures 1 - 2

Competitions

Girabola ZAP - Winners

2eae75ff5404ab9c9f2b9058c0180ba3.png

Well that was certainly a season to remember as we won the league in our first season in top flight,this was certainly a challenge though as Recreativo do Libolo pushed us all the way as we won the title by one point,looks like the best defence is a good offence as we were the top scorers while our defence was the fifth best in the league.

Taca de Angola - Winners

c37a316c438550a9ce22c94f232d45c3.png

We made it a double for the season as we lifted the Taca de Angola after a fantastic run this season.The hardest tie of the run before the final came in the second round where we beat Desportivo Huila 4-2 on aggrate,we had a lot of luck in the second leg as we were reduced to ten men and the opposition.The final saw us being lucky again as beat Petro de Luanda 2-1 in the final despite being the second best team in the league.

Players,Stats and Awards

Overall Best XI

Best XI - Accolades 1 - 2

24b1070155af912738d2ed0d9819d43a.png

Beni Agualusa

Helio Ribeiro

Gaspar Lupapa

Josue Mendes

Manuel Muzonho

Manager's Thoughts

What a season that was as we won a double which means we have one trophy left in Angola to win and that is the Supertaca de Angola,I will be strengthening the team to ensure I leave it a good position as the team is a very healthy state at the minute,we have brilliant players for this level while the finances are currently sat at £749k and that should be enough to get some upgrades done for training and youth facilities.The club should be able to make even more money as they will be competing in the Champions League next season.The addition of Lupapa was brilliant as he has become invaluable to our defence and is actually regarded as one of the key players in the league.

As for next season,my main aim is to win the Supertaca de Angola as that will mean Angola will be completed and I can move onto the next nation which is Anguilla.I will be strengthening the team to give us the best chance possible,the weakest area in the team is the DR spot which is rated at 2.5*,I will also be looking to improve the goalkeeper,both MC and both winger roles but only if the players for those teams are 3.5* or higher as they are currently filled in with 3* players.Time to make this a quick pre-season as there shouldn't be much for me to do!

Career Stats

Link (For entire career)

6cae81ca41dc049d788ad7933f8cd17e.png

Supertaca de Angola

First Leg

db3793b83095aa930d4638de3683b20a.png2070144d45cb51b67e6ea1cab2d35b81.png

What an insane game this was as we ran out 6-4 winners,it was a very even game which had 51 shots between both teams and this really could of finished at any score as both teams managed to get 15 shots on target a piece.....think I need to breathe after this match!

Second Leg

81858734fe36d4190f99161555ab7012.png7e535c4baec9959fbbfb1ce7497941f0.png

It was a much quieter game than the first match but in all honesty,I am a bit surprised we won this game as we were the second best throughout the match but Ribeiro's winner in the 40th minute was enough to clinch us the game thanks to Benjamin Oppong's (new gk) man of the match performance which saw him net a 7.9 rating!

With this victory,it meant we won the SuperTaca de Angola 7-4 on aggregate and Angola is now completed!

In-game Changes

4df61e91a180045732c60b24a8914238.png

dac34ab8f097816f9cf55f4724760258.png

American Samoa is bugged so the date will always change by a year so by 2200 it could be the biggest footballing nation in the world (not likely)!

Angola is now done which means it's time for Australia to come in,for the National Premier Leagues my requirement is to win one of them before trying to get a job in the A-League.With Australia now coming in,there are only two more countries left beginning with the letter A!

Edited by B.W.G

World Map of Completed Countries

3aceafaca04ca0dcdac30c2572c8006d.png

I may have a small issue with Anguilla as it doesn't actually appear on this map which is weird as I know it's east of the British Virigin Islands and that is east of Peurto Rico but at least I know this map is easy to use and colour how I want!

ad12768611d97c39176dc1bf46049dc3.png

AFA Senior Male League - New Club - 2037

The Offer

c02d5855c7961bfb5625416082d66efb.png

It's an amateur football club so this was to be expected!

Club Background

6e1f28727c710469a1e29d52a5ecad9a.png

The Team

b737d84867f4804e48b176928a054f26.png

giphy.gif

No seriously,I had to highlight and right click to see how many players I had in the first team,this doesn't even take into account the other 34 players I have in the under 21 squad!

Last Season's Position

c7bc09526b5027c998475cdfbf3fbc53.png

Manager's Thoughts

Well this is going to be an interesting spell at the club,at least at this club I am happy with the backstaff I have so there won't be any changes needed in that part.The team is where I need to sort things out as there are 93 players in the first team and 12 of those are goalkeepers!We do have some really good players which are easy to miss in the squad list due to all the trash in the first team so there will be a lot of players released but with being in a country of amateur teams,there is no possibility of selling them.The only reason this job has come up is down to the fact they underperformed this season,they were predicted to finish in second and came in eighth which was quite surprising but I think this will be an easy job (and country) to complete due to not having any budgets to worry about.

Angulla has three competitions to win,the Senior Male League,the Knockout Cup and the Champions League.The league is a bit of a weird one,all teams player each other once and the top four go into a playoff to decide the league champions while the Champions League is a mini-league consisting of the top five teams and the winners get crowned the Champions League winners.

a9b7b18679b10309e7d4474577ef3186.png

AFA Senior Male League - Pre-Season - 2038

Season Preview - Expectations

Transfers - Released

Well that was certainly a pre-season I am unlikely to forget as I have never seen so many players leave a single club in one pre-season.In total I released 71 players from the club who didn't really have a future and I think that will be the biggest culling of a squad I will ever have in this save,of these 71 players,26 of them have actually already retired from the game!We managed to keep the rest of the team together as no one left us which is a plus as we had some very good players in the team,to add to these players I bought in seven players who I think will help us challenge for the title this season.

Pre-Season Fixtures

2fc3ab260191c1199d54a739cc4ae02e.png

Pre-season wasn't anything too major as it was a case of get match sharpness up and get the players more familiar with my tactics as we head into the new season.The only thing I did which was unusual is that I arranged friendlies with teams from other countries as I didn't want to face anyone from our league.

The Team

5291ccb84210fa77932e76619e81f14a.png05df261fa10423b7356aa0115f342e93.png

Girdon Tittle

Cleo Gumbs

G.Roach-Gumbs

Cleo Kentish

A.Pilar-Derrick

Manager's Thoughts

Well that was certainly something as I have never released that many players in one go before,to make this even more funny is that the league has a registration limit of 35 players and we had 93 at the club so what was the point in the rest of those players!In terms of my team in general,it is very attack heavy but that is more down to the fact that there are very few quality defenders in Anguilla so I am expecting some high scoring games this season.I also have a really interesting player in the team,G.Roach-Gumbs has an English flag next to his name in the team screenshot but he actually has a cap for Anguilla.I am happy with the business we have done over pre-season so now the challenge will be to try and keep them together as we could lose them pretty easily due to being an amateur club.

My ultimate aim for this seasons is to make it a one and done as I generally believe we have enough strength in depth to get a domestic clean sweep done,we are favourites to come top of the table which means we will go into the Champions Playoff and that will determine who wins the league so I don't even have to top the table and I can still win the league.The Knockout Cup and the Champions League come after the league section of the season is over and if we can keep all of our team together then I don't see why we can dominate this season.

Wow! 93 players :idiot:

Sounds like you’ve joined a police team.

I was wondering why a team coming 4th was the C team :eek:

18 hours ago, B.W.G said:

The league is a bit of a weird one,all teams player each other once and the top four go into a playoff to decide the league champions while the Champions League is a mini-league consisting of the top five teams and the winners get crowned the Champions League winners.

:ackter:

On 11/10/2021 at 08:53, Sonic Youth said:

Wow! 93 players :idiot:

Sounds like you’ve joined a police team.

I was wondering why a team coming 4th was the C team :eek:

:ackter:

It's bit of weird league but I like it as it makes things a bit more tricky and competitive.

Also we are actually a police team as the real name of the team is Police Enforcers FC :D :lol: 

January 2038

Fixture

49d64803b5a21299d7b6c8698c41b4c7.png

Table

0843a13810771d532662070baacbc45c.png

We had no issues in the first game of the season as we easily dispatched of Development (AIA) in our first game of the season,Ayala was the star of the show as he netted a hat-trick on his debut!

February brings us three league games and we will be facing Doc's Utd,Diamond (AIA) and Roaring Lions (AIA),the only thing I can hope for is that we can carry on from where left off but as long as we are in the top four positions then I will be more then happy as that is where we need to be once the nine games have been played.

February 2038

Fixtures

b3b3f7ec5c9b3d94a50877ce6e58e9d4.png

Table

c90788aa0acee1a4834c685e154c0b73.png

Results wise it looks really good on paper but performance wise it was a bit below par.We struggled to beat Doc's Utd and had to come from behind to beat Diamond's.The match against Roaring Lions was our best performance of the month and we really should of scored more but we squandered quite a few chances.Five games left to play and we are looking really good for a top four spot.

Just the one game in March and we will be facing Lymers,no matter what happens we will still be in the top four which is what I want but I would like to win the game just so it opens up a bigger gap at the top of the table.

March 2038

Fixtures

9a40a9eb4c4dab4e8d99f9c8d02a14b6.png

Table

d52caf8b638ed8d6735c1992d3d6aada.png

Just the one game was played during March and we have a quick start to thank for our victory over Lymers,it was actually a pretty close match but being 2-0 up after 14 minutes left us with a massive advantage and we used that as we managed to shut them out for the majority of the match.

Two more games in April and we will be facing Attackers and ALHCS Spartans,I think we are pretty much guaranteed a top four spot which is what I need but I'd rather keep our good form up as I don't want morale crashing down before we get into the Champions playoff stage.

Youth Intake Preview

f430b275fbbf72348514ad2a0df841ee.png

Overall it doesn't look like the upcoming intake will be any good but there should be three players to keep an eye out for and they are one centre-back and two wide midfielders. Hopefully the wide midfielders have the potential to be good as finding decent ones in Angulla is very frustrating.

April 2038

Fixtures

c2e91616061075afcd0429b3f7bfffb5.png

Table

51f3ee3c31107cf2cc86427249ca3c3d.png

Two games,two wins and it's a case of job done as we qualified for the Champions Playoff.Both games were completely different as we had a real battle against Attackers and I am extremely lucky that our attacking force was at it's best as both defences were terrible.The match against ALHCS Spartans saw them take an early lead but after that it was all one way traffic as we ended up destroying them.

Just the one game in May and we will be facing UPRISING,the result doesn't really matter now but I would love to keep a clean sheet as our defence hasn't been that great at times and have conceded stupid goals.

May 2038

Fixture

3d62ef7c1671aed0d3a494c767df1c3b.png

Table

315be8ad56d2fd2dae4693c552049fe7.png

No issues in the match against UPRISING as we easily beat them 3-1,we were dominant throughout the entire match although we did go into half-time at 1-1 which was a bit annoying as the goal was against the run of play.

Just one more game to play in June and that will be the end of the league section,for the final game of the league section we will actually be facing last years league champions Kicks Utd,I am pretty confident we can win this game as they have one of the worse defences in the league but I am also pretty confident that it will be a high scoring game so hopefully we will come out on top if that is to be the case.

June 2038

Fixture

6ad1e53fedaa8ac76129cca10bde8d26.png

League Table

9c17c6dfffbdb6726f47bb8a9f69587d.png

What a pathetic performance that was as no one deserves any credit from that game and to make me feel even worse,I only needed to win that game to set a new record for league wins!We need to improve a lot after that game if we are to win the Champions Playoff.

July will sees us play one or two games but that is dependant on progress.In the Champions Playoff Semi-final we will be playing Lymers and whoever wins that will face the winners of the UPRISING-Roaring Lions match.I am confident we can beat any of these teams but I will need the players to kick it up a gear after our recent defeat.

3 hours ago, deltablue said:

Enforcers and Uprising are slightly ominous team names :D

I love playing in the smaller nations with names like this just due to the names!

I'm pretty sure in my next country they have their own Aston Villa and West Ham so they aren't afraid to rip other teams off! :lol:  

1 hour ago, robertpeet27 said:

Are you using the same tactic at each club or changing it ad hoc based on your players? 

I usually have four tactics that I choose from, throughout this save I have used 4-3-2-1,4-2-3-1,4-3-3 and 4-2-4,I have at times used other tactics but I don't really like changing things too much as it causes loss of familiarity.

July 2038

Fixtures

25fbed372482c640f59d3049859941be.png

Table

234d6c3c782cc12a3934e50a982e44bf.png

July went as well as I could have hoped as we won the Champions Playoff to clinch the Senior Male League title.we won the game late on thanks to Rogers-Hodge but Lymers didn't actually score their second till injury time when it was already settled,the final saw us thrash UPRISING 3-0 and we controlled the entire match and I can say that it was a fair result.We have started the Champions League well as we pick up two wins from two,the game against Lymers was a bore fest which was settled early on as not a lot happened after we scored and we easily beat Roaring Lions in the second match.

Just the two games in August as we will be facing UPRISING and DIamond,four points from these two games will be enough to secure us the Champions League title.I am pretty confident we can beat both of these teams but we will still need to be careful and take it one game at a time.

August 2038

Fixtures

e45e0c2378a7b4e42364a073e1aa275d.png

Table

928d0efb644976eecb53f570cf5d8cd0.png

Two games and two wins made it the perfect Champions League campaign,this is actually only the second time this has happened with the first being Attackers (AIA) in 2035.Out of the two games,the match I think we performed better in was against UPRISING as we were dominant throughout the match and we were very unlucky not to score in the second half.We were sloppy in the game against Diamond and this was shown to be even more the case as we conceded literally a minute after going 2-0 up but we clinched it in the end after some shouting from the touchline.

September sees the Knockout Cup start and we will be facing Lymers at the quarter final stage,this is the only competition I have left to win so I will be going all out as per usual as I would love to get Anguilla done in one season.Hopefully we will get to face Kicks Utd at some point in the competition as I still want revenge over them for the league defeat.

September 2038

Fixtures

dfb83498abe7012414e454144616063f.png

Knock-out Cup Tree

20555ac12299ac267bf9c9487494cd03.png

Just like the Champions League,we performed better away from home then we did at home but despite this we still came out the winners of the competition which means Anguilla is now completed.We performed brilliantly in the wins over Lymers and Diamond but we wouldn't have made the final if it weren't for our second half turnaround against Roaring Lions,I generally though it was going to be one of those games where we just squandered chance after chance but eventually we got the ball back in the net twice to spare our blushes.I am however upset that I didn't get to face Kicks Utd as they are the only team to beat me in Anguilla and I don't like that!

End of Season update to follow then onto Antigua & Barbuda we go and it could be sooner than later as there is a job going in the third tier!

928a49e9ac7c89086bb6b2b80d6a5493.png

AFA Senior Male League - End of Season - 2038

Transfers - Released

I wasn't really left with much choice when it came to releasing players as we are an amateur side so making money from the players was impossible for us,in the end I released 71 players as we had far too many in the team to even be managable,of these 71 players there are only 27 of them who are still playing football!On the incoming side,I bought in seven players as I looked to strengthen the team enough to challenge for everything.

Fixtures 1 - 2

Competitions

Senior Male League - Winners

94fd8fb490591a769f48c984461ce201.png54d25ddfe884fca3b67266d07942755f.png

All we needed to do was finish in the top four to ensure we moved to the next stage of the league and we did so with relative ease as we won eight out of nine games to finish top,the only team who took points off us were Kicks Utd who beat us 2-0.The Champions Playoff was easier than it seemed,it shows a close match with Lymers but we were already 3-1 up when they pulled one back in injury time and we crushed UPRISING in the final to win the league title.

Champions League - Winners

32368bb420fde10f4a139d36a5be02a7.png

It was the perfect campaign as we won all four games to cinch the title,for the most part we played brilliantly but the only game where I was less impressed was in the match against Diamond as we narrowly won the game but we were sloppy at times.We now join Attackers (AIA) in being the only teams in this save to in all four games in the Champions League.

Knock-out Cup - Winners

9b344350ad3b18e4434893bdc6bf6282.png

We beat Lymers 2-0 in the quarter finals in which we put on an impressive show.The semi-final saw us way below par as we had to overturn a deficit to beat Roaring Lions,I was less than impressed with this performance and spent a lot of time in the second half shouting at the team.The final against Diamond saw another impressive display away from home,two goals in three minutes from 17 year old striker Gumbs-Lewis was enough to ensure we lifted the Knock-out Cup.

Players,Stats and Awards

Overall Best XI

StatsAwards - Best XI

4b832072a2316a140c1087437c0ed325.png

Javain Ayala

Girdon Tittle

L.Rogers-Hodge

Kevahn Jeffers

Manager's Thoughts

Well that was a quick and successful spell as we finished Anguilla in one season and I have to thank our midfield which contained Ayala,Tittle and Rogers-Hodge for doing the majority of the heavy lifting,my striking options with exception to 17 year old D.Gumbs-Lewis didn't really impress me and if I was staying then I would be looking to find a better option up front.I am really glad to have won all three competitions as being in Anguilla was annoying due to the massive teams and being amateur means we can't do anything from players leaving if they want in which we were lucky none did leave.There isn't any money in the country either so it would take many many years for us to even be able to upgrade anything so I can't even leave them in a better position than when I got here.

With Angulla done,we will be moving onto the next country which Antigua & Barbuda,this nation has four leagues across three tiers and no cups so it will be a case of winning the top two tiers and one of the third tiers.There is a job going in the third tier at the moment at a club called Young Warriors so it is just a case of waiting to see if I can get the job before moving on.

Career

Link - (For entire career)

8c65e67ea37741705d7b030a3bb4afe9.png