Perfection isn't a destination but a journey.

B.W.G

Perfection isn't a destination but a journey.

aa12c7fae720ed20f4cb0611b9624912.png

This save is inspired by @Makoto Nakamura perfectionist save from FM19 where he got to the year 2150!

The aim of the save is to win everything in one country before moving on to the next country,I also want to see if I can get further than 2150 in which the current world record for a single FM save is 333 seasons so as you can see this is a very long term project I want to undertake so the updating side of things will be pretty brief in which it will be pre-season,monthly and end of season updates while giving details of things such as league changes.

League Setup

9e6266707452013bc219c94a2c100bdb.png

I will only be keeping six nations loaded at a time to keep the processing speeds at a higher level.

The six nations loaded are Afghanistan,Albania,Algeria,American Samoa,Andorra and Angola.In these six nations there are fifteen league and nine cups to win,there will be some very short seasons as the Afghan Premier League only has eight teams which is split into two groups but others like Algeria have much longer seasons.

Time for the Ultimate Journeyman Career to begin!

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A is for Afghanistan!

ed785299649a4595ae8cf04f6949ab08.png

Not a lot to win in Afghanistan as it is just the league which itself is one of the shortest leagues in the game.

I do have a job lined up as well as I applied for jobs in Afghanistan and got one...

b02c2ed766574e4274cf4be42fc74d96.png

It's an amateur job so there are no wages or transfer budgets so there could be a high turnover when it comes to players.

Club Background

d2cb60fa332cffcbce3428d66b39e636.png

The Team

109e5c288050f2944c795ca251f74fa7.png

The team doesn't look too good as we apparently have very few players but then I have another 23 players in my u21's,of these twenty three players then I will be promoting seven of these players to the first team as they are better than some of my first team players.

The League

457e2fc8ad82b9946220b2395a79842e.png

The Afghan Premier League is split into two groups of four where you play each team once,if the teams have the same record then it is sorted on goals scored.The top two of the group go into the semi-finals,this will eventually lead to finding out who the league winners is in the playoff.

d49700be35ad46ab05383686c7c02d58.png

Oqaban Hindukosh - Roshan Afghan Premier League - Pre-Season 2020

Season Preview - Expectations

Transfers - Released

It was a busy pre-season as we bought in nine players,I did leave our Director of football as responsible for brining in players as well.My DoF bought in Qadami,Isoufi and Kouhyar while I bought in the rest of the six,our team is now pretty top heavy but my intention is to outscore the opposition as there isn't much in the way of quality in Afghanistan.I think my DoF has played a blinder with the signing of Qadami as he has been capped 25 times and scored 5 times for his country,he is now 35 but in terms of ability he is above a lot of the players.

Pre-Season Fixtures

0fec5cd1549a709a76bdd5f3d6ceaa71.png

Let's move on and pretend this never happened and I will now also claim that pre-season doesn't matter!

The Team

7f4d598c0122609c66d74811054bd07a.png9ffabf18eaf2f638ac08ca2c89665021.png

Mehmet Nadirpour

Javid Mirzad

Shepter Isoufi

A.Hosseini

A.Abdourazi

Manager's Thoughts

Welcome to the shortest league in the game as this season is a whole five games long at most,three in the group stages and two at most in the playoffs.The signings myself and the DoF have made have mainly been offensive players so my aim is to outscore the opposition as there isn't a lot of quality in defence which I can afford as any player under 18 and is at a club cost money which we don't have!The media have made us favourites this season but the only pressure we have on us is to make the playoff semi-final as that is what the board want from us and I think that is easily achievable from the team.I think whoever makes the best start will probably win the league due to it being such a short season.

There won't be any monthly updates as the season starts in September and ends in October.This is actually the real life set up...

3ea046c89af1d6dcea156fbf694bce15.png

See you at the end of the season.....in a month :D 

d49700be35ad46ab05383686c7c02d58.png

Oqaban Hindukosh - Roshan Afghan Premier League - End of Season - 2020

Transfers - Released

The transfers in was a combination effort between myself and the club's DoF,with there being a lack of defensive quality in the country,my transfer strategy was to get the best attackers possible and to outscore the opposition as I always tend to set my teams up to attack the opposition.

Fixtures

d79da1f1b16f3477b5baa03fa12e99e8.png

Competitions

Roshan Afghan Premier League - Winners

7ed2ab572043b37bcf3fe85fe5621e98.png

70f06c4ae79a0a12481a5a46875ac0b1.png

Players and Stats

75201db01f0baa72f8e94b8a7010b848.png

Javid Mirzad

Arrian Shayesteh

A.Abdourazi

Y.Qaume

B.Islam Amiri

Manager's Thoughts

It was a nice to quick competition to get this save started as we won the Afghan Premier League at the first attempt,we did however make work with it but my strategy of outscoring the opposition worked which was fantastic.The first two group games were fantastic but we were frustrating in the last group game as we made two stupid mistakes which led to goals and then we had our centre back sent off and they then made it three to add to the miserable matchday.We did get revenge on them in the semi-finals but we really should of done it inside 90 minutes instead of doing it in extra time,when we netted our second,there was only going to be one winner.The final was a fantastic match for the neutrals but not so much for me,we went 2-0 up before it was pulled back to 2-2.we then went 4-2 up and still managed to concede one more to make it a tense finish but we held on in the end.

With Afghanistan now done,the next destination is Albania.There are to jobs available in the lowest division so there is options for us to apply for.With us being at amateur club there will be no issues of compensation fees so I won't even have to resign as both teams with jobs available are also amateur so fingers crossed we can get one as there season doesn't start till 2021!

Career Stats - Link (For entire career)

c82e158c88dc3904852bc8ef48a41a14.png

Posted (edited)

Asian Confederation Cup

679d58c4bfc428e0fe1c10993c8ad35e.png

Quite a surprising run for us as I didn't expect to get past the first tie.We beat Regar on away goals despite being outplayed in both legs but that victory meant we got to the playoffs.We were no match for the Turkmenistan side but we only narrowly lost over two legs,the first match was pretty even but the second leg was all one way traffic as the best side won.

Still here in Afghanistan as I was too slow in applying for the jobs in Albania!

Edited by B.W.G

Posted (edited)

Goodbye Afghanistan.....Hello Albania!

51cc823a5da9349f668e2c5847dfa441.png

They have just been relegated to the lowest division in Albania so they qualify as they are in the lowest possible playable league!!

Competitions to win in Albania

f08bc8cd50743fc1d4027d534a60803c.png

League Changes

f9276e7a3229c33f503ee8a2b4c6cf20.png

Goodbye Afghanistan...Hello Anguilla.Anguilla will be our first North American nation so that will be a step into another continent for us!

Edited by B.W.G

b2fdb6b62ad3832248bb7ba6b3c8a193.png

FC Internacional Tirana - Kategoria E.Trete - Club Takeover - 2021

Club Background

5ade574f644df82cd755133805c12877.png

The Team

00616e8617cd4002e798e6ef867c8bcd.png

Last Position

3edc4c1c0fc962c2388f1c7bf5c7550a.png

Manager's Thoughts

It's bit of a weird one as the team actually looks very strong for this level so it was surprising they did as poor as they did last season but they got relegated even if they were only just relegated.I will need to strengthen in some areas as we need more strikers while we need another left back.My aim is to get out of the fourth tier at the first go and I think we are pretty much set up to do so.We are also a semi-professional club so we don't have the same problem as amateur sides so our player turnover won't be as big.Can't wait to get started in a nation with more leagues.

2 minutes ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

Great idea for a career thread. 

It is making me want to do this challenge myself now :D

I had an attempt in FM19 myself and I think I got to the late 2050's but I have a much better laptop this time around so I am aiming to go further :lol: 

Youth Intake Preview

f8b532d85e669f0f61a921b8ebb388ac.png

Seems to be a pretty good intake,a player in the MC role is always welcome and that combined with three attacking midfielders shows that is a very top heavy youth intake which isn't a bad thing and it also has the tag of "excellent group" so I am looking forward to this.

42 minutes ago, john1 said:

Good luck with this :D 

Thanks!

31 minutes ago, Rikulec said:

I'm curious to see how far you can get. :D Best of luck!

Thanks!

One country down,just another two hundred and something to go :lol: 

FC Internacional Tirana - Kategoria E.Trete - Pre-Season - 2021/22

Transfers - Released

One player left the club and that was Cela who left to join Delvina,he was unhappy after getting relegated and he wasn't going to sign a new contract anyway so off he went.Ten players came into the club,I am responsible for the first four signings and my DoF is responsible for the next six players,together we have built a pretty solid team for the upcoming season and all for the cost of £0 so I really can't complain at that.

Pre-Season Fixtures

285a34b0208a55762a780338d8906219.png

It may not look too good on paper but these friendlies were played seven months a go as the season doesn't start till February so it's pretty pointless talking about them as the squad is completely different from when these games were played.However I can say that I didn't lose to my reserve team this time!

The Team

99b0951cd99dad8394fa0916d97a1ba0.pngbcf9c2e4f9960b323e60da4d5474739b.png

Klaudio Rexhepi

Valentin Ibraimi

Ilir Selimi

Rene Uttin

Mirsad Berisha

Manager's Thoughts

With being in Albania,I will be able to move to other clubs as long as they are in the same tier as the club I am currently at but that is more for the future than it is this season.

That was the longest pre-season I think I have ever had,it has lasted from July and we are now in February so our pre-season friendlies are completely meaningless as the team is very different from then.Transfer business was productive and we are looking like we are the strongest team in the league so we should be able to live up to the media's expectation of finishing in first and gaining promotion.Despite the media being optimisitic,the board only want a top half finish so there is slightly less pressure on me but I need to win this title so I will be going all out for the title.For this season I will be going with a 4-2-3-1 as we have more suitable players for that formation and it did work in Afghanistan so I won't be changing too much going forward as it should work here as well.The only people I feel bad for this season are the ones who are betting on us to win the title,who in their right mind would bet £91 on us just to get £1 back!

Let's hope it's time to make some sort of impact in Albania this season!

February 2022

Fixtures

ea3bef2697b5df8f59d22db003db76e8.png

Table

69ab775242db30a00a1657e0275f6cbe.png

Two games and two wins so the perfect start but both matches were completely different.We easily destroyed Divjaka in the first game of the season but we very nearly blew a 3-0 lead againt Shkendija Tirane in the second game of the season.Two games down,ten left to play and we are top of the table so it's a case of so far so good.

We have three games in March where we will be facing Osumi,Maliqi and Selenica,it's a pretty tough month as we are facing off against the current 2nd and 3rd placed teams but if we can get through March unscathed then we will deserve the favourite tag for the title.Game of the month is definitely the match against Maliqi as this is a battle between two teams who are both odds on favourites to win the title so that in itself is a rarity as it isn't often you get two odds-on favourites in one league!

Posted (edited)

March 2022

Fixtures

5bf0fbb146dfde699b72c2cafe2c3af0.png

Table

79029a56d945892d74b463aa2d44e9d6.png

We continued our red hot form as we won all three games in March in convincing fashion,I am even including the 2-0 win as convincing as our left back Rexhepi was sent off and we still easily won the game.We then trounced two of the favourites and we had no issues in doing so.We now have a three point lead over our nearest challengers Shkendija Tirane but we do have a game in hand so we do have a slight advantage in the title race.

April brings us another four games and we will be facing Divjaka,Kinostudio,Shkendija Tirane and Osumi.If we can carry on this form then we should be top,if we beat Shkendija Tirane then that will essentially put them out of the title race and that would leave us on the verge of the title.I think Kinostudio could be a team to frustrate us as they are very good in defence but they are lacking in attack so the possibility of a draw is probably the highest in that fixture.I want to pick up at least nine points in April as that should keep us at the top.

Edited by B.W.G

Youth Intake 2022

cdd7cd6f305b7ffedb1d077348c60e53.png

Ilir Ramaj

Bledar Fetahi

Arber Pitaqaj

I don't know whether to laugh or cry at this intake,potential wise it looks very good for being at this level but I want to cry as our three best players from this intake are all natural in the AMC role so retraining will be a thing in the near future as they will either be retrained as a MC or a ST.

April 2022

Fixtures

c208bf691b7be6c4c090989b7e587c53.png

Table

358bc2955a1ab7c21e40b344632e6775.png

Well there is step one done as we have clinched promotion but I need the title to check it off as I want to win every competition in the country.It was a solid month overall as we picked up nine points but we probably should of picked up less as Kinostudio were the better side and we somehow beat them which was surprising.Defence has been really really solid this season and the fact that our 1-0 loss to Shkendija Tirane was just our 4th goal conceded this season shows that.Just three games left to play and one hand on the title,it's coming home!

We're heading into May which is the final month of the season and we will play three times,to finish the season off we will be facing Maliqi,Selenica and Kinostudio.Things are really simple,we win one of the three games during May and we are chamapions.Ideally I want to win it against Maliqi as they are the only side who can beat us to the title no matter how slim their chances actually are. 

May 2022

Fixtures

0ee44d0fc8ef90c1681b3a678b196bd9.png

Table

8bb5789fa6c0401d1cb7acc12cbc9f99.png

That's the title wrapped up,tier 3 here we come!We were the bane of all the promotion chasing sides during May,Maliqi could of got promoted,poor discipline cost them as they finished with 9 men against us,Slenica could of got promoted if things went their way but they also came up short as they also conceded five against us.The last game of the season was against Kinostudio,all the opposition had to do was beat us and they failed as they also conceded five goals.

Gosh...Ain't I a stinker :D 

End of Season update to follow then onto life in the third tier!

FC Internacional Tirana - Kategoria E.Trete - End of Season - 2021/22

Season Review

Transfers - Released

Just the one player left the club as he wanted to leave after the club was relegated,ideally I would of wanted to keep him but he was also in his last year of his contract so I let him go early due to him being unhappy.Ten players came in as I looked to build a squad who were capable of bouncing back into the third tier of Albanian football,as I mentioned before I signed the first four players while my DoF signed the next six but overall we built a solid team.

Fixtures

Competitions

Kategoria E.Trete - Winners

3921240cf87e3f687f4b878ee8127c7f.png

It was only a small league so not many games are played at this level.We ended up walking the league as we won it by fourteen points which is a phenomenal effort from the team as they bounced back from relegation last season.The one game where we dropped points was a 1-0 defeat to Shkendija Tirane so I can't really complain about that as they finished in second place which showed that they are the best of the rest.

Players,Stats and Awards

Overall Best XI

Accolades 1 - 2 - Best XI

5b185e442bdd38d5ba61aac650f4a150.png

F.Corradino

Rene Uttin

Dimos Maliaritis

Mirsad Berisha

Valentin Ibraimi

Manager's Thoughts

We really could not have asked for a better season as we went straight back up after the team's relegation so that is a case of one competition down and five more to go.Between myself and and the DoF we built a very solid team and we fully deserved promotion,the only downside is that our finances have taken a massive hit and we are currently £75k in the red so that is very bad for us but our sponsorship deal is up for renewal in August so I am hoping that we can have a bigger deal as our current one is £6k!Going to stick with the 4-2-3-1 in the upcoming seasons as the team is familiar with so there is no reason to change it.

For next season,I and the DoF need to make some more signings to help improve the team.The priority areas that need improving are GK,DC,MC and ST but I will also need to look at the AMR role but that is further down the list.I was thinking AMC would need improving but I will be moving Ilir Ramaj from the u19's to the first team as he is currently rated at 3* at 15 so he could play a massive part in the future.Next season will just be the league as the cup is for teams in the top two tiers so we know there won't be any distraction from other competitions,the boards aim is a top half finish and I think that is acceptable as that would help us give us at least a season to solidify in that tier before improving the team and possibly challenging at the top in the seasons after.Also from next season,I will be able to join any other team in the third tier as that is now the lowest level I've not won the league at  so that could be an option in the future but for now I will be remaining at Internacional Tirana.

Career - Link (For entire career)

fe90f019838e3f3ac46a85a2fae0639e.png

FC Internacional Tirana - Kategoria E.Dyte A - Pre-Season - 2022/23

Transfers - Released

just the two players released during pre-season,no complaints about either one going as they were not good enough for the team.No one has joined another club from us as of yet but that will change as a AMC will be leaving us when the transfer window reopens in December.It says two players joined us on loan when it's actually three players,all three will play some part of the first team as it was very hard to find players who would join us on a permanent deal and improve us massively.The number players who came in on a free transfer is also wrong,we actually bought in nine players instead of the seven it mentions.We weren't favourites for the league so the signings have made based on the next couple of seasons to give the players time to develop even if they're good enough for first team action now.

Pre-Season Fixtures

f14b727266235ebf8b2905aac42ff06d.png

I'd say it was a very good pre-season overall as I try to get things up to speed ahead of the new season.The match against Pirust gives me some idea what the team who are predicted to finish the bottom of our league are capable of so I am pretty confident.Even the loss to Luftetari was a good showing from our team as they are a second tier side so to lose by one goal is actually credible considering our match sharpness was pretty much non-existent.

The Team

fa9a0b60b30e0a6c2c80e08c5d5fcab0.pnge241df14813333da8e81ad3886fc6de0.png

Blerim Kastrati

Klejdi Elezi

Kevin Bohm

Ernst Monnard

Fabrizio Ingegneri

Manager's Thoughts

The pre-season was actually quite difficult for us as the better players I thought would be interested in us were not actually interested in us so I had to aim for slightly lower quality players.I also changed my transfer strategy slightly as I have gone for much younger players who can play some part this season but have plenty of room to develop,this is down to Kamza,the quality in their squad means this league to them is what the fourth tier was to us last season so I am expecting them to dominate quite easily,the only thing that could counteract that is if their manager can get the best out of them.The finances are even worse and we are £138k in debt so things are more than likely to get worse when it comes to finances,this means I haven't been able to increase the number of staff and we will be carrying on my time here without an assistant manager!

For this season the aim is a top half finish and I believe we can do that as that is the board's expectations while the media think we could finish as high as third place,if we can actually finish third then that will give us a solid foundation to build upon in the upcoming seasons.There still won't be any cup competitions this season as the biggest cup is for the teams in the top two tiers so I can't even use that as something to take seriously to help increase the income.Two things have also happened during the off season,one I am expecting to carry on happening and one which could happen,the one I am expecting to carry on happening is talk of a takeover as the messages in my inbox are becoming more frequent while one that could happen is that I carry on getting offers for interviews,we were offered an interview at a second tier side,obviously I said no as I takeover a team higher than the third tier as I want to win the league at this level.Let's see what the new season has to offer!

September 2022

Fixtures

cce7822ccc4593b019a00a649432091d.png

Table

dfe169b662dfdfcdd8e912a41fe5624b.png

A very solid start as we picked up four points from six,we easily beat Pirust who are favourites for relegation so I couldn't of asked for a better start while we gained a credible 3-3 draw against Sopoti,they are second favourites in the league and one of two teams who are predicted to finish than ourselves so to be 3-1 down and snatch a point from them is great.

October brings us five more games where we will be playing Memaliaj,Klosi,Luzi 2008,Gramshi and KF Bulqiza.It's still far too early in the season to make any sort of prediction at how we will do in these games so my aim is to be in the top six as that is a top half spot and that means the board's expectations will still be getting met.

October 2022

Fixtures

40ebd5a677707baa03729764e4ecc10e.png

Table

88af46e8832c7534f0b5a3aaa0fd3b85.png

What a month that was as we picked up a very impressive thirteen points in October as we won four and drew one game.Of the four games we won,we won three of them very convincingly and slightly beat Klosi in the other,that own goal was a bit of sucker punch as it came against the run of play but we held on to claim three points.The only game we dropped points in was the 2-2 draw against Luzi 2008,if I was the opposition then I would be embarrassed as we played with ten men for an hour and they couldn't even beat us,they couldn't even keep a lead against us as they blew the lead twice!We finish the month in second place and we are only a point behind but we also have a game in hand,if we win that then we can go top but it is very close between the top four and Kamza have two games in hand which is worrying for everyone else.

Four games in November and we will be facing Kamza,Mirdita,Spartaku Tirane and Ada.This isn't a bad set of fixtures for us as we could pick up points against Mirdita,Spartaku Tirane and Ada,I am not expecting anything in the match against Kamza as they are by far the strongest team in the league even if they haven't quite got into their stride as of yet,my aim is a top four spot come the end of November as that should keep things interesting at the top.

November 2022

Fixtures

adb3fc6fbd468770708b4a4f966d5007.png

Table

23697beab9b5110d665445e9dbaf7112.png

We won three of the four matches during November and that was enough to see us take top spot and we now have a small two point lead over Luzi 2008 who sit in second.Without a doubt the most surprising result was the 4-1 victory over Kamza,it was that surprising that the matchday review even called it a shock.We had no issues in the other two matches either as we controlled both games and had no issues in either match.The match against Spartaku Tirane was generally a surprise and it is the type of game where you have been "FM'd",we outshot them 22-5 and we still lost the match as we couldn't finish our chances,it was a very harsh defeat.

We're heading into December now and we will play three times in the final month of the year.We will be facing Shenkolli,Pirust and Sopoti as we start the return games.Shenkolli haven't been in the best of form so we should be able to beat both them and Pirust.Sopoti will be a difficult match as we are in similar form in the least five and if the first game was anything to go by then we could be in for a cracking game.Ideally we need to pick up seven points from these three games as that will keep us at the top of the table.

Youth Intake Preview

341d5aa920be56749eebf9449637378a.png

At first look it doesn't look to good as it is telling me not to expect much.I am hoping the attacking midfieider isn't just a natural at AMC but can play a different position as well.The one I will be keeping an eye on is the centre back as we are in desperate need for a new centre back but there isn't much in quality who is willing to join us that could improve the team so any from the youth team will be great.

Roll on April when I get to see the next batch of youngsters!

December 2022

Fixtures

c4031df947311c29fc858200d9c34024.png

Table

63c91d919af5a30a605f8ee6422b7e7d.png

Seven points from three games is a great return as it kept us at the top of the table and leaves us sitting two points ahead of Sopoti and Luzi 2008.Two solid performances saw wins against Shenkolli and Pirust.I hyped up the match against Sopoti after our first game against them this season and it failed to deliver as this was a very boring 0-0 affair.Ten games left to play now but there is still plenty of time for things to change.

Just the two games in January and we will be facing Memaliaj and Klosi,if we are to stay at the top then we will need to win both games as this is going to be a very close race between the top four.I also see no reason why we shouldn't win both games as both teams are quite leaky in defence.

January 2023

Fixtures

2435e82f659768fd4f27ca3eaceff363.png

Table

efdbdac34521773e1b76bde567e07069.png

We couldn't of asked for a better month as we won both the games which has seen us move five points clear at the top as we played our game in hand so we are now equal on games with Sopoti.That being said,Kamza are starting to look very dangerous after their ropey start so they could be a problem down the line.

Two more games in February and we will be playing Luzi 2008 and Gramshi.Luzi 2008 have dropped off a bit in the last couple of games and their morale has taken a hit so hopefully we can take advantage of the combination of those facts and win the match,the other games sees us play the bottom team and I don't think we will have any issues in that game and we will win it comfortably.

February 2023

Fixtures

6f592be655c2f02ad72a02c65b272191.png

Table

42342ffc22ba2d55816d78ab45541181.png

We did what we had to do and we won both games and maintained our five point lead at the top of the table but Kamza are matching us on the form so it's more than likely going to be close all the way to the last game.As for the games themselves,we had a hard fought win against Luzi 2008 who have fallen out of the race and we destroyed Gramshi so I am very happy with both the way both games went.

March sees us play another two games and we will be facing Kamza and KF Bulqiza.I don't really have to mention the Kamza match as that is the two best teams in the league who are both equal with each other in the form table,we beat Kamza last time out so they could be up for revenge so I am grateful that we are currently five points ahead just in case we lose.As for KF Bulqiza,they are quite leaky in defence so if we exploit that then we should win.My aim for March is three points at worse as that will be enough to see us keep top spot.

Posted (edited)

Interview offer from a top flight team!?

5b81956ec6e4d26096e294f3f050512e.png

This is a rather unusual off for an interview,they are a top flight side who are currently sitting in 3rd place.Usually the only interview offers I have had this season have been from teams in the second tier!

Obviously I won't be going for the job as I need to win the second tier first but it's just surprising to see.

Edited by B.W.G

March 2023

Fixtures

2c8c254919a0060e917c385213ff6198.png

Table

b5a6b8d7f2f086ce93c05d683244f4d8.png

What a fantastic month that as we won both games as we moved ten points clear at the top with four games left to play so it is a case of having one hand on the title.I was dreading the worse against Kamza after left back Agron Mile was sent off for two bookable offences,at that point the score was 1-1 do to win the game with ten men was phenomenal.No issues in the KF Bulqiza as we easily won 3-0,Elezi was unlucky not to have a hat-trick as he had one disallowed as well.

Two more games in April and we will be facing Mirdita and Spartaku Tirane.The scenario is very simple now,we win one game and we are the Champions and with facing off against 12th place,we should be able to do it.The match against Spartaku Tirane is more about revenge for me as they are the only team to beat me this season and that is my team talk sorted for the match.April will also see our youth intake but I am not holding my breath for having a good one as there was only two players worth mentioning so I'm just going to wait and see what will happen.

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Sonic Youth said:

Of to a good start in this challenge :thup:

We have some cracking databases in the letter A,the Austrian database I've got in this challenge is 10 tiers so there will certainly be some fun times ahead :lol: 

Edited by B.W.G

10 tiers in Austria :eek:

Hmm, what other nations begin with A? Argentina, Australia, Andorra, Austria, Armenia, Azerbaijan?

And then I keep wanting to add Alaska and Antartica :lol:

Edited by Sonic Youth
Country fix

7 minutes ago, Sonic Youth said:

10 tiers in Austria :eek:

Hmm, what other nations begin with A? Argentina, Australia, Andorra, Austria, Armenia, Azerbaijan?

And then I keep wanting to add Alaska and Antartica :lol:

I have already written down every nation I have a database for,here are the A's :lol: 

395f53ba1be6f4c7d50e17483a9fada2.png

Just 14 nations beginning with A :D 

Youth Intake 2023

b4eab3006fac426f193b850229a95080.png

There is now a divide between the best and worse of the intakes so it is slightly easier to distinguish on who to keep in the youth team.Unfortunately there isn't any real stand out players in the intake.The only player I would keep an eye on from this intake is Amarildo Peqini,Even if the PA is showing 5*,I don't think a lot of these players will reach the levels of players I currently have at the club.

April 2023

Fixtures

9e983b2ed7186ac5711828cee4a89a14.png

Table

90de4a0e5f0aed31a5e4cfd8c5ee0d2e.png

Back to back promotions as back to back Champions,you really could not get much better than that!We easily dismantled Mirdita in the first game of the month and it was that game that won us the title.The Sparaku Tirane game was a bit weird as literally nearly all the action was in the first half,the only thing to note in the second half was Sassi's penalty and other than that it was dull.

Just two more games in May and we will be facing Ada and Shenkolli,neither of these games actually matter now but I still want to leave this league winning both matches so I will be aiming to win them both.

May 2023

Fixtures

2689c3b2c988b6a0bb6bdc822240b8d1.png

Table

1bcca1269021e6f12618c83c2a75b2ad.png

What an end to the season that was as we won both games to finish the season off.We had no problems against Ada as we were in control for most of the match even if we went into half time at 1-1.I felt bad for Shenkolli as they were already 3-0 down when they were reduced to ten men and we then just added to their misery by scoring twice more late on.

End of Season update to follow then we say hello to life in the second tier!

FC Internacional Tirana - Kategoria E.Dyte A - End of Season - 2022/23

Season Review

Transfers - Released

Two players were released by the club and it wasn't any real loss as they were no longer good enough for the club.Just the one player left and that was De Jonghe,again it isn't a real loss as he wasn't getting any game time and with him being in his last year of the contract then it was a case of off you go.It says we loaned three players but we actually loaned four,they were to help fill in gaps in the first team I couldn't find any players for as we were lacking in some areas.Nine players joined us on a free transfer as I looked to strengthen the team to help us get at least a top half spot in our first season in the third tier.

Fixtures 1 - 2

Competitions

Kategoria E.Dyte A - Winners

d6dce54e962b6a7afeaebde2569febb7.png

Back to back promotions and bac to back title wins.We really could not have asked for a better seaason,it was generally a pretty close league up until March which is when we beat Kamza and just carried on winning after that.Quite surprising to see us do so well considering we didn't have the quality of either Sopoti or Kamza,we didn't exactly overachieve though as the media's prediction was always in the top four throughout the season.

Champions Playoff - Winners

f0ce04c9989718e41cab785cbc0eee2b.png

We slightly edged the match when it came to the stats so it was a deserved win and we had it wrapped up in the first half.It's lucky we did have it wrapped up in the first half as we took our foot off the gas in the second half as Partizani II won the second half!

Players,Stats and Awards

Overall Best XI

Accolades 1 - 2 - Best XI

88da4ee4688ace6bd2311320758a788f.png

Blerim Kastrati

Klejdi Elezi

Mirsad Berisha

Fabrizio Ingegneri

Muhamed Gjonaj

Manager's Thoughts

Everything went brilliantly on the pitch as we claimed a second straight title win as we moved convincingly into the second tier as we won our title by fifteen points.As you can see I have built a very young squad as I was looking to build for the future but with this second promotion,I may have to alter my transfer strategy a bit as I may need to get in  higher quality players if we are to stand a fighting chance of surviving so that would be a case of younger players with higher potential and older players with higher ability.Off the pitch is another story,the club is in debt and our current finances are £284k in the red so we are in a bit of trouble there but there isn't really a way for that to improve unless we can get a takeover which may help sort that out but the rumours are still ongoing about that and I don't see changing any time soon.

As for next season,I will be able to take a job from any second tier now as that is the level I will be at.If we are still with Internacional Tirana then expect a long hard season as the board's expectation is to finish in the relegation playoff spot,I think we need to make a lot of improvement if we are to even do that as there is quite a bit of difference in regards to quality between ourselves and the two relegation playoff teams this season.I'm not opposed to moving to another second tier as this is a journeyman save but I won't be actively looking for a new job,if I get an interview offer from a second tier team from this point on then I will go to the interview and we will see what happens.For now it is a case of building a team up for the new season so it will be quite a busy pre-season.

Career - Link (For entire career)

19860da3bf6644f54cf174212c828cad.png

The most interesting opportunity to date!

8aae1614e068a815a5b82d0a946ea183.png

c67e945e8fdde337a6d7bbbf267c3e52.png

This was impossible to say no to an interview with Kastrioti,they actually start the save in the top flight but were relegated in the same season.They have spent the last two seasons in the second tier but they seem to be a really good side.Despite finishing third in the league last season,they did make it all the way to the semi-finals of the Kupa E. Shqiperise last season.

As for the club itself,the facilities are much better and the junior coaching and youth recruitment are also much better.The stadium is also ten times the size of Internacional Tirana's stadium so that is would be a plus for us.I would have a transfer budget which is something I don't have at my current club while the wage budget is slightly smaller but I can adjust budgets as I tend to use the free transfer market as I can potentially make money from it.

It's been fun Internacional Tirana but Kastrioti are calling and there isn't a chance that I would be willing to turn this down.

c43749e06f47e2c5338324a3ffb00bb0.png

KS Kastrioti Krujë - Albanian First Category (Group A) - New Club - 2023/24

d23c88e632aaeebf2131c229c4e561cf.png

Club Background

6e02b1b5be350226c2350a6e37042a07.png

The Team

18b498643afc647713be2903d1379f28.png

Manager's Thoughts

Overall it is a pretty solid club with a decent team for the most part,the quality of the players is a lot higher than I have previously seen so these players are a step up from what I have had at Internacional Tirana.I will need to get in some players though,I will need players on both flanks for wingers and wing backs,the other area I need to look at is in the DC role as we are very light when it comes to defence.We have about two months before the league campaign starts so I do have plenty of time to get new players,I may also look to see if I can off load some of the midfield players as there is potential money to be made from possible sales.Strikers I am absolutely fine with as I usually use one up to so having three is perfectly fine.

There is a bit of pressure on us as the media are predicting us as first and the board want me to get promoted by winning the league...challenge accepted!

c43749e06f47e2c5338324a3ffb00bb0.png

KS Kastrioti Krujë - Albanian First Category (Group A) - Pre-Season - 2023/24

Transfers - Released

Quite a bit of going on when it came to transfers during pre-season.First up we has six players leave us on loan,these are for development whether they will be staying at the club isn't confirmed yet and I may sell them when they come back.Two players left the club for a combined fee of £51k,Spahija was sold over my head by the board while Fejzaj was transfer listed,not really bothered about Fejzaj leaving but I was annoyed as Spahija looked like he had a lot of potential.Two players came in on loan as I needed a better DC option while the second was to cover the DL role as there were no good options.For permanent transfers,nine players came in for a combined fee of £9k,most of them were defenders but we did get in a new gk,a couple of wingers and a MC to help improve the squad strength.

Pre-Season Fixtures

31b153d831d3b84829edd5a5c5ecef6b.png

It was a pretty good showing during pre-season so I am optimistic about the upcoming season.These friendlies were to help get the match sharpness back into the players as I don't want to have a slow start to the season as that could be costly.I will be going with the same 4-2-3-1 I used at Internacional Tirana as it was a success there and I want to see if it will be a success here.

The Team

efafdabaa7d8410ee759cbff283341bc.png95116eda460c649abb60aef0ad054828.png

Erazem Zajc

Abaz Karakaci

Aboubacar Barro

Ardit Deliu

K.Dramoli

Manager's Thoughts

New club,new things to aim for and a busy pre-season as usual.For the first time this save we have made a net profit on transfers and as this is me,that doesn''t usually happen so don't expect it to in the future!I think we did alright in regards to transfers as we have strengthened most positions,the biggest problem are was left back and I just bought in someone on loan to act as a squad player as there was very little on offer for DL's,even my DoF couldn't find any suitable targets.The finances are not great as we are in the red but only by £54k and I am expecting our debt to go up as barely anyone has any money in Albania.I think we are still overloaded on players who can play the MC role so I may look and see if it's possible to move on one or two players just to free up some more wage budget as well as bring in some money into the club.

As for the aims of this season,we are odds on favourites to win the league so that is what I need to aim for this season and I think it is definitely doable as we have one of the strongest teams in the league.As for the Cup,the board only want us to reach the second round and that is pretty easy on paper as we are facing Kamza in the first round,it's a two legged affair but I am confident we can win both games and progress.I will be going into the season using a 4-2-3-1 as it seemed to be the perfect formation for this season after our performances in the pre-season friendlies.Time to get this show on the road and carry on improving my reputation!

September 2023

Fixtures

1006ca1d5baccfc9e6f68b2e83957a27.png

Table

a9a903dae6aab4e376314f398ad9dd1d.png

It's been a fantastic start if you take into consideration that our team cohesion is rated at average so things can only get better from this point.The games themselves were not too bad as we won all three matches but we do have a game in hand on Korabi so it isn't a complete disaster that we are in second as we have a 100% record.Our right winger Abaz Karakaci has been the stand out star of the month with one goal and two assist during the month.

Four games in October,three in the league and one in the cup.In the league we are facing Korabi,Terbuni and Egnatia,the match against Korabi could be a real morale booster if we can win that as we would take top spot if we win that match,the other two games will see us face two of the bottom three so I am expecting wins in those games.Our cup match sees us play the first leg of the first round against Kamza,I beat them twice last season with a much weaker team so we should be able to win this game and take a lead into the second leg.

October 2023

Fixtures

afdca5298a2116adbe2104ecd0afc163.png

Table

497228e3be81bae0ed84074d70b7d8b5.png

The fantastic start to the season continues as we won every game during the month.The game against Korabi was more for the neutrals as it was very back and forth but we went and secured victory late on after two goals in the last 16 minutes,we had no problems in the games against Terbuni and Egnatia so everything went well there.We beat Kamza in the first round first leg of the cup but I can't say I was overly thrilled with the way we defended against an inferior opposition as both of Kamza's goals came through sloppy defending but we do have a three goal lead going into the second leg and that is the most important thing.

Three more games in November,two in the league and one in the cup.We kick the month of with the second leg of the cup against Kamza,we currently have a 5-2 lead over them and I am confident we can put it to bed early on and progress to the next stage.The two league games we have in November are against Burreli and Erzeni,this is actually a tough fixture list as both teams are very solid outfits and Burreli are actually second favourites for the title behind us so we do have to be at our best if we are to get a win.My aim for the month is to be at the top of the league and four points should be enough to see that happen.

November 2023

Fixtures

bc895f23d2ef61de3bd093fbad8debcd.png

Table

0f9a422933d71c3d2d024ab1e07408ae.png

We kicked the month off with the cup match against Kamza,once again we were unconvincing against them but we came out with a 3-2 win which gave us a 8-4 aggregate win,annoyingly we had to come back from 1-0 down in this game so I was definitely less than impressed.In the league we picked up four points,the win against Erzeni was a solid performance while I wanted to throttle my attackers in the 0-0 against Burreli as we failed to beat ten men!Great to see we still have a three point lead at the top and we have a game in hand so we do have a slight advantage going forward.

December brings us five more games and we will be playing Beselidhja,Iliria,Besa,Korabi and Terbuni.On paper we should be able to pick up quite a few points as we are playing the bottom three sides in the league and all three are in quite bad form at the moment so we could take advantage of poor morale and beat them.Terbuni are around the middle of the pack,their defence is quite leaky,if we exploit that then I don't see why we can't win.Korabi is definitely the hardest game of the month but they have just lost a match so it will be interesting to see how they bounce back from that.My aim is to pick up eleven points as that should be enough to see us stay at the top.

Youth Intake Preview

de1f88fbf40f0dfebaeb78d67b24f4fb.png

Well at least I have some full backs to look at,other then that there isn't anything to look forward to in the the next intake.Disappointing!