Managing League 2 - is it worth adding the leagues below Vanaram South/North for player progression?

Hi guys,

I'm managing a League 2 club (Colchester) & just noticed that my affiliate club are greyed out & inactive. Am I right in thinking that this makes them pretty much useless as a feeder club? If I send players out on loan to them, they won't actually play & progress as the club have no schedule & so won't play any competitive games?

Similarly, a  club in the Isthmian League made a loan offer for one of my 18 year olds who needs first team football. Despite them promising that he'll be a 'regular starter', he won't actually play will he?

So it would be wise for me to use a custom database & add those leagues?

Thanks!

53 minutes ago, herne79 said:

There can still be progression however you may tend to see better results with leagues that are loaded.

Thanks Herne! Loading those lower leagues would also help me potentially find & sign (steal) the odd gem for the future wouldn’t it? Am I correct in thinking that I can’t sign players from inactive leagues? Thanks

2 hours ago, smeagoltonez said:

Hi guys,

I'm managing a League 2 club (Colchester) & just noticed that my affiliate club are greyed out & inactive. Am I right in thinking that this makes them pretty much useless as a feeder club? If I send players out on loan to them, they won't actually play & progress as the club have no schedule & so won't play any competitive games?

Similarly, a  club in the Isthmian League made a loan offer for one of my 18 year olds who needs first team football. Despite them promising that he'll be a 'regular starter', he won't actually play will he?

So it would be wise for me to use a custom database & add those leagues?

Thanks!

From my experience, players still develop very well even if they are loaned to a team in a league that isn't loaded.

Clubs that are in unloaded leagues still play league and cup matches. The only difference is, the matches in unloaded leagues are simulated using the quick match engine (Please, someone correct me if I am wrong). All that matters is that the player should be:

1. Loaned to a team in a league that is equal or greater than his current level(you can check is report card to know the division he is currently operating at).

2. Loaned to a team with good training facilities.

3. Loaned to a team that will start him regularly.

Just now, obasa_G said:

From my experience, players still develop very well even if they are loaned to a team in a league that isn't loaded.

Clubs that are in unloaded leagues still play league and cup matches. The only difference is, the matches in unloaded leagues are simulated using the quick match engine (Please, someone correct me if I am wrong). All that matters is that the player should be:

1. Loaned to a team in a league that is equal or greater than his current level(you can check is report card to know the division he is currently operating at).

2. Loaned to a team with good training facilities.

3. Loaned to a team that will start him regularly.

Thank you for your great reply. As I'm managing in the lower leagues, usually only requirements 1 & 3 are possible. I think poor training facilities probably still beats sitting on the bench for me once the player reaches the age of 18? Especially considering my facilities aren't much better!

Being blunt, it actually doesnt matter that much. You want to escape League 2+1 as fast as possible and get at least established in the championship. At which point you want new affiliates because Vanara clubs have poor facilities for loaning out