Looking for a Major League Soccer mentor

Hello,

I'll be honest, I'm interested in doing a Major League Soccer save - it's a Nation / League I often add in my Jourtneymen saves and then, when the opportunity arises to apply for a job in the MLS, I always get scared off by how complex and complicated the rules seem - some of them, I don't even understand when I'm reading them, let alone know how to interpret and apply them.

So, in a nutshell, I'm looking for someone who'd be willing to mentor me through a MLS save and help me understand things as I go.

Please let me know if you're interested...

Many thanks.

zzzz_Adventure_Stuniverse8.png.2680201dbe20f90281c282151ce6c7f3.png

Stuniverse

Edited by Stuniverse

I'm trying to get a MLS save started, definitely some small issues I can't figure out, so I'm not a mentor for you, but following along and trying to learn as well.

Right now I'm trying to register my squad and have several players who show up as "Out" but I cannot figure out why?  Mostly younger guys, but on full time contracts with my club?

Second, anyone know how to use TAM funds?

1 hour ago, Brother Ben said:

Bit off topic but how did you end up supporting Lewes?

one of my buddies randomly picked them in FM back in 09 or 10 and just fell in love. He later researched them and found out that he could join as an "owner". He told me about it years later and I did my own research and fell in love. Love the crest, kits, colors, stadium grounds, and what they stand for. I can't wait for the day that they make it back in the VNS so I can play as them properly

14 minutes ago, jcp1417 said:

one of my buddies randomly picked them in FM back in 09 or 10 and just fell in love. He later researched them and found out that he could join as an "owner". He told me about it years later and I did my own research and fell in love. Love the crest, kits, colors, stadium grounds, and what they stand for. I can't wait for the day that they make it back in the VNS so I can play as them properly

That's fantastic, i've got a similar story with Stalybridge Celtic which I picked at random in Premier Manager (1992) because the game made you start in the bottom division.  Fast forward nearly 30 years and i'm still a massive fan and they are my go to club for a first save on every version and have them to thank for my LLM obsession.

I've never been there although I live in South Wales which is an awful lot closer than yourself assuming you live stateside but i'll definitely make it to a game one day.  Like Lewes though they are in tier 7 now just outside the 6 tiers that the game comes with out of the box so I always find myself holidaying the first season and reloading until they are promoted.  Took a good 30 or so attempts this time round but was worth it despite getting relegated and sacked before Christmas  :D.  You should be able to do a similar thing with Lewes I should think depending on their in-game reputation

Edited by Brother Ben

18 minutes ago, Brother Ben said:

That's fantastic, i've got a similar story with Stalybridge Celtic which I picked at random in Premier Manager (1992) because the game made you start in the bottom division.  Fast forward nearly 30 years and i'm still a massive fan and they are my go to club for a first save on every version and have them to thank for my LLM obsession.

I've never been there although I live in South Wales which is an awful lot closer than yourself assuming you live stateside but i'll definitely make it to a game one day.  Like Lewes though they are in tier 7 now just outside the 6 tiers that the game comes with out of the box so I always find myself holidaying the first season and reloading until they are promoted.  Took a good 30 or so attempts this time round but was worth it despite getting relegated and sacked before Christmas  :D.  You should be able to do a similar thing with Lewes I should think depending on their in-game reputation

awesome! I do live in the US, but we visited England in 2015, just before learning about Lewes. We did make it to Craven Cottage for an FA Cup match against Sunderland! Fulham lost but they still hold a special place in my heart.

I've tried holidaying the first year to get Lewes promoted but every time I reload, the same teams get moved up.  How long before the season resets should I sim to in order to refresh the promoted teams?

3 minutes ago, jcp1417 said:

awesome! I do live in the US, but we visited England in 2015, just before learning about Lewes. We did make it to Craven Cottage for an FA Cup match against Sunderland! Fulham lost but they still hold a special place in my heart.

I've tried holidaying the first year to get Lewes promoted but every time I reload, the same teams get moved up.  How long before the season resets should I sim to in order to refresh the promoted teams?

Holiday until 18th June then holiday for a week until the 25th

It's the method they use for the Dafuge challenge -

https://community.sigames.com/forums/topic/532770-dafuges-fm21-challenge/?do=findComment&comment=12736175

and someone managed them using that method so at least you know it is possible -

https://community.sigames.com/forums/topic/532770-dafuges-fm21-challenge/?do=findComment&comment=13190529

I played MLS a few times, and it's sufferable. IRL, the byzantine rules were designed by a business cartel to make money. They were intended to make "soccer" a watchable TV entertainment, where good clubs can never get stellar and bad clubs are never really punished (so that investors can reduce their risk). But the league turned out to be so artificial and boring that it can barely break even...