How we're introducing women's football into Football Manager

The resources questions, like with most questions, are answered in the first post, but at the end of they day, they will allocate resources as they see fit, which has always been the case.

A lot of this discussion seems to fall back into whether it should happen, ignoring the fact it's already happening. And ultimately they will design to be a seamless part of the game, like the rest of the game is designed

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

23 hours ago, -Jef- said:

Juuuuuuuuuuuuuuuust gonna post this here...

Translated

More attendance than most of top flights in europe

Just to note that this sometimes happens in women's football in England but the average attendances for the league as a whole are rarely at this level (in England it is currently around 1,000 despite a few larger one-offs like this example).

Not that this precludes SI incorporating it into FM of course.

5 minutes ago, Crispypaul said:

Just to note that this sometimes happens in women's football in England but the average attendances for the league as a whole are rarely at this level (in England it is currently around 1,000 despite a few larger one-offs like this example).

Not that this precludes SI incorporating it into FM of course.

You are free to check average attendance of first tier football in the country that produced 2018 ballon d'or and is current world vice champion. 3k on average and if you exclude Hajduk cos they are outlier at 13k it is 1.8k on average with almost 50% of teams averaging under 1000 people in the stands. It has been much much worse in the past with Dinamo games getting 700-800 viewers some games.

Edited by -Jef-

• Neil Brock featured and unpinned this topic
  • 5 weeks later...

I love this, football is for all so the more of the football Universe we can get in FM the better.

Also as the Researcher for Wycombe Wanderers men team I would also love to help put with the women's team in the future  

On 24/07/2021 at 13:07, Bababui said:

As usual Miles isnt doing much more than virtue signalling here. The way the current FM is structured, solo play and a long tern commitment of time, is heavily weighted to male gaming. According to this study https://www.radford.edu/~mzorrilla2/thesis/differencesinplay.html women prefer games with '.. rich social interactions in computer games.' He hasnt spoken of any changes to the game that will make it more attractive to women. One thing SI could do is create a multiplayer mode with online leagues that might be more attractive to women and the way they prefer to game.

As a woman who has played FM since 2007 I'm rather excited for this. Not that I don't enjoy playing my beloved Derby County but to have womens football will be great. 

On 24/07/2021 at 13:07, Bababui said:

19 minutes ago, Toshevbgg said:

There are couple of leagues in Europe with abysmal level of talent. I dont think they even do transfers?

Nonsense. Transfers happen regularly in the women's game.

I just think the level of woman football and etc is soo low and undeveloped thats ita  total waste of time to implent it because it it LACKS In real life let a lone game

I'd be interested to know what your quality threshold is for the men's leagues in order for them to be allowed in FM. Should SI get rid of the Gibraltar league? Indian? Canada? etc.

I mean I am a football fan and I konw 1 woman player and thats Rapinoe and not for her skills but for her off the field antics? Maybe I can name another one in USA national team but even if you give me a million bucks I cant tell a single EUROPEAN player 

Only knowing 1 women's player says more about you than the reputation of the women's game.

I mean attributes in vanarama is abysmal for all players and I am sure VAnarama teams will destroy USA national woman team?  So what attributes will those players have? How will they be judged?  Cuz it will be funny to see Woman wingers with 20 pace 18 long shots doing hard tackles and their GKS making leaping saves runing like madmans and making two footed tackeles. I am up for Equality but make it a realistic one give Rapinoe 5 long shots 6 pace and 5 passing . Do not make her a world beater like messi just to tick some boxes 

The attributes will be relative to the women's game. The fastest player(s) in the women's game will have 20 for pace. The active players from the men and women's game will never cross over in FM.

For someone that has no interest in playing FM as a manager of a women's team, you seem very concerned about the attributes that will be given to the female players :confused:

Edited by grff

• 2 years later...
5 hours ago, asdfasdfsdfsaddt said:

I will never play women's football in FM and I wish the resources spent on this feature were spent elsewhere.

Just because you won't doesn't mean others wont either . Would be nice to know how many Women play FM ? I have come across a few on this forum . 

Edited by alian62

I'm all for it. Although I am curious to see how they will be able to differentiate between women's and men's from visual perspective. I often feel they aren't able to do that effectively through the divisions currently. We'll see. 

13 hours ago, alian62 said:

Just because you won't doesn't mean others wont either . Would be nice to know how many Women play FM ? I have come across a few on this forum . 

I didn't speak for others, I spoke for myself. Others are free to speak for themselves.

4 hours ago, asdfasdfsdfsaddt said:

I didn't speak for others, I spoke for myself. Others are free to speak for themselves.

Technically you did by saying resources should be used elsewhere . 

On 23/01/2024 at 08:21, asdfasdfsdfsaddt said:

I will never play women's football in FM and I wish the resources spent on this feature were spent elsewhere.

I will probably never manage a Brazilian club in FM. Should I begrudge those who do?

Personally I find the entire English League system completely tedious, and I'm absolutely seething that we continue to plough endless resources into researching those players.  Development time should be spent letting your manager buy miniature ponies and paint your massive house instead.

Well... Can any other users who feel they have something to add here, please reread the thread? I fell we are starting to go around the same topics that have been debated earlier in the thread. Unless you have something new to add to this, please don't, just don't.

13 hours ago, XaW said:

Well... Can any other users who feel they have something to add here, please reread the thread? I fell we are starting to go around the same topics that have been debated earlier in the thread. Unless you have something new to add to this, please don't, just don't.

Curious if you know the female dynamic on this forum ? I'm sure there are many who play the game and Women's Football , like Football itself , will only become more popular . It's a good move to have it included I think as it should be . I gather it will be part of a club as a whole rather than a separate entity . 

7 hours ago, alian62 said:

Curious if you know the female dynamic on this forum ? I'm sure there are many who play the game and Women's Football , like Football itself , will only become more popular . It's a good move to have it included I think as it should be . I gather it will be part of a club as a whole rather than a separate entity . 

I don't know, but perhaps the admins at SI do. Most women I know tend to try to not flaunt that they are women on the internet due to a massive amount of creeps (this thread would be an example of it, if we hadn't moderated it). I will play the women's leagues, but I don't know if I will like it or not, but as I've said before, I really dislike the MLS too because of the rules there, so I don't play it. I do think it will be good for the game overall though, as the last women's world cups I've watched are massively above what it used to be back in the day, quality wise. I'm saying this as I saw and cheered when Norway won the women's world cup back in 95, but the quality of the worst teams now are far above it. So I think it will continue to grow in the future.

On 25/01/2024 at 00:11, alian62 said:

Yeah its going to be all one gameworld. So as long as you have those leagues running, you could manage a women's team, then a men's or vice-versa in the same save - just as if you were moving from Italy to Portugese club management in any version of FM.

47 minutes ago, Lord Rowell said:

Yeah its going to be all one gameworld. So as long as you have those leagues running, you could manage a women's team, then a men's or vice-versa in the same save - just as if you were moving from Italy to Portugese club management in any version of FM.

I hope not, id prefer it to be two separate games as I wouldn't want my save to be slowed down by woman's teams/leagues in the game as I have no interest in playing those leagues. Unless there is a way of de-selecting them? 

3 minutes ago, John Joe O'toole said:

I hope not, id prefer it to be two separate games as I wouldn't want my save to be slowed down by woman's teams/leagues in the game as I have no interest in playing those leagues. Unless there is a way of de-selecting them? 

I would expect the league selection to work as it does now, but instead of selecting England and the leagues within the country you want active, you will now select England (men) or England (women) and the corresponding leagues to be active in your save. But that would obviously sit within one database so you can mix and match countries and leagues as you see fit.

1 hour ago, John Joe O'toole said:

I would think they would work as their own leagues, so you can add and remove like any other league.

1 minute ago, XaW said:

I would think they would work as their own leagues, so you can add and remove like any other league.

That's exactly right.

So if you want women's only gameworld, or men's just select those relevant leagues.

I'd presume as well that if you want to add / remove leagues during the save, you could do so in the normal manner.