I've been playing FM for many years, but so far I have never tried a career in Asia. I played in Europe (of course), South America, North America, Africa ... but not in Asia. However, I had the opportunity to read on this forum about some exceptional careers that have taken place in this region of the world. Unfortunately, I'm not a good FM player, but that can't stop me from trying such a career. What are the objectives of this career ? As I said, I'm not a good FM player, so I only aim to play as much as possible and have some fun. Will I happen to win a competition ? Great ! Will I not achieve anything and, moreover, I'll be fired ? No problem, I'll look for another club and I'll try again.

In terms of football, Asia "means" 47 countries, regions or territories. However, two of these territories (Guam and Northern Mariana Islands) are at a great distance, over 2000 kilometers (1250 miles) from the nearest Asian country, which is why I gave up selecting them. I also gave up selecting Yemen because in this country the national football league has not taken place in the last 6 years. So, I selected only 44 of the 47 possible options :

V6X7hhn.jpg

qIB9xMr.jpg

So, 44 nations and 79 leagues. Quite a lot, especially because these are custom files and it is possible that such a large number of leagues will become difficult to manipulate for FM after a few years. However, I checked: I loaded all 44 nations and, in a test save, I played (on holiday) until January 1, 2027. There were no crashes or bugs, all the competitions worked very well. However, in order not to have troubles, after 8-10 years of career probably I'll begin to deactivate some of the less important leagues.

Such a large number of leagues can be difficult to handle not only for the game but even for me. One of the reasons is related to the name of these leagues. There are cases in which the second league is called "premier league" or "first league", which can be confusing. For this reason I changed this names according to the following format: "(nation name, league level), league name", which helps me to differentiate between the first league and the second league. One more thing: I selected only the first league and the second league for each nation. I don't need the lower leagues because I don't intend to play with one club, but with as many clubs from different countries as possible.

List of leagues in the Asian database

Even so, the database seems to be difficult to use. Too many leagues, too many clubs. For this reason, I will introduce some rules :

- I'll begin my career having a minimum reputation ("sunday league player") and without any coaching qualification.

- Based on the reputation of each league, I grouped the leagues into 7 categories ("levels") and I decided that at the beginning of my career I can be hired only by a "level 1" club (so a club that plays in a "level 1" league).

- When I'll leave the first club (whether I resign or I'm fired) I'll be able to play with a "level 1" or "level 2" club (so a club that plays in a league having "level 1" or "level 2")

- After 3 years of career I'll have permission to play at a higher level, meaning I'll be able to play with a club / in a league having at most level 3.
- After 6 years of career I'll have permission to play with a club in a league having at most level 4.
- After 9 years of career I'll have permission to play with a club / in a league having at most level 5.
- After 12 years of career I'll have permission to play with a club / in a league having at most level 6.
- I'm not allow to play with a level 7 club.

wnhNbns.jpg

So my first club will have to be a level 1 club, so in other words, it will have to be a 2nd league club in Tajikistan, Myanmar, Cambodia, Mongolia or East Timor.

I started my career in December 2019 :

y1oVJJo.jpg

However, in December 2019 almost all clubs in the 5 "allowed" leagues did not have managers. I could have applied to about 80 clubs. Way too many. The game need some time to "hire" managers for the more than 1,000 clubs in the database. So, I decided to wait, that is, to go on vacation until January 1, 2021.

EHv01TM.jpg

Lol, I'm a slightly better manager now, and that's without doing anything specific. Some of my attributes increased just because I was on holiday. It seems like a very interesting method to improve my professional skills, but still, I don't think I'll propose it to my real life boss ...

I was wanting to get hired as soon as possible, which is why I immediately applied to all clubs available in leagues in which the season will start in the next 2-3 months (Myanmar 2, Cambodia 2 and East Timor 2) :

zut0tcY.jpg

I was immediately offered an interview, I introduced myself, we talked ... and I was hired :

QbisSRw.jpg

So, the 2nd league in East Timor. The league with the lowest possible reputation.

Some details about East Timor. It is a country in Southeast Asia, somewhere north of Australia. As size, it's very similar to Northern Ireland (15,000 km2, 1.8 million inhabitants). There are two official languages: Portuguese and a local language, called Tetum (which was strongly influenced by Portuguese). As a consequence, players' names are similar with many usual Portuguese names, which is a bit surprising in a country located, however, on the other side of the world. The capital of the country is called Dili and, at national level, it's a very important city ... at least from the point of view of football, most of the clubs in East Timor being located in Dili or in the neighboring localities.

East Timor map - regional

East Timor map - national

Football in East Timor. The competitional level is - of course - very low. There are no professional clubs, the national champion being a semi-pro club. Almost all clubs in the 2nd league (including "my" club, FC Nagarjo Dili) are amateur clubs. International performance? Does not exist. In fact, East Timor represents for Asian football what Andorra or Gibraltar represents for European football.

The Portuguese influence is obvious. There are clubs called "Boavista", "Benfica", "Academica" ... and even "FC Porto". My club, FC Nagarjo, is (in terms of reputation) the 15th club in the country, which, of course, does not mean much. In the 2020 season Nagarjo managed to position in 3rd place in the 2nd league table, which means that there is some potential, at least to try for a possible promotion.

675r0P6.jpg

s6cEMoW.jpg

eokaRDX.jpg

ZyR3BDC.jpg

BW8bqwG.jpg

As I said, FC Nagarjo is an amateur club. It doesn't have its own stadium and plays on the municipal stadium in Dili, a stadium used by 9 other clubs (!!!). Club's facilities are, of course, extremely limited.

Club's finances? It's an amateur club, so expenses (and income) are extremely low. Basically, this aspect can be ignored.

jwaNDdt.jpg

The board would be satisfied with a position in the first half of the table. Personally, I would be satisfied with just a little more than that.

vCtWcT7.jpg

In media prediction we're practically considered a mid-table team. We'll see ...

ipDjpVT.jpg

Rules. We can bring in a maximum of 3 foreign players ... but it's hard to believe that "our great financial strength" could attract even one. A maximum of 27 players can be registered (why 27 and not 30 ? Or 25 ?). But the most unpleasant aspect is related to the very small number of games. The championship will end after only 11 rounds, so there will be quite long periods in which we'll not play any official match.

EA59mZ4.jpg

44w0u50.jpg

As for the backroom staff ... we have. All its members are amateurs (including me, of course). But, in fact, we have everything I need. Assistant manager ... I have. HOYD ... we have. Goalkeeping coach, fitness coach, physio, scout ... we have. I dont't need more ... for now.

FkKQe16.jpg

We can register up to 27 players. In the senior squad we have 23, but about 7-8 of them seem (at first sight) not to deserve a place in the squad. In the under21 squad we have at least 5 pretty good youngsters ... but they are not enough to strenghten the first team. I will try to bring some players, although I do not imagine I'll find very good players willing to come to us. In any case, the very low level of the league suggests me to pay attention to physical abilities as they are the most important at this level. Also I will not ignore some important mental aspects (and first of all determination and workrate).

IPfuAPj.jpg

NW5mu5r.jpg

uwZ6aGa.jpg

kvbjG33.jpg

Low team cohesion. It's good that it's just that. I hope it can be solved quickly with some friendly matches and specific training.

SEHPg6c.jpg

The league will start in March and end in July. There will be a two-month break, then the cup games will begin. The cup will end in November, after which another break will follow until March 2022. Of course, no one guarantees that I won't be fired in the meantime, but if I somehow keep my job ... I already have a problem. The season is way too short, and a newbie manager wants as more games as possible. So, if I am not fired, I'll probably look for another club at the end of the league, regardless of whether the performances achieved with FC Nagarjo would be good enough or not.

Thanks. Only two of them (Jorje Alves and Marcos Gusmao) are real players. In fact, most East Timor clubs have only 1, 2 or 3 real players. Only the strongest 3 clubs (Boavista, Assalam and Lanelok United) have 15 or more real players in their squads.

February (and early March)  2021

Youth intake preview.

For now, this review it's a irrelevant. After all, who is FC Nagarjo? An amateur club whose reputation is similar to that of a club that plays in the 10th English League. Moreover, East Timor's national youth rating is 4 times lower than England's, which means that a club in the English 10th league will produce better youngsters than a club in East Timor having the same reputation. (by the way, I use Daveincid's megapack, and the national rating is lower than that default in the game). So ... what will the next intake be like ? Probably interesting, but not out of the ordinary. I'll see ...

qhMNu7O.jpg

Transfers. We brought in only one new player. It's true, a very good player, in fact the only really good player who agreed to come to our club. Being an amateur club we could not offer him anything, but the guy was really willing to come to us because his former team (FC Santa Cruz) had just relegated from the 2nd league last season.

eG09Mei.jpg

Initially I set out to rely on players who have good or very good physical characteristics. Unfortunately, I have very few such players ... and the ones I have are weak in terms of the other important attributes. I don't think would be useful a player who has a good stamina and strength ... but extremely low determination and work rate. Finally I gave up major changes and I relied on the squad I found here, to which was added the newcomer Amora and 5 youngsters from under21 team.

yoAD2xY.jpg

The team is based on 6 players who stand out in terms of quality: Gali, Gusmao, Ricardo, Amora, Alves, Golias. Unfortunately, 3 of the 6 are only 17 years old. Another problem: I have a lot of strikers in the team ... but I don’t have enough central midfielders. Which means I could use the 4-4-2 configuration, although, I admit, it's risky, because my wide midfielders don't seem to be good enough.

The best 5 players I've found here

... and Joao Amora, the 6th very good player

Under21 squad

Friendlies.

We played a lot of games, no less than 10. We needed these games to check how is working the 4-4-2 configuration and to improve the team cohesion and morale. Surprisingly, we won 2 of the 3 games played against some 1st league teams (Benfica, Kablaki FC and Dili FC) ... but these were only friendly matches. League games will obviously be much more difficult.

I461kcb.jpg

March 2021

Wow ! Nice start of the season ! 6 points out of 6 and 8 goals scored in two games.

GMAMFAy.jpg

TgO0L0X.jpg

I haven't been able to improve cohesion as I would have liked ... but it seems to be good enough. The team is playing very well anyway.

CpBHo26.jpg

April 2021

Shi ... sorry. I shouldn't have been so optimistic. We played poorly and it's no surprising we lost both games.

U337ndL.jpg

hcIi63v.jpg

I don't like "short" competitions at all. A few defeats can turn a (possible) good season into a catastrophic one. Unfortunately, we only play 11 matches in the league ... and 4 of them have already been played.

ou6Ny6V.jpg

That's not well at all. Cohesion was being mediocre anyway, now even the atmosphere is not as it should be. I'll try to find opponents willing to play some friendly games. We have enough time, in the next 9 weeks we'll play only two league matches ...

n0Uxa1t.jpg

May and June 2021

We didn't play much better ... but we got 4 points.

Xxk6YqU.jpg

V85GnuK.jpg

We're lucky. We're not a very good team ... but our opponents aren't very good. If we'll be able to to win the next two games we have a very good chance to fight for promotion.

2GmuK1D.jpg

That's better ...

nWiO9JO.jpg

July 2021

6 points, but in the first game we were extremely lucky. To be honest, during this game there were at least 5 cases in which our opponents preferred to shoot from a difficult angle instead of trying a pass to a teammate who was being unmarked in our box ...

z5nnGFP.jpg

Yy563jI.jpg

A very important game, AS Ponta Leste being our main opponent for promotion.

v3RQUz2.jpg

rXohlyD.jpg

Lol. We lost against the weakest team in the league, a team that in the previous 9 games had gained only 3 points and had not defeated anyone ....

Is5Td6h.jpg

pvk8HO3.jpg

It's very clear now. If two teams have the same number of points the ranking is based on goal difference. To promote 100% we need to win the last game. We can also promote with a draw, but provided that the YMCA wins the maximum one goal difference. Or provided that Ultramar does not win.

Last round schedule

YES ! We did it !

jbys9Nd.jpg

TmWXPP9.jpg

Of course, we were very lucky. We are no better than the teams that missed the promotion. We were just luckier than them.

YVM9VOi.jpg

Q3jrr1E.jpg

Players' stats.

We have two very good youngsters in our team. Both were called in the U19 national team, and Gali (the goalkeeper) is a regular starter there.

55KIWpM.jpg

Like I said, we haven't been the best team in the league. Our attack worked quite well, but the defense was pretty weak. Fortunately for us, our goalkeeper is very good ... and opposing strikers missed quite a lot of clear chances to score.

9nxPDYz.jpg

Everything is good and beautiful ... but I have a problem. The rules. At the beginning of this career I set some rules ... and one of those rules is ...

- After 3 years of career I'll have permission to play at a higher level, meaning I'll be able to play with a club / in a league having at most level 3.

What is the level of the first league in East Timor? Level 3, this league being on the 75th place in the ranking of Asian leagues. What this means? That I'll leave FC Nagarjo before this team plays in the 1st league, that is, before February, 2022.  To be honest, I would have looked for another team anyway. As I said in a previous post, the first round of the league is in February (at the end of the month) and the last round in July. There is also the national cup, which takes place in October. So there are 5 and a half months out of 12 in which no match is played. Such a league that offers very few games is interesting in the short term, but not in the long term.

What options do I have? Until January 1, 2024 I'll only play in the "level 1 and 2" leagues, which means (sorted by the month they start) Myanmar 2 (January), Nepal 2 (January), Bangladesh 2 (February), Macau 2 (February), East Timor 2 (February, I've already played here), Cambodia 2 (March), Singapore 2 (March), Kyrgyzstan 2 (April), Mongolia 2 (April), Tajikistan 2 (May), Lebanon 2 (September), Oman 2 (September) and Sri Lanka 2 (October). We are already in August, so at the moment I have only two options: Lebanon 2 and Oman 2. I'll apply to clubs in these two countries.

I applied. It was about 3 clubs and all those three clubs informed me I had not reached their shortlist or, in other words, they were not interested in my services. That's it. Now I have only one option : to try to get a qualification (license), so to follow the coaching course. I wasn't sure the Nagarjo board would accept my course ... but they accepted (yay !) :

4wFIhXI.jpg

I didn't know if a possible resignation would mean the cancellation of my coaching course, so I refrained from applying to other clubs. I was going to wait quite a while (4 months) ... but it was worth.

In the meantime, I still had something to do in Nagarjo. The "12 de Novembre" cup (national cup) was to take place in October, so I had to prepare the team for this competition. 

We played two friendly matches ... then I calmed down. I would have been stressed in vain because in the draw our opponent was going to be Boavista FC, that is the champion of East Timor in the 2020 and 2021. Our chances of qualifying? Almost zero.

d2mpSbb.jpg

And to make it as difficult as possible, our best players (goalkeeper Gali and striker Golias) were called up to the U19 national team exactly when we were going to play against Boavista.

XwQwDWr.jpg

H5Ab9zA.jpg

"12 Novembre" cup, 2nd round :

pLorKxj.jpg

That's it, at least we tried ...

That's good for them ...

kmkyl5R.jpg

... but I'm not interested in a new contract.

xXe8UgZ.jpg

January 2022

At 8.53 I was informed that I had got the "National C" license ...

FsKJzEu.jpg

And 7 minutes later, of course, I resigned.

I4iq3ey.jpg

On the same day I started looking for a new job. I would have been interested in a job at a club that would play in a league that would start in the coming weeks, so I applied to the 2 clubs in Nepal and the 7 clubs in Bangladesh.

Clubs looking for a new manager

First job interview offer received :

kCmdhJN.jpg

Only 4 days were enough to reach the signing of the contract. My new club : Pulchowk SC Lalitpur, from Nepal.

dOu5n24.jpg

h9y8Kst.jpg

And a review of the various competitions that ended in 2021 (or even 2020 in the case of some continental competitions)

National competitions - Western Asia

DMvoaZE.jpg

National competitions - Central and Southern Asia

tXTG2XC.jpg

National competitions - South Eastern Asia

Jbt90hp.jpg

National competitions - Eastern Asia

1m294RC.jpg

Continental competitions - clubs

GnL5MxO.jpg

Continental competitions - national teams

9CjQP3K.jpg

Thanks.

So ... Nepal. First, some details about this country. It's located between China and India and the map suggests it is a relatively small country but this impression is caused by the fact that it borders with two very large countries. However, Nepal it's not a small country. Its area is exactly as large as cumulated area of England + Wales and its population is quite large (almost 30 million inhabitants). Of course, the best known aspect about Nepal refers to extremely high mountains that are located in this country. 8 of the highest mountains on earth are in Nepal, and 5 of them are less than 100 miles (160 kilometers) from the country's capital, Kathmandu.

Geob7QT.jpg

I was referring to Kathmandu. In ancient times Kathmandu, Patan (the old name of the present city of Lalitpur) and several other smaller localities were separated. Now, however, all these towns are part of an urban agglomeration, practically forming a large city. This urban agglomeration is crossed by a river called Bagmati, the streets north of Bagmati being part of Kathmandu and the streets south of Bagmati being part of Lalitpur. Regarding Nepalese football, over three quarters of clubs in this country are located in Kathmandu-Lalitpur area and nearby localities.

NVp9b36.jpg

And now, back to my virtual career. I was hired by a club called Pulchowk SC. A semi-professional club based in Lalitpur, but playing in a stadium in Kathmandu. The stadium is quite large (8000 places) but the attendance will be low (in the previous season the average attendance was only 124 per match). As for the facilities ... they are minimal. Anyway, I wasn't expecting anything else, I was hired by a small semi-professional club.

hI9OvbA.jpg

How small is this club? Well ... it has the lowest reputation of all clubs that play in the first and second Nepalese leagues. And there are at least about 10 other clubs in the lower (regional) leagues that have a higher reputation than ours.

NdfgwIj.jpg

But compared to the reputation of my former club, FC Nagarjo Dili? Well, Nagarjo has a higher reputation. In fact, from this point of view Nagarjo would be one of the top 12 Nepalese clubs.

Last season Pulchowk was not a top team at all. In fact, they hardly avoided relegation to the regional league after they managed to get only 6 points (and only one win) in the 11 games played :

YL0ruUO.jpg

Our board seem to be aware of the current situation, which is why they only asked to be achieved a not very ambitious objective : "fight bravely against relegation".

gFkZbac.jpg

The media prediction surprised me a little. We are not the main favorite for relegation, which means we have better players than I would have expected. Of course, our players are not as good as those of that teams that fight for promotion ... but it seems we have a mid-table team or, in the worst case, a "top 10 places" team.

QDKSVV0.jpg

Rules of the Nepalese 2nd league are quite similar to those of the 2nd league in East Timor. The 12 teams will play only 11 games (one round) and the winner will promote to the first league. We can use a maximum of 3 foreign players, but this rule is useless in the 2nd league, especially for a semi-pro club. The maximum number of players to be registered is higher here (35 players in the Nepalese league compared to only 27 in the East Timorese league)

ttq6vvE.jpg

rwSfBaE.jpg

Club finances. It's not a very important aspect because we have very little money and, of course, due to our very low reputation we can't attract good players. At best, perhaps, I could improve our backroom staff a little.

I0yGTcy.jpg

The staff is quite complete, except that I don't have an assistant manager. I searched, but I haven't found anyone willing to come to our club. After all, it doesn't even matter. I asked our HOYD to pretend to be assistant manager and he agreed. He's as good as any other assistant I could find.

UMgdarm.jpg

We have two squads (seniors and under18) ... and a total of 46 players (excluding the gray ones). Unfortunately the qualitative level of these players seems to be pretty low. Even the best players (those that my HOYD considers to be "3-5 stars CA and 4-5 stars PA") seem to have a way too low level in terms of some important attributes.

KuvC0hT.jpg

G3HBXKN.jpg

Our best players :

VGAbXgM.jpg

However, the team report is quite encouraging. It is obvious, although we don't have very good players overall, we have some players good enough to be able to fight for a mid-table position.

byfN3DL.jpg

So ... what do I usually do? I analyze the squad(s), decide which players I'll keep and what kind of players would be needed. After that we play a few friendly matches (to improve the team morale and to check tactical configurations) and so on. But can I do that now ? No, because the championship has already begun. The first round was played two days before I was hired and the second round is scheduled exactly the day after my arrival at the club. I don't have time for analysis, friendly games and improvements. Worse, the period in which the 35 players can be registered ends in just 4 days, ie on January 29. So, I have to move very fast ...

ATRjxDO.jpg

First ... what to do with the squad ? I have a few players that our HOYD (who pretends to be an assistant manager) considers "surplus of requirements". I should believe him ? Or i shouldn't believe him? Given his impressive abilities (judging current ability 3, judging potential ability 2, tactical knowledge 2) I am rather skeptical. However, I have no choice. I'll believe him. The consequence of this (perhaps excessive) trust : I immediately released 9 of these players who didn't have enough "stars".

qPBp2Xv.jpg

Then ... do I need some additional players ? I would need, but I don't have enough time to bring them. And, besides, why I should be stressed ? We have some very good youngsters at under18 squad. At least 5 of them seem to be good enough to be part of the senior squad.

iV5Uo13.jpg

The atmosphere is not very encouraging. At all. Players do not trust their new manager and, for various reasons, it seems that they even don't trust each other .... or don't like each other. I don't even need to talk about cohesion anymore. Yes, it's not extremely low ... but it's far from that level at should be.

48RfrsQ.jpg

One last question ... which is by no means the least important : how should we play? What tactical configuration should I use ? Since some of our best players are strikers ... obviously, I'll have to use 2 strikers. Then, because we have only two quality defenders, it is clear we'll allow many goals. A possible solution ? We could play more offensive trying to score as much as possible. If we'll can, of course.

(End of) January 2022

Wooooooow ! We scored seven goals ! Of course, I also noticed the fragility of our defense (including some huge goalkeeper mistakes) but it seems even our opponents have about the same defensive troubles. We could aim for a possible promotion? I don't know yet.

K7Ceo7D.jpg

I have to forget about promotion. We don't have a team good enough for that. Anyway, we played pretty well even if we lost.

DOeKxY7.jpg

JIswr8e.jpg

The first two games were interesting ... but a bit inconclusive. I still don't know what the real level of this team is.

XPFKVl3.jpg

February 2022

Yes, in the first half both teams used goalkeepers. I can guarantee that, I saw those goalkeepers on the pitch. What ? They conceded 8 goals from 9 shots on target ? They probably remembered only when they got to dressing rooms about the purpose of their presence on the pitch ... 

d0wRl7O.jpg

Well, we won, 6-4. We didn't concede any goal(s) in the second half and, I have to admit, it can be said it was a very spectacular game: 3 - 0, 3 - 3, 4 - 3, 4 - 6. Like in tennis.

Note : both defenses played (again) extremely bad. As usual.

w3noKk8.jpg

Aren't there miracles ? A blatant lie ! There is ! Here, for example, is an impressive miracle : we didn't concede a goal !!! Moreover, 139 minutes have passed since the last goal we received. I would not have imagined such a thing could happen !

XFVVshq.jpg

51WXykP.jpg

We also played two friendlies. The second game was interesting because in the 50th minute the score was 3 - 0 (for us). In the next 40 minutes we conceded 4 goals from a lower league team. In the end, it doesn't matter, it was just a friendly match.
On a different note, we are on the 5th place and the difference from the first place is only 3 points. There are only 6 rounds left to play, so ... but no, no chance for promotion. We have played until now against teams in 7th, 8th, 10th and 12th places. The next opponents will be more difficult and I don't think we'll be able to collect enough points for such a daring objective.

Cio2EgL.jpg

Cohesion has improved, but the championship will end before it reaches a good enough level. Well, "my" boys will benefit from a good cohesion on holiday. Sometimes a holiday really need this ...

BiGwiQA.jpg

March 2022

If the game had ended 4 - 2 or 5 - 2 for of our opponents ... I wouldn't have been upset. They really deserved this score. My team played poorly and this time not only the defense but also midfielders made countless mistakes. Still, why did we win ? Because it's the first game in which we had an exceptional goalkeeper, because we have very good strikers ... and because our opponents' strikers missed incredibly. They had at least 5-6 clear cut chances to score ... and missed almost all of them.

akR1U8E.jpg

Before the game I checked (as usual) the abilities of the best players of the opponents. I didn't even notice this striker. After all, in the last year and a half he had played 15 games and scored just one goal. It was far from a potential danger to us.

L.K. Lama

... so, we played. And we lost (4 - 0) at home. Who scored all 4 goals? Exactly that striker that I thought is not a danger. It was probably the best match of his entire (past and future) career ...

MCkS3kS.jpg

There are 4 more games to play but it doesn't matter anymore. From now on we'll only play for fun. We can't relegate ... but we can't promote either.

vK6g5xW.jpg

Madhyapur Youth had managed until now only one win and 3 points out of 21 possible. It seemed to be an opponent easy to beat ... but, of course, they focused to the maximum, we focused "to the minimum" and, in the end, we were satisfied with an draw.

FX8Tvdr.jpg

What can I say ? A spectacular game. 3 - 1, 3 - 4, 4 - 4, a goal disallowed for our opponents ... then 6 - 4 for us at the end of the game.

ryZAYTR.jpg

HyG8uE6.jpg

Well, the only goal we can still achieve would be a position in top 6, ie a position in the first half of the table.

CtlOzLt.jpg

April 2022

The last 2 games. We lost the first one, although the team played really well. In the second game we achieved a very good performance because we defeated the best team of the league ... and we didn't even allowed our opponents to score. However, opponents had no reason to concentrate and played much weaker than usual. Anyway, a nice victory for us.

2MbOpu1.jpg

LaPDXes.jpg

6th place. A good enough place. Honestly, I would have liked more, but ...

bb2OOij.jpg

Players' stats.

We have some very good players, at least for the level of the Nepalese second league. Our best player, Shyam Gurung, does not have many qualities as a striker ... but he managed to score many goals. Probably the fact that from a physical point of view he is one of the best players in the squad helped him a lot.

hNgRbVi.jpg

Shyam Gurung

In terms of attacking, we were the second best team in the league. In terms of defensive ... we were the 10th team in the league. On average, the 6th place, ie exactly our place in the final ranking.

LjvoshR.jpg

The board are delighted. It's very good, because I wouldn't have wanted to leave the club "accompanied" by the fame of some extremely bad results. Looks like I did my job in a reasonable way. We didn't manage a promotion, but at least we managed to get some interesting results.

VXfuIZf.jpg

Youth intake, Pulchowk SC, 2022.
A pretty good intake. Some players seem to be really interesting but, unfortunately, I won't have the opportunity to see them playing.

Bn0TC3S.jpg

2JhWfwD.jpg

By the way, I forgot to include this in my previous post. Youth intake, FC Nagarjo, 2021

Nagarjo FC youth intake

Nagarjo FC youth intake - best players

Now it's time for me to resign from Pulchowk SC and look for another club. Why ? Because the season in the Nepalese 2nd league starts in January and ends in April. Between two seasons there is a break that lasts no less than 8 months. Far too much for a manager who try to improve his professional skills.

Where do I intend to go? I have to quote myself :

What options do I have? Until January 1, 2024 I'll only play in the "level 1 and 2" leagues, which means (sorted by the month they start) Myanmar 2 (January), Nepal 2 (January, I've already played here), Bangladesh 2 (February), Macau 2 (February), East Timor 2 (February, I've already played here), Cambodia 2 (March), Singapore 2 (March), Kyrgyzstan 2 (April), Mongolia 2 (April), Tajikistan 2 (May), Lebanon 2 (September), Oman 2 (September) and Sri Lanka 2 (October)

We are already in April, so I have a choice between clubs from Kyrgyzstan 2, Mongolia 2 and Tajikistan 2.

pIc2s4h.jpg

3 weeks later. I haven't resigned yet because I have an idea. I applied to all available clubs but no one looked for me. Unfortunately I'll have to wait and, because I have nothing else to do, I decided to ask the board if they would not be willing to finance me a coaching course for the national B licence. They agreed !

oVFjIFd.jpg

End of June. Nobody is still looking for me, although I did apply to a few other clubs. However, I think I should resign. I'm not sure if the coaching course continues after a resignation, but now I don't care. I only cared when it came to the National C license. I don't necessarily need a "B", so I can take a risk.

1x1BFKU.jpg

Good bye, friends ! It was a really nice experience !

viDMtX4.jpg

I still "study", even after resignation. That's good. But now I really have to find another club ...

Q3wWdDq.jpg