[FM21][FM22] Revised Australian League System - Indefinitely on hold

AS OF 23/08/2021

ALPHA 1.0 TO BE RELEASED SOON (see below)

UPDATE (Please read): I've underestimated how sophisticated and complicated the Australian football system is, let alone this version I've made of it. This is absolutely doing my head in with the advanced editor and dynamic relegation, certain league stages, history, etc. Although during this project I've learnt a lot (spent about 35 hours total on it), I'm still very inexperienced with the advance editor and not yet skilled enough/have the time to implement the idea that I have below. I'm only up to tier 4 and still no cup comps yet and is very, very, unpolished. The drive I originally had has gone, so please expect the worse, hope for the best. May or may not have another crack next year at something for Australia as I feel managing in Australia with the vanilla game get's very boring after 3 or 4 seasons.

I've went through 12 iterations of it, here they are below:

RALS - Save 1.fmf

RALS - Save 2.fmf

RALS - Save 3.fmf

RALS - Save 4.fmf

RALS - Save 5.fmf

RALS - Save 6.fmf

RALS Save 7.fmf

RALS 8.fmf

RALS 9.fmf

RALS 10.fmf

RALS 11.fmf

RALS 12.fmf

I pretty sure 1-9 are playable to an extent and a couple of them work quite well with only a few minor issues and 1 major realism issue thats definitely still playable (promotion/relegation between The Championship and NPL, apparently regional divisions mean nothing :/). 10-11 are a little broken and 12 is completely f*cked (by this point I had enough). If you have the time feel free to test them out.

*Make sure to follow this thread or turn on thread notifications so you don't miss any updates*

The Tier System is listed below (HERE FOR DETAILED VIEW: PYRAMID -Australian Pyramid.xlsx, LEAGUES W/ CLUBS -Leagues and Teams.xlsx)

• Tier 1
    • A-League
  • Tier 2
    • The Championship
  • Tier 3 (National Premier Leagues)
    • NPL Northern Conference - QLD and NT
    • NPL Eastern Conference - NSW, ACT and NNSW
    • NPL Southern Conference - VIC and TAS
    • NPL South Australia
    • NPL Western Australia
  • Tier 4 (National State Leagues)
    • NSL Queensland
    • NSL Northern Territory
    • NSL Northern NSW
    • NSL New South Wales
    • NSL Capital Football
    • NSL Victoria
    • NSL Tasmania
    • NSL South Australia
    • NSL Western Australia

Listed below are what level each state goes down to:

• Queensland (Tier 10)
  • Northern Territory (Tier 4)
  • Northern NSW (Tier 10)
  • New South Wales (Tier 12)
  • Capital Football (Tier 6)
  • Victoria (Tier 11)
  • Tasmania (Tier 6)
  • South Australia (Tier 12)
  • Western Australia (Tier 10)

Cheers, Boofhead54.

Edited by Boofhead54
Indefinite hault on project

On 22/07/2021 at 00:33, Wolf_pd said:

Want me to move this to FM22 when the game arrives?

If you could do that, that would be great. Are their any limitations on what data can and cannot be moved from FM21 to FM22? 

8 hours ago, Boofhead54 said:

If you could do that, that would be great. Are their any limitations on what data can and cannot be moved from FM21 to FM22? 

This year was a little change I believe and more than few people had problems with exporting raw data (clubs/players). So my guess is nothing should change this year.

On 23/07/2021 at 17:11, Bigpole said:

This year was a little change I believe and more than few people had problems with exporting raw data (clubs/players). So my guess is nothing should change this year.

If they have reordered the data, then it should be good for quite a few seasons. Agreed with your guess.

6 hours ago, alian62 said:

How does relegation work because a lot of work comes unstuck when trying to move teams back to their respective states when relegated

I will be making it so teams have assigned regional division so they are put in the correct division when promoted/relegated. The only issue is amount of teams per division, which I'll fix by having an 'unlimited' amount of max/min teams allowed per division. Hopefully the divisions shouldn't develop crazy and unrealistic amount of teams (like 2 or 25 per division) and should hover between 8-14 depending on what league is in question.

Currently in the progress of sorting teams into their respective leagues, should start the nation rules soon and an alpha version released sometime September.

On 26/07/2021 at 21:48, Boofhead54 said:

I will be making it so teams have assigned regional division so they are put in the correct division when promoted/relegated. The only issue is amount of teams per division, which I'll fix by having an 'unlimited' amount of max/min teams allowed per division. Hopefully the divisions shouldn't develop crazy and unrealistic amount of teams (like 2 or 25 per division) and should hover between 8-14 depending on what league is in question.

Currently in the progress of sorting teams into their respective leagues, should start the nation rules soon and an alpha version released sometime September.

Would be interested to see how it goes 

Because I absolutely love the detail you've put into the levels, looking into the Sydney levels I do recognise a lot of the club names so I'm assuming they are clubs in the various football district associations?

I only have a minor quibble with the Sydney east teams (because Sydney is what I'm most familiar with), I'm assuming you're just trying to fill out space and make divisions even but a lot of those clubs are definitely anywhere from inner west to south and south west Sydney.

Also Minto FC is Minto SC or Minto District Soccer Club (source, I play for the o'35s div 4 side) 

3 hours ago, Jolanthustrel said:

Because I absolutely love the detail you've put into the levels, looking into the Sydney levels I do recognise a lot of the club names so I'm assuming they are clubs in the various football district associations?

I only have a minor quibble with the Sydney east teams (because Sydney is what I'm most familiar with), I'm assuming you're just trying to fill out space and make divisions even but a lot of those clubs are definitely anywhere from inner west to south and south west Sydney.

Also Minto FC is Minto SC or Minto District Soccer Club (source, I play for the o'35s div 4 side) 

Cheers for the feedback, much appreciated.

In terms of the Sydney divisions, I tried to fill the gap between the NSL 3 (existing NPL 4) and the many, many association premier leagues. I used the image attached (made myself so it's potential fairly inaccurate), with the shaded associations to VAGUELY implement teams into divisions/'new' associations. A list for each in below. (feel free to suggest new names as the existing ones where the first that came to mind - now looking at the names, "Inner West" is a pretty inappropriate name).

Also please keep in mind that the the 8th tier and below will be one of the last added, so the development is in very early stages.

NORTH
Central Coast

Central Coast Football

North Sydney
North West Sydney Football
Northern Suburbs Football Association
Manly-Warringah Football Association

WEST
Inner West

Southern Districts Soccer Football Association
Granville & Districts Soccer Football Association

Macarthur
Macarthur District Soccer Football Association

West Sydney & Hills
Hills Football Association
Blacktown & Districts Soccer Football Association
Nepean Football Association

SOUTH

Illawarra
Football South Coast

South Sydney
St. George Football Association
Sutherland Shire Football Association

East Sydney
Bankstown District Amateur Football Association
Canterbury & Districts Soccer Football Association
Eastern Suburbs Football Association

1552992253_SydneyAllocationofAssociations.png.5d801536ce3cc0429e640249742bcd24.png

• Boofhead54 changed the title to [FM21][FM22] Revised Australian League System - Work-In-Progress

Instead of East Sydney, I would almost go Central Sydney. Simply because the eastern suburbs are such a small geographic area and because the area it covers fits between north south and west. But as you say it's a long way off, this sort of thing just makes me happy. I tried to do something like this 5\6 years ago but making NSW\ACT a seperate nation.

Personally would not worry about the Northern Territory as its really a non existence in Australian Football . Tasmania is also not a big developer of talent . Anyone of any salt would just go and play in another state 

12 hours ago, alian62 said:

Any progress ?

Not too far off the the Alpha 1.0 release. The only aspect I have left is the promotion relegation between all the division, it has been a nightmare to figure out.

Worst case scenario, There's only the A-League, The Championship and NPL divisions.

I will release something before this month

EDIT: The process of having to create hundreds of new teams and competitions took up a majority of this month

EDIT 2: Finished the A-League, The Championship, NPL and FFA Cup (simplified) all verified. If I'm unable to figure out how to correctly add the pro/rel to the NSL and NSL 2 by the 28th, I'll have the most up-to-date one loaded for your enjoyment.

Edited by Boofhead54

• Boofhead54 changed the title to [FM21][FM22] Revised Australian League System - Indefinitely on hold
On 20/07/2021 at 17:33, Boofhead54 said:

AS OF 23/08/2021

ALPHA 1.0 TO BE RELEASED SOON (see below)

UPDATE (Please read): I've underestimated how sophisticated and complicated the Australian football system is, let alone this version I've made of it. This is absolutely doing my head in with the advanced editor and dynamic relegation, certain league stages, history, etc. Although during this project I've learnt a lot (spent about 35 hours total on it), I'm still very inexperienced with the advance editor and not yet skilled enough/have the time to implement the idea that I have below. I'm only up to tier 4 and still no cup comps yet and is very, very, unpolished. The drive I originally had has gone, so please expect the worse, hope for the best. May or may not have another crack next year at something for Australia as I feel managing in Australia with the vanilla game get's very boring after 3 or 4 seasons.

I've went through 12 iterations of it, here they are below:

RALS - Save 1.fmf 185.45 kB · 0 downloads

RALS - Save 2.fmf 189 kB · 0 downloads

RALS - Save 3.fmf 189.54 kB · 0 downloads

RALS - Save 4.fmf 189.94 kB · 0 downloads

RALS - Save 5.fmf 190.1 kB · 0 downloads

RALS - Save 6.fmf 190.38 kB · 0 downloads

RALS Save 7.fmf 190.31 kB · 0 downloads

RALS 8.fmf 190.31 kB · 0 downloads

RALS 9.fmf 206.46 kB · 0 downloads

RALS 10.fmf 206.51 kB · 0 downloads

RALS 11.fmf 207.64 kB · 0 downloads

RALS 12.fmf 207.55 kB · 0 downloads

I pretty sure 1-9 are playable to an extent and a couple of them work quite well with only a few minor issues and 1 major realism issue thats definitely still playable (promotion/relegation between The Championship and NPL, apparently regional divisions mean nothing :/). 10-11 are a little broken and 12 is completely f*cked (by this point I had enough). If you have the time feel free to test them out.

*Make sure to follow this thread or turn on thread notifications so you don't miss any updates*

The Tier System is listed below (HERE FOR DETAILED VIEW: PYRAMID -Australian Pyramid.xlsx, LEAGUES W/ CLUBS -Leagues and Teams.xlsx)

• Tier 1
    • A-League
  • Tier 2
    • The Championship
  • Tier 3 (National Premier Leagues)
    • NPL Northern Conference - QLD and NT
    • NPL Eastern Conference - NSW, ACT and NNSW
    • NPL Southern Conference - VIC and TAS
    • NPL South Australia
    • NPL Western Australia
  • Tier 4 (National State Leagues)
    • NSL Queensland
    • NSL Northern Territory
    • NSL Northern NSW
    • NSL New South Wales
    • NSL Capital Football
    • NSL Victoria
    • NSL Tasmania
    • NSL South Australia
    • NSL Western Australia

Listed below are what level each state goes down to:

• Queensland (Tier 10)
  • Northern Territory (Tier 4)
  • Northern NSW (Tier 10)
  • New South Wales (Tier 12)
  • Capital Football (Tier 6)
  • Victoria (Tier 11)
  • Tasmania (Tier 6)
  • South Australia (Tier 12)
  • Western Australia (Tier 10)

Cheers, Boofhead54.

Yes the big issue is regional relegations . they have never worked and i doubt it ever will because SI dont care enough about Australia since it isnt a big player in the World . Good effort though . Cheers 

21 hours ago, alian62 said:

Yes the big issue is regional relegations . they have never worked and i doubt it ever will because SI dont care enough about Australia since it isnt a big player in the World . Good effort though . Cheers 

I will do something for Australia next FM, but it won't be something like this feed. I was thinking a replica of the actual system in Australia since their isn't too much regional promotion/relegation which would make is easier. Or maybe something completely fantasy like each state is their own nation with own leagues. Depending on factors I may have something done next year.

I'd be more than happy to give a hand in terms of regional promotion/relegation if you want it, i've got a decent amount of experience with the editor.  Been wanting a real good database for Australia for a while so more than happy to help while in lockdown

21 hours ago, andrewr2711 said:

I'd be more than happy to give a hand in terms of regional promotion/relegation if you want it, i've got a decent amount of experience with the editor.  Been wanting a real good database for Australia for a while so more than happy to help while in lockdown

The issue is that teams relegated dont go back to there own state divisions . EG A WA Team will end up playing in SA or a VIC Team ends up in the WA division 

On 31/08/2021 at 19:21, andrewr2711 said:

You are more than welcome to have a look and try, I'm unsure which is which, but in the original post I've linked 12 different saves and tries down to tier 3 concerning the regional pro/rel. It seems no matter what I try a team ends up in the wrong division.

4 hours ago, alian62 said:

The issue is that teams relegated dont go back to there own state divisions . EG A WA Team will end up playing in SA or a VIC Team ends up in the WA division 

I am working on a system that replicates the real Australian System at the moment as their is no real promotion relegation between different regions/zones, only city north/south/east/west division which are doable in the editor. So stay posted. It won't be completed for a while, but once I have the first version completed, I'll make a new thread for it.

On 27/08/2021 at 13:49, Boofhead54 said:

Or maybe something completely fantasy like each state is their own nation with own leagues. Depending on factors I may have something done next year.

I did something like that a few years ago, balkanising Australia, it was quite fun to watch the simulations but it was pure fiction. If I ever did it again I'd want some sort of macro, or the ability to create a massive XML to upload data in one hit. 

• 2 months later...
On 01/09/2021 at 16:38, alian62 said:

On 01/09/2021 at 21:23, Boofhead54 said:

You are more than welcome to have a look and try, I'm unsure which is which, but in the original post I've linked 12 different saves and tries down to tier 3 concerning the regional pro/rel. It seems no matter what I try a team ends up in the wrong division.

Having a look through the 22 editor, regional relegation is much easier albeit not perfect

The state lines may be more static and wont follow the actual lines, but it could probably be done easiest with WA, Tas, SA and NT as they're pretty solid divides

Edited by andrewr2711
Forgot to add sentence

19 hours ago, andrewr2711 said:

Having a look through the 22 editor, regional relegation is much easier albeit not perfect

The state lines may be more static and wont follow the actual lines, but it could probably be done easiest with WA, Tas, SA and NT as they're pretty solid divides

It has never worked and SI wont fix it . It will only get fixed when Australia itself has a proper relegation system happening .