Number of Players Needed for Int. Mgmt

toolpsu

If I understand correctly, the number of players loaded from a nation in your DB determines what national teams become playable. For example, thousands of players loaded from Albania make the national team playable, but the 20 or so from Eritrea prevent their human management unless you manually add a bunch of real or fake Eritrean players to the DB with the editor. Is there an exact number needed to make an international team playable? 50? 75? 100? Are there any other requirements, such as a certain number of players who play at certain positions? For example if you have 500 players, but only 1 GK does that prevent the national team becoming playable? Any other factors affecting which teams you can manage?

The premise for this question is I've noticed 2 things I find unusual. When loading a massive advanced custom database(over 350,000 total players,) I've been able to take charge of a nation with only 51 players in the database, but couldn't control a national team with over 100 players in the custom database. 

Also, when loading the same large custom database, what teams I can control can be inconsistent. For example, one time a country with limited players in the database like American Samoa will be manageable, but the next restart with the same identical large database prevents their control.

I realize that this post went longer than intended, but would greatly appreciate anyone's thoughts or expertise on these questions.

I think it was about 150, but numbers between 50 and 300 have been mentioned.

The fact that you have different outcomes with the same settings is weird though.

Thanks. I double checked last night with multiple identical starts and certain nations were sometimes playable or unplayable for no apparent reason. 

It's strange, I've seen multiple numbers needed for a playable nation thrown around from experienced players as well, but it boggles my mind, how is that number not "officially" known? Surely there is no top secret reason not to let the players know what you need as prerequisites to manage a smaller nation.

That's a good explanation and also explains why trying out multiple times will give different outcomes. The players from a nation like American Samoa have little to no data set, so the game generates the data at random.

I find it interesting that a "quality of player" litmus test was put into the ability to manage a nation, considering some of the historical squads that have been put out by some of the really small Caribbean and Oceanic nations that were just part-time players playing for pride, representing their nation, losing games consistently by double digits in international competitions. 

These teams sometimes literally just grab the town baker and put him in goal for World Cup qualifiers. There's something magical and romantic about that in today's overly monetized sports world. It'd be nice to not have that hurdle to overcome in the player's DB.