Developers please read this if possible

So im not getting this at all the game released in 2020 why are people wanting FM 2022 to come out so suddenly, I have gone onto the sports interactive forums and people are already putting suggestions in for it. Why don't the developers work on the current game releasing new stuff for that game instead of working on other games after the game has been out for a bit it's not even been out that long. I get people like to see new stuff in new released games but why not implement them into the current game. Im loving it so far very realistic and immersive football manager game I have ever played but releasing new games when it hasn't been out that long makes no sense to me personally. 

If the developers read this. Let me know if this is just rumors and if you are planning to release FM 2022 thank you.

Historically this game has a yearly version since they started the FM brand, so if they are to release another game it's quite likely that there will be a FM22. The yearly release is quite normal for sports games for whatever reason. FIFA, NBA, NFL, etc all have the same yearly version.

Nothing have been officially announced as far as I know, though, so as of yet it's not known what the future brings for FM.

It makes no commercial sense for SI and SEGA to not release a new game version every year so we expect that FM 22 will launch around November this year as usual.

Suggestions for future games are logged and reviewed continually and SI have said that they have thousands in the pipeline, so that is and will always be an ongoing process.

It's not a "new game" every year. It typically is the same game with improved features and updated database (along with a new marketing campaign and branding refresh) each November, closely following the yearly cycle of football IRL.  Major overhauls (or, the developers' equivalent of a "new game") happen only once or twice in a decade, for example, when you see a completely new match engine or major new systems (e.g., new training and player development areas).

Edited by phd_angel

11 hours ago, s0ni42 said:

You’re basically paying a $50 annual subscription. And that’s no slight, great value 

Good think, but not really a subscription because you actually end up owning the software. It's more like paying for the rights for an annual upgrade.