Player Determination and AI Training/Transfer Preferences

Does the AI view low determination players the same as human players? Almost as a rule I'll never sign a senior level player with low determination. It feels a little like cheating though because I'm not sure if the AI is capable of making the same decision when buying/selling players. 

I don't think it should be all AI managers but some should have preferences of only wanting high determination players in their squad.

1 hour ago, Al Bundy said:

Determination is not as important as you think it is.

Good AI depends on all leagues loaded I'd say. You need to make a good footballing world to have a good competition.

Determination is one of the most important attributes.  Not only does it play a big part in how players involve themselves in matches it's also important for player development.  Further, it impacts a player's personality and effects how we interact with the player :thup:.

On 14/07/2021 at 15:04, wazzaflow10 said:

Does the AI view low determination players the same as human players? Almost as a rule I'll never sign a senior level player with low determination. It feels a little like cheating though because I'm not sure if the AI is capable of making the same decision when buying/selling players. 

I don't think it should be all AI managers but some should have preferences of only wanting high determination players in their squad.

Short answer is we don't know, only SI do.  We can make some guesses about what AI managers look for in players, such as form, ability, potential, value and so on.

Personally I doubt the AI look as deep as Determination, but that's just guesswork.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Al Bundy said:

Determination is not as important as you think it is.

Good AI depends on all leagues loaded I'd say. You need to make a good footballing world to have a good competition.

I ususally play with a lot of leagues loaded - been following daveincid's guide for this version but would usually load a lot of custom leagues anyway. The world I generally play is fairly robust. 

41 minutes ago, herne79 said:

Short answer is we don't know, only SI do.  We can make some guesses about what AI managers look for in players, such as form, ability, potential, value and so on.

Personally I doubt the AI look as deep as Determination, but that's just guesswork.

I figured as much. I may see if there's some skins out there that cover certain attributes. knowing a player's determination as a specific number seems a little gamey since we know the impacts it can have on matches/development but potentially not the AI. Almost feel like it should be a hidden attribute.

Edited by wazzaflow10