"performed well in training" -> performs better in match ?

Hello,

My assistant manager always suggests to select players because they "performed especially well in training lately ..." but would it really make them more likely to be good during the next game ? Should we take the training rating into consideration while picking our starting XI ?

Thanks...

I have often found that players who get a pat on the back for good training performance, will not produce a comparable performance on the pitch in the next game.  My answer would be that training rating should only be one of several parameters that you look at when deciding the team for the next game.

I understand that praising a player woulg improve his morale so make him more likely to perform well.

But does the training rating have an influence on players performances directly ? Better training rating = more likely to perform better ?

Im not sure but I would hope so, a players training rating is one of the factors I use when choosing my starting 11. I do have some players who are just poor trainers and they still play well in matches (Eden Hazard is also a real life example of this),.

An official answer would be great on this one. When i take over a team that is in a crisis or hasnt won in a long time or when im in a bad stretch of results myself and need to turn things around, my usual strategy is to choose an eleven with high determination, teamwork and best training performance. I do feel that it helps, but i could also be totally wrong.