Line of engagement vs pass into space

I am currently trying to turn my team in the Slovak league into a club that plays similar to the Red Bull teams: intense aggressive pressing, direct passes and high tempo. Currently the only team instructions I have is to make the pressing as intense as possible, but realized if I want to focus on counter attacks and passing into space behind  when winning the ball back, does it make sense to have both a much higher line of engagement and pass into space?

would it make more sense to have either a standard line of engagement, or slightly higher rather than much higher if I am using the pass into space instruction 

I am hoping to switch to a 442 or 4222 once I recover from injuries in my squad if that helps anything 

I think the most important thing whether there is space behind the defensive line or not, is how the other team defends. Not how you defend. If they try to compress space themselves, there will be space to pass into behind their defensive line. If they try to invite preassure with low lines, there will be no space, no matter how deep you defend yourself.

So if i was you, i would look after to which point the others team defensive line is willing to drop before they start engageing, then you know wether they play high or low and you can react accordingly.

Edited by CARRERA

So I was able to get a screenshot of the tactic I have been using, again trying to recreate a Red Bull style 4222, with versatile players and roles to help me promoting youth as needed. My goal is extreme pressing leading to rapid attacks into space, any feedback on improving this to be more consistent would be appreciated. We either blow teams away, or cant score at all.

Capture4222.PNG

Edited by mc22

20 minutes ago, Djeon36 said:

What about pass into space and have a more direct passing on do they contradict each other? How would that play out?

I do that when playing away from home and it works well

3 hours ago, Djeon36 said:

What about pass into space and have a more direct passing on do they contradict each other? How would that play out?

I'd imagine that will come down to a player in a deeper positions attributes, if he has good vision, anticipation & decision making he will make the best choice (either play direct into a player or pass into space).   

Pas into space and high line of engagement shouldnt really work (i dont use it cause my players still play regular through balls), but its something you see on every "broken" tactic. Maybe because AI defenders cant handle it as well?