My First Career Thread - The Flying Donkeys

Congrats on another season in Serie A :thup:

Real skin of the teeth stuff that survival this season was. Great work, though at times could not tell if you where going to or not.

Does this wipe out the debt? I don’t imagine the transfer kitty will be big or anything if this does. Could be under-guessing this though. Big post and pre seasons you’ve got now.

1 hour ago, Sonic Youth said:

Congrats on another season in Serie A :thup:

Real skin of the teeth stuff that survival this season was. Great work, though at times could not tell if you where going to or not.

Does this wipe out the debt? I don’t imagine the transfer kitty will be big or anything if this does. Could be under-guessing this though. Big post and pre seasons you’ve got now.

Thanks pal! 

Haha, you and me both! Just when I thought I was a goner, I'd pull a result out of the bag and then would do the same the other way.

It's a case of waiting and seeing what the board decide to do about next year's finances at the moment. We are sitting pretty with a balance of £26m, but the debt still stands, so as you say it could go either way. They'll either wipe out the debt but leave little in the budgets, or back me a bit more in the market whilst continuing to pay off the existing debt.

Congratulations on staying up, what an epic way to finish the season...you well and truly took it to the wire! 

What are your plans during the off season in terms of key areas of recruitment? 

BUDGET UPDATE!

image.png.b1b1f93df639978504e92842e1695fea.png

So it turns out the board are just going to continue with the monthly payment plan on the debt and fund an attempt to avoid such a stressful relegation scrap for next season. It's going to take some wheeling and dealing to improve the squad with my reputation still just 1 and a half star, but the board have faith in me and have backed it up with a new 3 year contract. Time to start building on the foundations that we've laid in the past 2 seasons.

Just now, MattyLewis11 said:

Congratulations on staying up, what an epic way to finish the season...you well and truly took it to the wire! 

What are your plans during the off season in terms of key areas of recruitment? 

Thanks @MattyLewis11!

A commanding first choice CB is a must and I want a first choice Striker. I rotated Fabbro, Rovaglia and Tjaland as none of them are good enough (Fabbro) or experienced enough in the latter 2's cases to hold down a starting position as a ST in Serie A. 

I'd also like to bring in a better LB. This summer's aim is all about improving the first 11. If I can bring in a LB, CB and ST who are all clearly good enough to start in those positions rather than being rotation options, I'll be happy. I'll then see what's left of our budgets to see if I can bring in some useful squad additions.