Security shambles and general yobbery at the final

decapitated

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure what the whole fuss is about, but I saw a bit by Jonathan Pie (not going to post it here as it contains some political stuff and I'm not sure if that's allowed) who commented on how people were behaving... badly even before the game, so I'll focus on that part.

I don't know about you guys, but as a person living in a popular destination for English (British in general) tourists, no surprise here. This is what Europe thinks English people are like because this is the behavior that's been exported. And this is why people all over Europe do not like English people*. Seeing these events in London feels.. normal for people who are not aware that this thing doesn't really happen over there. 

*see attached image for the lulz

As much as the English society wants to hide this image, this is part of society and it needs to be fixed. Especially since it's one of its major exotic exports. Exposing it at home is perhaps the best way to trigger a solution. Hiding the problem under a rug is only going to create mountains of rugs. It's not as if hooliganism has died, it is truly limited but it's mostly just not televised anymore. 

england.png

7 hours ago, Weezer said:

Trust me, the rest of us English people hate those yobs more than the rest of Europe does.

This,  Yuko's post is just trying to tell us stuff we already know tbh. Even if they read this thread alone they would know a) it's not hidden b) the negative strength of feeling towards people like this is much stronger than anything abroad c) people in England love nothing more than exposing said idiots. It's also not even close to what true hooliganism is ( the firms, the organised fights). Still absolutely grim and needs to go, regardless

5 minutes ago, ginnybob said:

Sweeping generalisations of a whole population are fine when it's aimed at English people, apparently.

At best it's an ignorant post, you'd think people would stay away from sweeping statements when it comes to nationalities, they usually end up saying something offensive that gets them in trouble

27 minutes ago, ginnybob said:

Sweeping generalisations of a whole population are fine when it's aimed at English people, apparently.

It's fine when aimed at English football hooligans tbh. I will gladly sweepingly state that they are SCUM. There. 

33 minutes ago, ginnybob said:

England is kind of like the America of Europe in this regard. People have an idea of the country due to media portrayals or the tourists they come across, and it ignores the complexity of the "imagined community" that makes up England.

21 minutes ago, Tikka Mezzala said:

England is kind of like the America of Europe in this regard. People have an idea of the country due to media portrayals or the tourists they come across, and it ignores the complexity of the "imagined community" that makes up England.

It's a lazy superiority that makes the user look ignorant tbh, ironic given that's something English people are often accused off sweepingly

1 hour ago, ginnybob said:

Hardly a bold claim that, is it? Unless you somehow think hooligans from other countries are more decent.

This was a reaction to the sweeping statement that non-English people are making sweeping statements.