Wondering what yous think of these tactics? I've used the 1st  a few times.

With a DM already & in a formation with no wingers, should I probably switch the DLP to a more attacking role?

tactical 1.jpg

tactical 3.jpg

Edited by toon army 06
Just now, smoky said:

What problems are you experiencing?

None I can notice so far, because I've only used the top one in about 3 games. I'm just wondering if on paper, they look like good set up's?

Use it at Parc des Princes then ask again, by 2027 you'll probably have a squad that'll smash everybody besides the Old Firm pretty much no matter what you do. Against strong teams playing 4-3-3 and 4-2-3-1 in the CL you could get overloaded on the wings pretty easy when they play WB, IF and MEZ on one side. I don't really understand why you'd use a FB/A as LB as though, in these narrow formations you desperately need the WBs to go forward and give you width or you'll be easily taken out of the game.

5 hours ago, Gdansk said:

Use it at Parc des Princes then ask again, by 2027 you'll probably have a squad that'll smash everybody besides the Old Firm pretty much no matter what you do. Against strong teams playing 4-3-3 and 4-2-3-1 in the CL you could get overloaded on the wings pretty easy when they play WB, IF and MEZ on one side. I don't really understand why you'd use a FB/A as LB as though, in these narrow formations you desperately need the WBs to go forward and give you width or you'll be easily taken out of the game.

Yea I've got the 3rd best team maybe even 2nd, I lost the league by 1 point last season. Change the FB to WB(s) & any other changes?

On 12/07/2021 at 07:54, Gdansk said:

Changed the 1st tactic in to this going to try it now, what do yous think?

fm21 tactic.jpg

On 14/07/2021 at 17:15, toon army 06 said:

Changed it to this after about 18 minutes vs Motherwell when 1 down, I went on to win 4-1.

fm21 2.jpg

This should be more sensible in general, I'd still like to know how this works when faced with a 4-2-3-1/4-3-3 by a superior team in the CL.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Gdansk said:

This should be more sensible in general, I'd still like to know how this works when faced with a 4-2-3-1/4-3-3 by a superior team in the CL.

I'm out the CL in the group, so will see next season. What do you think in general, good or maybe a few tweaks?

Would a DLF be better than a Complete on support? Btw my CM has move in to channels, would I be better with him on the left side? Given the WB(A) & Complete Forward?

Edited by toon army 06
Posted (edited)
On 14/07/2021 at 16:15, toon army 06 said:

Changed it to this after about 18 minutes vs Motherwell when 1 down, I went on to win 4-1.

fm21 2.jpg

Would a B2B instead of a RPM & maybe a DLP at DM work as well, maybe better? How about a DLF over CF(S), since like AF the CF is basically a runner.

Edited by toon army 06