The Big Fat "Survival Sunday" Thread *mega spoilers* 4 for the price of 1.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

Norwich and Palace to stay up please. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ahh what the hell why not keep West Brom and Southampton as well while we're at it eh? icon_confused.gif

But anyway, come on Norwich!

_Luke99_

Well I'm away for a few beers to calm the nerves before an afternoon of sheer purgatory.

Good luck to all "supporters" of the other 3 poor sods in this today, and hopefully it'll be a fun filled 90 minutes of drama for the rest of you gloating vultures.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SouthCoastRed:

Well I'm away for a few beers to calm the nerves before an afternoon of sheer purgatory.

Good luck to all "supporters" of the other 3 poor sods in this today, and hopefully it'll be a fun filled 90 minutes of drama for the rest of you gloating vultures. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Do I count as I hope WBA win :p

Dammit, I've my first final year uni exam tomorrow and this really isn't helping my revision.

I don't have Sky so I'll be listening to it all on the radio which will drive me nuts icon_frown.gif

My only worry for us is the fact we've not won away from home this season, but with us having the 1 point lead and being the in form team we should be favourites to stay up.

COME ON NORWICH!

is this effectively the "final Premiership afternoon thread"?

or do we need another one to cover the scrap over the European places as well?

I was going to post a live league table since I've got nothing much else to do today icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rob1981:

I was going to post a live league table since I've got nothing much else to do today icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

this one's just for these four games with the focus on the relegation sides, any more and it might be a bit hectic.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ericcantona7:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rob1981:

I was going to post a live league table since I've got nothing much else to do today icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

this one's just for these four games with the focus on the relegation sides, any more and it might be a bit hectic. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i'll start another then, as long as it won't put your nose out of joint icon_smile.gif

can't ignore the battle for 7th tbh :/

Sky's big round-up of the last few months just highlights that none of them really deserve to stay up.

I hope Palace can do it though.

shame they cant all go down

palace would be a nice away trip (200 yards icon_biggrin.gif ) for me next season, but mrs pengedragon would be sad cos she's a bit of an eagle

if the baggies go down hopefully earnie will go to a decent club who would appreciate him, or maybe they will keep him and he will play against us next season icon_frown.gif

norwich ? no feelings one way or the other so dont care

southampton have to go down

went to college there and absolutely hate them, also redknapp is one of the most crooked managers around so good riddance to the pair of them

to sum up, er, come on man u i spsoe

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pengedragon:

shame they cant all go down

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Andy...:

can somebody elaborate on what peter crouch said? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I only saw it 'reported' on SSN - basically that it was nice to be in the England squad but he'd rather that Southampton stayed up and he'd "give up his place" if it meant them not going down

six months ago the twat didn't even play for Southampton

Is this thread for all football or just the relegation battle?

if appropriate, here's the Liverpool team in their meaningless game against Villa:

Carson, Josemi, Carragher, Pellegrino, Warnock, Riise, Alonso, Biscan, Nunez, Kewell, Cisse.

Subs

Dudek

Finnan

Hyypia

Hamann

Baros

sod it, let's just post all the scores in here... it's not worth having two threads and the other games are all pretty meaningless anyway.

here's the table as it stands icon_smile.gif

I'll do my best to update it as the goals go in...

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

1 Chelsea 37 +57 94

2 Arsenal 37 +52 83

3 Man Utd 37 +31 74

4 Everton 37 0 61

-----------------------------------

5 Liverpool 37 +10 55

6 Bolton 37 +4 55

7 Middlesbrough 37 +7 54

8 Man City 37 +8 51

9 Tottenham 37 +6 51

10 Aston Villa 37 -6 47

11 Charlton 37 -16 45

12 Newcastle 37 -10 43

13 Birmingham 37 -7 42

14 Blackburn 37 -11 41

15 Fulham 37 -14 41

16 Portsmouth 37 -14 39

17 Norwich 37 -29 33

18 Southampton 37 -20 32

19 Crystal Palace 37 -21 32

20 West Brom 37 -27 31

</pre>

did anybody get to the bottom of the extra UEFA place riddle? if Liverpool get a 5th Champions League place, will 8th in the Premiership get you into the UEFA Cup? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No-one knows anything for sure. As I understand it, if Liverpool win, then UEFA are going to hold talks about putting usin the CL then the fallout from that as well etc.

All the Pompey fans supporting West Brom and chanting "Albion, Albion, Albion" icon_biggrin.gif

If Spurs get a man sent off and/or a shed load of bookings and Norwich get through the game without any red or yellow cards Norwich go into the fair play pot.

did anybody get to the bottom of the extra UEFA place riddle? if Liverpool get a 5th Champions League place, will 8th in the Premiership get you into the UEFA Cup? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think they were saying that the 5th (or 6th) PL Uefa spot would be replaced with the CL. So 8th wouldn't get anything under any circumstances. We won't win the CL, so there's no point in discussing it anyway.

WBA have a great chance to stay up. and so do palace as they play a derby with a recently poor addicks. with this logic, soton could overcome a man u side who could be affected by off-field antics and losing to ch*lsea. norwich could break their away hoodoo too against fulham to climax a magnificent end of season..

under my reasoning.. all would stay up icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Andy...:

I only saw it 'reported' on SSN - basically that it was nice to be in the England squad but he'd rather that Southampton stayed up and he'd "give up his place" if it meant them not going down

six months ago the twat didn't even play for Southampton </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't be a moron, of course he'd give up his place in some pointless friendlies for his side to stay up, what kind of **** would say different?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ratinho:

six months ago the twat didn't even play for Southampton </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't be a moron, of course he'd give up his place in some pointless friendlies for his side to stay up, what kind of **** would say different? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

he should have said "his first priority was to Southampton" or that "he'd concentrate on helping Southampton stay up first" or something

to say that he'd be happy to have his England place taken back off him smacks of such unbelievable arrogance

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">to say that he'd be happy to have his England place taken back off him smacks of such unbelievable arrogance </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No. Anyone who doesn't have a seperate agenda against him, knows exactly what he meant, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with what he said.

Archived