Match 51 THE FINAL: Italy vs England - 8pm Sunday BBC1 AND ITV1 LIVE FROM WEMBLEY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Tikka Mezzala said:

Might as well. It's pretty much a former Celtic XI anyway :D 

We need all the help we can get next season. Would ask if you have anyone good up there but after last season… :D

1 minute ago, mark1985 said:

We need all the help we can get next season. Would ask if you have anyone good up there but after last season… :D

Aye. We're gonna need some good snake oil salesman to punt some of these players. 

1 hour ago, Tikka Mezzala said:

England's route to success is pretty clear as far as I can see: appoint Tony Pulis. Demand to play games on Tuesday evenings (especially in the winter), and move home games from Wembley to the Bet365 Stadium. We all know "continental" players canny handle such conditions.

didn't they not have this sort of thing with big Sam?

although that didn't last long

Wait wait:

I read some english fans raised a petition to replay the game?

:D

It's alright for me but you need a play-off match against France before, as they have to replay their game against Swiss

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Omg it's true!!!

https://www.change.org/p/euros-2020-managers-rematch-demand-for-italy-v-england

Go signing guys! It's coming home!

P.S.: sorry, I don't mean to be offensive but I laughed loud when I heard something like that from french fans... but this is even worse.

4 minutes ago, Federico said:

Wait wait:

I read some english fans launched a petition to replay the game?

:D

It's alright for me but you need a play-off match against France before, as they have to replay their game against Swiss

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Omg it's true!!!

https://www.change.org/p/euros-2020-managers-rematch-demand-for-italy-v-england

Go signing guys! It's coming home!

P.S.: sorry, I don't mean to be offensive but I laughed loud when I heard something like that from french fans... but this is even worse.

Why do you care so much?

I feel like Federico really wants to stick it to the England fans on here but the problem is vast majority on here A.) accept Italy deserve it and were the better team and B.) while disapointed we lost, are just happy with England making a bloody final

2 minutes ago, skybluedave said:

I feel like Federico really wants to stick it to the England fans on here but the problem is vast majority on here A.) accept Italy deserve it and were the better team and B.) while disapointed we lost, are just happy with England making a bloody final

Yeah, really wants an angry bite, which is odd given how much he hates it when Gunman winds him up about Juventus being cheats

10 minutes ago, enigmatic said:

It's a stupid petition, but then we also have a petition to change the name of London to Sterlingrad :D 

Sounds better than London to be honest.

The comments on that petition are a fun read. You can tell the majority of the people hadn't ever watched a football match before. I like this one from Karen:

I think England played a good game.no pulling clothes tripping over or yellow cards.when a player gets a yellow card it's a warning to behave but to get 3 and still allowed to play is downright disgraceful.they didn't win football,they were bullies

Just now, The Amazing Dale Watkins said:

The comments on that petition are a fun read. You can tell the majority of the people hadn't ever watched a football match before. I like this one from Karen:

What's in a name....

Surely nobody who watches football regularly actually thinks the referee was biased? :D 

Chiellini tackle on Saka is never a red card on the halfway line and there’s another defender in shot so he wasn’t even the last man. It is scummy but it’s part of the game, if we’d be more counter attacking throughout with our pace we could’ve put him on a yellow earlier in the game and made things more interesting. 

I thought the ref was fair to both teams, let the play go when he could and blew the whistle when he had to

Chellini's foul is a yellow in the majority of games, players were getting back.  If you want one that potentially verges on a red, it's probably the one where Jorginho and Grealish collided, some refs would possibly give a red for that as Grealish gets a stud in the knee with the follow up.  For me being somebody who has watched football for decades, I'd say it's 50-50 but it's one where it could go either way

Edited by TM

6 minutes ago, PaulHartman71 said:

Surely nobody who watches football regularly actually thinks the referee was biased? :D 

Chiellini tackle on Saka is never a red card on the halfway line and there’s another defender in shot so he wasn’t even the last man. It is scummy but it’s part of the game, if we’d be more counter attacking throughout with our pace we could’ve put him on a yellow earlier in the game and made things more interesting. 

Chiellini's foul was 100% cynical and 100% a yellow, but never anything more than that. Just a classic case of a defender taking a card for the team. He knew exactly what he was doing but it happens all the time in football.

30 minutes ago, GunmaN1905 said:

Even I'm being respectful (by my standards :D) considering how many of you people mocked that blatant robbery in semi-final.

I was thinking that myself. Have you had a religious experience between the Denmark game and today? :D 

9 minutes ago, TM said:

I thought the ref was fair to both teams, let the play go when he could and blew the whistle when he had to

Chellini's foul is a yellow in the majority of games, players were getting back.  If you want one that potentially verges on a red, it's probably the one where Jorginho and Grealish collided, some refs would possibly give a red for that as Grealish gets a stud in the knee with the follow up.  For me being somebody who has watched football for decades, I'd say it's 50-50 but it's one where it could go either way

Definitely seen reds given for that, easy to argue it was dangerous play, but personally given there was very limited intent from Jorginho I think in an ideal world you don’t want to see reds for things like that especially in big games. 

13 minutes ago, eenie said:

Chiellini's foul was 100% cynical and 100% a yellow, but never anything more than that. Just a classic case of a defender taking a card for the team. He knew exactly what he was doing but it happens all the time in football.

Exactly. Much like the pen for Sterling, loads of talk around something that happens all the time. A red would have been very, very harsh. 

8 minutes ago, Tikka Mezzala said:

I was thinking that myself. Have you had a religious experience between the Denmark game and today? :D 

Nah, I'm better than those people.

Never kick someone when they're down.

But some of the posts after Denmark game were enough to know true faces of some posters.

An they were probably under heavy influence. :lol:

4 minutes ago, GunmaN1905 said:

Nah, I'm better than those people.

Never kick someone when they're down.

But some of the posts after Denmark game were enough to know true faces of some posters.

An they were probably under heavy influence. :lol:

People have different opinions to you gunman. Given some of the appalling ones you've had, I'd refrain from judging anyone, because you're really not better, you spent 13 hours having a conspiracy filled meltdown after the result, including an extremely low point referencing Eriksen's injury

34 minutes ago, The Amazing Dale Watkins said:

I like Beverly's take... "this is totally unacceptable, the referee should have acted more appropriately, what sort of message dose this send to children"

361343.jpg

Anybody struck by how many women signed the petition? Not that women can't enjoy football or have **** takes but it's predominantly a male dominated sport and that petition seems to be mostly women. 

Just now, themadsheep2001 said:

People have different opinions to you gunman. Given some of the appalling ones you've had, I'd refrain from judging anyone

I wasn't even talking about opinions, I was talking about people literally posting various troll gifs and one member even called me an imbecile, saying he's willing to take the ban.
And then he edited the post 2 minutes later. :lol:

I know it was an emotional rollercoaster, but some posters are a joke and always will be.

1 minute ago, skybluedave said:

All I remember from the Denmark thread was Gunman forgetting who got sent off between France and Croatia at WC98

Precisely. People in glass houses and all that. 

The remark about Eriksen was a real low point, on a serious note. Thought it was pretty despicable to throw that in. If you're gonna call people a joke, that was much worse. 

6 minutes ago, themadsheep2001 said:

The remark about Eriksen was a real low point, on a serious note. Thought it was pretty despicable to throw that in.

That remark was meant in a way that it's disgusting to blatantly dive considering what happened.

I said that it was obvious how players in that and Belgium-Russia game afterwards didn't want to fall easily considering what happened, but then they all started to diving again after a couple of days passed.

Remember that Kane-Phillips situation from last night? Both of them acting as if they just suffered severe injuries, only to go up 5 seconds later because England still had the ball.

9 minutes ago, skybluedave said:

All I remember from the Denmark thread was Gunman forgetting who got sent off between France and Croatia at WC98

The even better post was the follow-up where he claimed that it was still a conspiracy because the red card for France strengthened their resolve or something like that :D But clearly, at that point he was merely trolling

4 minutes ago, GunmaN1905 said:

That remark was meant in a way that it's disgusting to blatantly dive considering what happened.

I said that it was obvious how players in that and Belgium-Russia game afterwards didn't want to fall easily considering what happened, but then they all started to diving again after a couple of days passed.

Remember that Kane-Phillips situation from last night? Both of them acting as if they just suffered severe injuries, only to go up 5 seconds later because England still had the ball.

Let's be absolutely clear: there was zero reason to mention him and it's bad faith posting. Not even remotely related and if you're going to even try and conflate that with Sterling then I think we're done here to be honest, tried to give you the benefit of doubt but i don't think you're worth it. Pretty scummy thing to do to mention that tbh

5 minutes ago, GunmaN1905 said:

I said that it was obvious how players in that and Belgium-Russia game afterwards didn't want to fall easily considering what happened, but then they all started to diving again after a couple of days passed..

Poulsen went full Neymar in the same game!

Thought the ref was really good tbf, Chiellini one always being given as a yellow although it's far more dangerous than giving someone a tap to the face that you'd see a red card for. Personally think Jorginho one was a red and was a bit surprised he wasn't asked to have a look.

23 minutes ago, Weezer said:

I like Beverly's take... "this is totally unacceptable, the referee should have acted more appropriately, what sort of message dose this send to children"

361343.jpg

Anybody struck by how many women signed the petition? Not that women can't enjoy football or have **** takes but it's predominantly a male dominated sport and that petition seems to be mostly women. 

Yeah I think the OP of that petition is creating a ton of sock puppet accounts to sign it. :D

2 minutes ago, Butts said:

Thought the ref was really good tbf, Chiellini one always being given as a yellow although it's far more dangerous than giving someone a tap to the face that you'd see a red card for. Personally think Jorginho one was a red and was a bit surprised he wasn't asked to have a look.

Yes, Jorginho foul definitely one of those that look far worse in the replay, but you could still tell that it was inadvertent. There are for sure refs who would give a red for that and the VAR wouldn't have been out of line to ask him to take another look. That being said, for this game it was the right call I think, based on how he had handled the game up to that point.

I think VAR was very absent all tournament. I guess they avoid getting involved very easily because who's judging what is an obvious mistake by the ref? Philips with the same sort of tackle. The penalty against Denmark. It seems to be that as soon as you can say 'the ref can give it/decide like this', there is no longer leeway to call it an obvious mistake. 

6 minutes ago, The Amazing Dale Watkins said:

Yes, Jorginho foul definitely one of those that look far worse in the replay, but you could still tell that it was inadvertent. There are for sure refs who would give a red for that and the VAR wouldn't have been out of line to ask him to take another look. That being said, for this game it was the right call I think, based on how he had handled the game up to that point.

I think the fact that Jorginho's foot slipped off the ball onto Grealish probably saved him from red. I don't think he could have had many complaints if that had been red. Thought the ref was excellent throughout