Match 51 THE FINAL: Italy vs England - 8pm Sunday BBC1 AND ITV1 LIVE FROM WEMBLEY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just now, Weezer said:

I doubt they'll be allowed to forget it. Twitter is about to become even more of a cesspool 

Yeah, unfortunately, I think they might need to stay off social media for a while. Especially Rashford.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Harryseaess said:

Surely it’s players putting their hands up at that stage isn’t it? Asking who wants to take one.

Well of course. But what if eight players wanted to take one? Southgate will then select them in the order he wants.

Just now, Harryseaess said:

He was ****ed all extra time and yet Southgate kept him on and he didn’t even take a pen. Madness.

I would have subbed him at 119, but he's probably a better penalty taker than Kyle Walker so fairs fair. 

6 minutes ago, metal_guitarist said:

And here comes the “it’s all Utd players fault” as ever. **** off 

Why not ;) 2 man utd players ****ed their penalty up :p 

If I was Sterling, Grealish or Shaw I wouldn't be able to live with myself.

How can you bloody allow a 19 year old kid to shoot the 5th penalty in such game?

I wanted England to lose and I'm uspet at how awful this is compared to the actual potential of this team. :lol:

5 minutes ago, Weezer said:

Chiellini though, what a leader. Legend.

All week we’ve been slating him and Bonucci saying they were washed up and we were going to roast them all night, and they were immense

I don’t think Italy deserved it. But England weren’t nearly good enough to get a second.  Sterling didn’t turn up, Kane was rubbish, sakho’s inexperience showed. Pickford probably England’s player of the match.

Just now, GunmaN1905 said:

How can you bloody allow a 19 year old kid to shoot the 5th penalty in such game?

I wanted England to lose and I'm uspet at how awful this is compared to the actual potential of this team. :lol:

What’s your thoughts on Anderson taking a penalty in the 2008 CL shootout ahead of Giggs?

Just now, SouthCoastRed said:

All week we’ve been slating him and Bonucci saying they were washed up and we were going to roast them all night, and they were immense

I think it helped that Kane was closer to playing as our sweeper rather than striker.

Second half was poor especially, no doubt Italy deserved the win, but I don't think the performance was as bad as people suggesting. Was mainly the second half we completely fell apart for a long time. We regained a little bit of control after the equaliser at least unlike 3 years ago, so improvement I suppose :D 

So many situations where we were in the box or around the box and the pass was wrong or whatever. This is a young group and I'm optimistic for the future. 

1 minute ago, GunmaN1905 said:

Players don’t pick who takes them, manager does. Southgate will say Saka has scored every one in training.

3 minutes ago, Mr Adam said:

Not read any of this thread or the internet 

so proud of this team. Great effort. And have now grouped around the players that missed

football did come home. Well done lads

People in England are unbelievable fickle though. Southgate made some shocking decisions tonight but I trust him to finally learn from his mistakes and come out of it better. Going after the players is just pathetic. I think we exceeded expectations getting to the final and it gives us a real reason to have hope for 2022. But it's 100% nailed on that the fans and the media are going to turn on specific individuals and try to destroy them. It's the English way: build them up so we can tear them down.

I can't be too disappointed in going all the way to penalties in the final, especially as Italy deserved it both on the basis of the match and tournament. Maybe we could have snatched it but you could argue at least as much that they could have as well when they were firmly on top.  Well, goodnight everyone.

2 minutes ago, SouthCoastRed said:

Experience mixed with that sort of talent is a formidable package

Just now, Pukey said:

Second half was poor especially, no doubt Italy deserved the win, but I don't think the performance was as bad as people suggesting.

How many shots on target did we have? I agree some people are going a little too far, but we created nothing.

1 minute ago, Heartwork said:

People in England are unbelievable fickle though. Southgate made some shocking decisions tonight but I trust him to finally learn from his mistakes and come out of it better. Going after the players is just pathetic. I think we exceeded expectations getting to the final and it gives us a real reason to have hope for 2022. 

Considering it's only next year, then surely still have to continue especially with the team cohesion