Match 51 THE FINAL: Italy vs England - 8pm Sunday BBC1 AND ITV1 LIVE FROM WEMBLEY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Astafjevs said:

England were the better team I thought. But they didn't create much since the goal. Not even sure they had a shot. We're getting into a bit more, just need to pick up in the 2nd half where we left the 1st

We didn't have a shot after the goal, no. Which felt weird because it still felt like we had "chances" so to speak.

Just now, Nordan said:

England in complete control (couple of scares). Didn't create a lot though, kinda meh for the neutral.

Being neutral, I disagree. England started like lightning, Italy have battled their way back into it. This still could go either way. 

Just now, Harryseaess said:

You think he’s playing well? What position is he playing because it definitely isn’t striker.

He's a world class striker, you keep him on unless hes injured. He's been involved in plenty of build up.

The only change I'd make is Saka for Mount.

Just now, Pukey said:

No idea how people can want Kane off either.

I don't want him off, I just want someone with pace to get into the box when he's too deep to get there. Take Mount off, put Sancho/Grealish/Rashford on, let Sterling go central (or Rashford, if he's the one brought on)

England have been superb. Absolutely superb. Apart from Chiesa's amazing run and shot, they've gotten nowhere near breaching the defence. The England goal was a great counter attacking move, finished off by the left back. 

Unless Italy can find something different, it's home.

1 minute ago, Pukey said:

He's dropping deep which has caused them issues at times. 

1 minute ago, Haguey said:

He's a world class striker, you keep him on unless hes injured. He's been involved in plenty of build up.

The only change I'd make is Saka for Mount.

The dropping deep is fine as long as he makes those runs to be the pinpoint of the attack when it’s needed. I don’t think he’s done that.

A few crosses we’ve had and there’s only Sterling in the box.

3 minutes ago, Harryseaess said:

You think he’s playing well? What position is he playing because it definitely isn’t striker.

He's had chiellini all game, been the best playmaker in the CAM/striker spots, held the ball really well. 

Only downside is he's not making those no.9 runs as madsheep said, he's doing alot of work on the ball than off it. 

Just now, VP. said:

you should take every advantage possible to win

Perfect. So, why didn't you like the suggestion from @DJ?

I got a heavy knee injury a month ago and still suffer because of it. So, yeah. Only a moron could wish an injury on some other person. 

To be honest, that is "fine" as there are lots of morons and in some of my actions in life I am also a moron. But what is even worse is refusing to acknowledge such behaviour and trying to defend it by saying that it's fine. 

4 minutes ago, VP. said:

Why haven't you answered me from earlier  (if it wasn't you I quoted I apologise) saying why is it OK to be happy if an oppositions best players are injured before a match but not during it? As there is absolutely no difference, the player still misses the game

Wasn't me. I totally agree with you here. It's totally the same. Same awful thing to wish.

And yeah, I really believe that the players from the England team would prefer that the opposition players don't get injured. I hope it is so, surely.

I really struggle to believe we have a discussion if it is acceptable to wish physical harm on other people. It's 2021 ffs.

Don’t need to take Kane off, just need to get some more runners around him. Mount is a superb player, just don’t like it when he’s played RW/LW in this formation as he can’t do that. When he’s central, he’s runs are superb. Just in no mans land when he’s playing wide. Might be doing a job pressing/disciplined in slotting back deep, but it takes one attacking threat away.

Just now, BigV said:

He's had chiellini all game, been the best playmaker in the CAM/striker spots, held the ball really well. 

Only downside is he's not making those no.9 runs as madsheep said, he's doing alot of work on the ball than off it. 

Which makes Mount's role vital. And he's not been great, and TBF it's really not his game. 

It was a half of two halves.

England started on fire and for the first 20 minutes or so they were finding space and passes with ease, but then Italy came back and just seemed to have extra players on the pitch to shut out those passes England were making before and close down the England players so much more.

There has been plenty of niggling going on from both sides and the refs been in the way too many times interfering with attacking plays from both sides, 

England need to find that gear from the first 20 minutes and make Italy exhaust themselves to a point like Denmark were.

Just now, Baptista_8 said:

Kane's been fine tbf, he might be dropping deep but he's actually contributing doing so. Played a couple of nice passes to get us into good positions.

Absolutely. It's Mount who is struggling, but it's not his style TBF. Needs to make more of those runs. 

1 minute ago, Baptista_8 said:

Kane's been fine tbf, he might be dropping deep but he's actually contributing doing so. Played a couple of nice passes to get us into good positions.

Kane dropping deep is good if we still have the lead. It might become a problem if it’s 1-1