Match 51 THE FINAL: Italy vs England - 8pm Sunday BBC1 AND ITV1 LIVE FROM WEMBLEY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, The Amazing Dale Watkins said:

Italy is being thoroughly outplayed and have no answers. Who said Mancini is the better tactician? We'll see what he comes up with at halftime

Hmm. Not anymore. They have the ball more. The last two attacking actions by England ended in not rewarded dives. England will be glad the half is over. 

Just now, Rob1981 said:

Starting to drop deep now. Win the ball, try and hit Harry Kane on the halfway line, then it comes straight back again. Only a matter of time until we bring Owen Hargreaves on.

Never score early. Unless its Ukraine.

1 minute ago, Heartwork said:

Definitely need a Sancho/Grealish/Rashford. Someone else with pace and control of the ball to get in behind when Kane goes deep.

This is the big difference between Kane and what Rooney used to do. We don't see enough of Kane getting to the box afterwards. Rooney was very very good at arriving late after starting it

Just now, themadsheep2001 said:

This is the big difference between Kane and what Rooney used to do. We don't see enough of Kane getting to the box afterwards. Rooney was very very good at arriving late after starting it

If Sancho or Grealish come on it would allow Sterling to stay more central and get into the box when we do get the chance to break.

2 minutes ago, outlander said:

Come one, man. You just said that you hope that a player is being knocked again on the existing injury, so that he would be out of one of the biggest games of his career. 

Obivously, it's a totally different scale to wishing death but it's exactly the same direction of moral values. 

No it isn't,  I speak as someone who played the game for 20 odd years and knows that you should take every advantage possible to win. And if you think Southgate and the players wouldn't be happy to see him go off then you don't understand football I'm afraid.

Why haven't you answered me from earlier  (if it wasn't you I quoted I apologise) saying why is it OK to be happy if an oppositions best players are injured before a match but not during it? As there is absolutely no difference, the player still misses the game

1 minute ago, pearcey_90 said:

Kane having another of his games where he looks injured :D 

Kanes first instinct always seems to be "how can I win a free kick here", then if nobody touches him he looks a bit lost on these occasions. 

Last 25 mins of that half were fascinating. Italy below their best - but watching them keep possession about midway into England's half, prodding for an opening against a really organised and well-drilled defence, has been a really interesting watch for a neutral.