So, I have this guy since he's 15 or 16, he keeps training hard and progressing fast. He just got is 20 Technique.

I play in a 4 3 3 DM Wide with 1 AP(A) - 1 BTB, and IF(S) on sides. 

He has amazing stats as a playmaker, expect for the pretty low Teamwork. But he is fairly slow, so I don't see him play as an AP(A).

Where would you play him ? Would you make him fit the formation or would you make a formation around him ?

Wonderkid.thumb.png.da6c5bd3a8352a3d257a8165a08f54ee.png

He's got quite a good spread of attributes, and a decent personality for develpment. I'm assuming you'll have good personalities in your squad to keep him on track too. Reminds me a bit of a very young Cesc Fabregas, actually.

He's definitely not good enough to be a nailed on starter for you at the moment, so you're going to want to give him 15-25 minutes in games you're winning and the odd start in easy cup ties. Don't go shredding your entire system for him yet, as a lot of his supplementary attributes are lacking.

Perhaps look at how you can use training to develop some of his weaker attributes. He'll never be much use defensively, so look to mould his attributes in such a way that in a few years time when he has improved you can look at building a system around him more.

2 hours ago, bibird. said:

He's got quite a good spread of attributes, and a decent personality for develpment. I'm assuming you'll have good personalities in your squad to keep him on track too. Reminds me a bit of a very young Cesc Fabregas, actually.

He's definitely not good enough to be a nailed on starter for you at the moment, so you're going to want to give him 15-25 minutes in games you're winning and the odd start in easy cup ties. Don't go shredding your entire system for him yet, as a lot of his supplementary attributes are lacking.

Perhaps look at how you can use training to develop some of his weaker attributes. He'll never be much use defensively, so look to mould his attributes in such a way that in a few years time when he has improved you can look at building a system around him more.

Thanks for this answer. And roles wise, which one would you choose for him ? I'm thinking about AP or AM which seems to fit pretty good !

2 hours ago, Epoqx said:

Thanks for this answer. And roles wise, which one would you choose for him ? I'm thinking about AP or AM which seems to fit pretty good !

He has awful Bravery and pretty mediocre Agility, on top of being quite slow. I don't really think you can play him in the AM strata against sides that have a DM - he's going to get marked and tackled out of the game.

My inclination would honestly be to play him as a WP-S on the left, or even DLP with a hard-working partner to cover for his nonexistent defensive contribution. If you can get his Anticipation up he has the stats to play Hollywood passes all day.

I would also get rid of the Gets Into Opposition Area PM immediately if at all possible. It just doesn't jive with the rest of his toolkit.

I would use him as the AP (A) in your system. His exceptional dribbling and passing will be best utilised in that role in my opinion. He’s not the fastest, but his technique and passing should help him overcome that in difficult situations.

His Traits (Come Deep for Ball + Get into Opposition  Area) will allow him a range of vertical movement to evade any markers. Also he has great off the ball attributes to help him find pockets of space to be dangerous in. 

It would help if the other two midfielders in the team are solid defensively and can carry him in that regard.

Fabregas (Maybe Ozil in his younger days) is an apt reference for someone like this. I would probably try to get him to learn to ‘pass instead of shoot’ as a PPM to offset his finishing which is nowhere near his passing.

Edited by divij13
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm coming back after a while to show the progress made for that kiddo. He evolved the way I wanted. 

Furthermore, it's been since he is 17 that i'm trying to make him have 'curls balls' trait, even baught expensive players just to mentor him... And this is the result.

Montesantos 2.png