Basque/Spain newgens nationality issue

theomeireles

I'm creating an independent Pays Basque DB, and it's almost done, except for one detail: when the newgen is also Spanish, the Spanish nationality become the main one and the newgen can't be called for the Basque national team. This problem doesn't occour when the newgen is French (or any other nationality).

So, I want to know if there's a way to:

- Make the Basque newgens come without the Spanish nationality

or

- Allow Spanish/Basque newgens to play for the Basque national team.

(I already tried to recreate new local regions.)

idk if it's something but i've found this on club.xml:

<!-- Nation Newgen Specifications -->
      <record>
        <flags id="field" value="CNse" />
        <translation id="name" translation_id="494160" type="use" value="Nation Newgen Specifications[COMMENT: AREA: Editor; SUB-AREA: Club Editor Details; FR: 694; TONE: Formal; CHARLIMIT: None; REF-ID: n/a; NOTE: each country in the database has rules governing the type of player they tend to produce, this is a hint explaining that]" />
        <translation id="hint" translation_id="494161" type="use" value="Nation Newgen Specifications bias the nationalities of players being generated by the club.[COMMENT: AREA: Editor; SUB-AREA: Club Editor Details; FR: 694; TONE: Formal; CHARLIMIT: None; REF-ID: n/a; NOTE: each country in the database has rules governing the type of player they tend to produce, this is a hint explaining that]" />
        <boolean id="debug_only" value="true" />
        <flags id="type" value="list" />
        <record id="list_item">
          <list id="fields">

<!-- First Nation -->
            <record>
              <flags id="field" value="Fnat" />
              <translation id="name" translation_id="313127" type="use" value="First Nation[COMMENT: editor field]" />
              <flags id="type" value="database_record_unique_id" />
              <flags id="database_table_type" value="nation" />
              <boolean id="is_optional" value="true" />
            </record>

<!-- Second Nation -->
            <record>
              <flags id="field" value="Snat" />
              <translation id="name" translation_id="319641" type="use" value="Second Nation" />
              <flags id="type" value="database_record_unique_id" />
              <flags id="database_table_type" value="nation" />
              <boolean id="is_optional" value="true" />
            </record>

<!-- Percentage -->
            <record>
              <flags id="field" value="perc" />
              <translation id="name" translation_id="293035" type="use" value="Percentage" />
              <flags id="type" value="integer" />
              <integer id="min_value" value="0" />
              <integer id="max_value" value="100" />
            </record>

<!-- Ignore Second Nationality For Names -->
            <record>
              <flags id="field" value="igno" />
              <translation id="name" translation_id="493820" type="use" value="Ignore Second Nationality for Names[COMMENT: AREA: Editor; SUB-AREA: Club Editor Details; FR: 694; TONE: Formal; CHARLIMIT: None; REF-ID: n/a]" />
              <flags id="type" value="boolean" />
              <flags id="default_value" value="false" />
            </record>
          </list>
        </record>
      </record>

Have been working on that for a while, but couldn't get it going.

Newgens are created based on club, country, city and local region level is what I have seen while testing my mods. We have no way to set them up as we want though.

How have you set up your competitions and how is Basque Country setup in your edit?

On 10/07/2021 at 05:11, Wolf_pd said:

Have been working on that for a while, but couldn't get it going.

Newgens are created based on club, country, city and local region level is what I have seen while testing my mods. We have no way to set them up as we want though.

How have you set up your competitions and how is Basque Country setup in your edit?

I've enabled the Basque Country on editor and put all teams, local regions and cities based on Basque Country.

I think I will need to re-create the DB enabling some national team like Ireland Pre-22 and set it as Basque Country, because this incompatibility seems to be something hardcoded just between the Basque Country and Spain, but not with another national teams.

My only hesitation is if this setting would mess with Athletic Bilbao transfer system.

You could recreate Athletic with the previously extinct Bermuda Hogges club, they have hard-coded transfer restrictions which you should be able to set to Basque-only if their nation and based nation are both Basque

Lot more work mind you, but if you're already recreating the Basque nation anyway ;)