FM21: BODØ / GLIMT - We will make the northerners proud.

Squad Depth 

Sorry it has taken so long to get another update out, work has been absolutely manic this last week, which has not enabled me to fire up FM! Last night I loaded the game up for the first time this week, the view was to explore the squad depth and then use some analysis against player metrics to find potentials, as we look to fill any gaps going into season four.

1.thumb.PNG.842fc04dc08f896969dfd60cdce10ea6.PNG

Looking at the above in-game player depth visual which is set at current ability above two stars, you will notice that there are two/possibly three areas which are lacking depth. The one which sticks out the most is CB (right), within our system this is the role of the BPD, yes Daland is more than capable of filling this role (Passing 12, Vision 13 and Decisions 13) and at a push we could bring in Brede Moe (Passing 13, Vision 10 and Decisions 12). However, this change would be counter productive in relation to our style of play and would most definately effect our ability to play form those beautiful passing combinations as we build up play from the back. *Note - Hoibraten is the only left footed CD at the club.

Other area's which certainly could be flagged are AML and GK, however for this post I have opted to present to you how I firstly identified my targets and then how we come to making our final choice. 

Exploring the data

If you are interested in how I usually conduct my scouting/player selection you will no doubt find my piece on 'Removing the luck factor from recruitment' this piece replicates the Monchi Masterclass series, applying it to FM. For this piece we took all CB's from the Eliteserien and applied a filter against minutes played to gather the raw data for our sample. 

I opted to conduct my first analysis against metrics passes completed per 90 vs Headers w/90, these metrics were chosen as we would need for the 'back-up' signing to be comfortable on the ball and at the same time effective in winning headers (remember our LCB operates as the cover, often mopping up the second ball from the aerial duel of the RCB).

208815543_Def1.thumb.PNG.7084e21d3d48aa78169c507482dcdb01.PNG

Now as always data metrics are always impacted by the style of play of the teams which the players function under and also the quality of the side, you wouldn't expect a CB from a highly ranked side who operate with a high press to be winning as many headers as a defender who plays for a side which has less possession and deploy a deep block...just food for thought!

Looking at the above you will see our CB's who all as expected are performing above average in terms of passes completed p/90 and are under the headers won p/90 (influenced by our playing style, no doubt). I have grouped players of interest, all of which are 23 or under (Red) these are individuals who are playing above/close to the average amount of passes p/90 and all who are winning more headers p90 than our current CB's.

1352005189_Def2.thumb.PNG.a26f2d1c348d61318650488dba924a9a.PNG

The next step is to compare the headers w/90 metric with tackles w/90 to provide a different split of the data, my defenders at present are all sitting around the average so it would be wise of me to ensure my next target is at a similar caliber. 

The Scout

Once you have used the data to identify potential targets, it is time to send your best scout out to conduct an report on the player, I often go for the three game approach (this also provides a nice highlight reel, if you are keen to carry out a little eye test).

Gudjonssen.thumb.PNG.841fbd847fab520c3ac6ea513d852ef5.PNG

Arnar's jumping reach of 16 most certainly  has been a key contributor to his close to 5 headers won per 90, unfortunately the scout recommendation isn't high enough for me and doesn't feel me with the confidence that he would a worthwhile investment.

Jenssen.thumb.PNG.2db052c7a9daeb18a89d7d886cfe280c.PNG

Very one footed (right), poor technique and again the low scout recommendation was enough to put me off the signing of Jenssen from Stabaek, he was however praised for his consistency and aerial ability.

Holme.thumb.PNG.eb252b3c62c11ddba771dd2ddcc1b15b.PNG 

After only moving to Molde from Valerenga last season for £2.6 million it would be tough to secure the signature of Holme despite him scoring highly on the good old scout report.

vs.thumb.PNG.fa3f0c90345ed907da17d07057b753cb.PNG

The final two options were Sandberg and Bjortuft both are similar in terms of attributes which can be seen in the player radar, when drilling into the scout reports both enjoy big games with Sandberg 'Relishes big matches' and both are flagged as being consistent performers. The decisive factor in all honesty for this decision is price as we are looking for a back-up rather than a first choice signing. Bjortuft no doubt is an excellent player but his estimated fee of £2.5m - £3.5m is not in the region of what we would be willing to play for a player who won't be brought in to start. 

Sandberg on the other hand is estimated to cost £1.2m-£1.7m which I feel is more appropriate and therefore is the decisive factor... Erik Tobias Sandberg we are coming for you! 

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, MattyLewis11 said:

my piece on 'Removing the luck factor from recruitment' this piece replicates the Monchi Masterclass series

Not seen this before - this is a great read! Thanks for sharing.

Now as always data metrics are always impacted by the style of play of the teams which the players function under and also the quality of the side

You raise a great point here and I'm just interesting in your thought process for working around it? With a centre back it's probably easier than an attacking mid say - who'd play very differently as a playmaker/not a playmaker and in a direct/possession style.

---

This is, of course, an absolutely fantastic post and a continuation of one of my favourite threads to read!

Interesting in your approach to finding players.

Much more labor intensive than using the "Find Similar Players" or the in game search function.....which I often use, but like you I often send a scout to potential targets before buying unless it is an end of window deal. Mostly because of an unexpected player sale!

That is what just happened in my save. I had a settled team and Empoli out of no where bid for one of my starting CB's. I needed a replacement and was forced to pay for a like for like replacement from a rival.

22 minutes ago, Hootieleece said:

Interesting in your approach to finding players.

Much more labor intensive than using the "Find Similar Players" or the in game search function.....which I often use, but like you I often send a scout to potential targets before buying unless it is an end of window deal. Mostly because of an unexpected player sale!

That is what just happened in my save. I had a settled team and Empoli out of no where bid for one of my starting CB's. I needed a replacement and was forced to pay for a like for like replacement from a rival.

All about squeezing every bit of juice from the game....I enjoy spending just as much time outside of FM scrolling through data to help me make these in-game choices! 

Bit of a data geek here I am afraid...nothing at all wrong with using those functions but in my head I must clearly pretend that I am Monchi lol! 

1 hour ago, _Ben_ said:

Not seen this before - this is a great read! Thanks for sharing.

You raise a great point here and I'm just interesting in your thought process for working around it? With a centre back it's probably easier than an attacking mid say - who'd play very differently as a playmaker/not a playmaker and in a direct/possession style.

---

This is, of course, an absolutely fantastic post and a continuation of one of my favourite threads to read!

This Monchi replication has to be one of my favorite posts from FM21 along with my replication of Allegri's UEFA Pro Thesis there are plenty of interesting blogs on this account which document my OGC Nice save (well worth a read IMO).

I will try and get my thoughts down on paper @_Ben_ in relation to adjusting metrics which will hopefully show you how I at least look to ensure metrics are a little fairer. 

9 hours ago, MattyLewis11 said:

Squad Depth 

Sorry it has taken so long to get another update out, work has been absolutely manic this last week, which has not enabled me to fire up FM! Last night I loaded the game up for the first time this week, the view was to explore the squad depth and then use some analysis against player metrics to find potentials, as we look to fill any gaps going into season four.

1.thumb.PNG.842fc04dc08f896969dfd60cdce10ea6.PNG

Looking at the above in-game player depth visual which is set at current ability above two stars, you will notice that there are two/possibly three areas which are lacking depth. The one which sticks out the most is CB (right), within our system this is the role of the BPD, yes Daland is more than capable of filling this role (Passing 12, Vision 13 and Decisions 13) and at a push we could bring in Brede Moe (Passing 13, Vision 10 and Decisions 12). However, this change would be counter productive in relation to our style of play and would most definately effect our ability to play form those beautiful passing combinations as we build up play from the back. *Note - Hoibraten is the only left footed CD at the club.

Other area's which certainly could be flagged are AML and GK, however for this post I have opted to present to you how I firstly identified my targets and then how we come to making our final choice. 

Exploring the data

If you are interested in how I usually conduct my scouting/player selection you will no doubt find my piece on 'Removing the luck factor from recruitment' this piece replicates the Monchi Masterclass series, applying it to FM. For this piece we took all CB's from the Eliteserien and applied a filter against minutes played to gather the raw data for our sample. 

I opted to conduct my first analysis against metrics passes completed per 90 vs Headers w/90, these metrics were chosen as we would need for the 'back-up' signing to be comfortable on the ball and at the same time effective in winning headers (remember our LCB operates as the cover, often mopping up the second ball from the aerial duel of the RCB).

208815543_Def1.thumb.PNG.7084e21d3d48aa78169c507482dcdb01.PNG

Now as always data metrics are always impacted by the style of play of the teams which the players function under and also the quality of the side, you wouldn't expect a CB from a highly ranked side who operate with a high press to be winning as many headers as a defender who plays for a side which has less possession and deploy a deep block...just food for thought!

Looking at the above you will see our CB's who all as expected are performing above average in terms of passes completed p/90 and are under the headers won p/90 (influenced by our playing style, no doubt). I have grouped players of interest, all of which are 23 or under (Red) these are individuals who are playing above/close to the average amount of passes p/90 and all who are winning more headers p90 than our current CB's.

1352005189_Def2.thumb.PNG.a26f2d1c348d61318650488dba924a9a.PNG

The next step is to compare the headers w/90 metric with tackles w/90 to provide a different split of the data, my defenders at present are all sitting around the average so it would be wise of me to ensure my next target is at a similar caliber. 

The Scout

Once you have used the data to identify potential targets, it is time to send your best scout out to conduct an report on the player, I often go for the three game approach (this also provides a nice highlight reel, if you are keen to carry out a little eye test).

Gudjonssen.thumb.PNG.841fbd847fab520c3ac6ea513d852ef5.PNG

Arnar's jumping reach of 16 most certainly  has been a key contributor to his close to 5 headers won per 90, unfortunately the scout recommendation isn't high enough for me and doesn't feel me with the confidence that he would a worthwhile investment.

Jenssen.thumb.PNG.2db052c7a9daeb18a89d7d886cfe280c.PNG

Very one footed (right), poor technique and again the low scout recommendation was enough to put me off the signing of Jenssen from Stabaek, he was however praised for his consistency and aerial ability.

Holme.thumb.PNG.eb252b3c62c11ddba771dd2ddcc1b15b.PNG 

After only moving to Molde from Valerenga last season for £2.6 million it would be tough to secure the signature of Holme despite him scoring highly on the good old scout report.

vs.thumb.PNG.fa3f0c90345ed907da17d07057b753cb.PNG

The final two options were Sandberg and Bjortuft both are similar in terms of attributes which can be seen in the player radar, when drilling into the scout reports both enjoy big games with Sandberg 'Relishes big matches' and both are flagged as being consistent performers. The decisive factor in all honesty for this decision is price as we are looking for a back-up rather than a first choice signing. Bjortuft no doubt is an excellent player but his estimated fee of £2.5m - £3.5m is not in the region of what we would be willing to play for a player who won't be brought in to start. 

Sandberg on the other hand is estimated to cost £1.2m-£1.7m which I feel is more appropriate and therefore is the decisive factor... Erik Tobias Sandberg we are coming for you! 

I have had both players at Odd sandberg actually replaced Hagen my club captain at the heart of the defence and soon toon the armband. Was an absolute rock for me. Odin left for China after 2 good seasons was a very classy defender 

54 minutes ago, SixPointer said:

I have had both players at Odd sandberg actually replaced Hagen my club captain at the heart of the defence and soon toon the armband. Was an absolute rock for me. Odin left for China after 2 good seasons was a very classy defender 

This is very promising to hear @SixPointerhopefully he can step up when needed and also continue to progress into a starter in seasons to come! 

8 hours ago, SixPointer said:

Just read about that, in around page 4-5 too :D

Posted (edited)

Pressing

After being set some homework by @Matt_1979 in his piece, which explored if certain attributes can be associated with effective pressers, I have looked to carry out a bit of an analysis within my save to see if I can find any answers.

Creating a new in-game view would be essential for this task and I opted to select the following metrics;

Tackles Won

Interceptions

Fouls

These would be totalled to calculate defensive actions per player, I then made this a per 90 metric by dividing by minutes played and multiplied by 90. 

25109974_Press1.PNG.c0c60cd127a7aa1aa99b64d8e5a0e6a7.PNG

This gave me the above table, my best player in terms of defensive actions is Attacking Wing-Back Fredrik Bjorkan, whilst my worst (excluding GKs) is my strikers who operated in the role of a Poacher for the most of the season. 

Taking the top nine (should have taken 10) I then cut their mental and physical attributes to see if any stood out, these I could associate with a high defensive action contribution.

1858755613_Press2.thumb.PNG.c7f30bf5f46e2c867291d4376544d73c.PNG

After smashing on the good old conditional formatting and paying attention to the bottom row (totals) you will see the following attributes pop;

Anticipation

Determination

Teamwork

Work Rate

Acceleration

Agility

Natural Fitness

Pace

Stamina

When reading through the list, I do not disagree that all of the above are attributes which I would associate with a player who would be effective in a pressing system. If you wanted to refine the above for scouting purposes I would suggest using the attributes which scored over 120 as a benchmark (bold) to ensure you secure a range of players. I would set the search to look for 13 or above as this was the average for each.

I hope you are happy with that Matt, I shall await my grade! 

Edited by MattyLewis11

Pressing

After being set some homework by @Matt_1979 in his piece, which explored if certain attributes can be associated with effective pressers, I have looked to carry out a bit of an analysis within my save to see if I can find any answers.

Creating a new in-game view would be essential for this task and I opted to select the following metrics;

Tackles Won

Interceptions

Fouls

These would be totalled to calculate defensive actions per player, I then made this a per 90 metric by dividing by minutes played and multiplied by 90. 

25109974_Press1.PNG.c0c60cd127a7aa1aa99b64d8e5a0e6a7.PNG

This gave me the above table, my best player in terms of defensive actions is Attacking Wing-Back Fredrik Bjorkan, whilst my worst (excluding GKs) is my strikers who operated in the role of a Poacher for the most of the season. 

Taking the top nine (should have taken 10) I then cut their mental and physical attributes to see if any stood out, these I could associate with a high defensive action contribution.

1858755613_Press2.thumb.PNG.c7f30bf5f46e2c867291d4376544d73c.PNG

After smashing on the good old conditional formatting and paying attention to the bottom row (totals) you will see the following attributes pop;

Anticipation

Determination

Teamwork

Work Rate

Acceleration

Agility

Natural Fitness

Pace

Stamina

When reading through the list, I do not disagree that all of the above are attributes which I would associate with a player who would be effective in a pressing system. If you wanted to refine the above for scouting purposes I would suggest using the attributes which scored over 120 as a benchmark (bold) to ensure you secure a range of players. I would set the search to look for 13 or above as this was the average for each.

I hope you are happy with that Matt, I shall await my grade! 

Excellent work. So if we just look at your attacking players, as it's a very good chance we can attribute their stats above as pressing, when the opposition are in the build up phase, rather than the others who will probably just be when actually defending we have the following:

Adingra - DA/90 = 4.69 *small sample size of minutes
Tounetki - DA/90 = 4.44
Donnum - DA/90 = 4.16
Fet - DA/90 = 4.10
Nerdal DA/90 = 3.39
Halsoy - DA=90 = 2.88
Botheim DA/90 = 1.79
Sesko- DA/90 = 1.75

Quite worrying that both strikers rank low as you'd probably expect them to have the highest in a counter-pressing system - although a poacher and DLF aren't necessarily roles which encourage persistent pressing. HOWEVER, this has at least highlighted that if you are in a game where you NEED to create a hard press you know you can adjust the roles.

Looking at their attributes, I've often seen aggression touted as a key pressing requirement but Adingra only has 9, Tounetki only has 6 and Dommun 8 so I think we can rule that one out. Same for bravery. The only one I can see which they are all good at is Anticipation?

I'm going to change tactics to a counter pressing one so I can see how my team do this season.... although being promoted to La Liga and expecting to be in a relegation scrap it may not be a good idea!!

Long time! Just caught up with this and had a read through on your recruitment model - excellent read. Really interesting to note that this is the process used by Monchi IRL as well. I hope you can stay successful in your efforts to develop Bodo and Norwegian football! 

Season Four

We enter season four with the expectation on our shoulders to lift the Eliteserien title for the fourth season in a row! Given the complexities of last season this years league could go one of either two ways! 

image.thumb.png.ed18a4615e15d7237ddd99462293cc6d.png

Looking at the top ten transfers from the league during the off season Lillestrom look like they will be in for a tough season as they lost three players, the £6.4 million made on these sales has yet to been re-invested into playing staff. 

Molde have strengthened their spine with the acquisitions of Kolskogen and Hiljemark, whilst Kristiansund waved goodbye to Max Williamsen who leaves for Paris for a nifty £6.5 million.

1.thumb.PNG.cfa7ae155d6a94a6fc4c71d4652d6edb.PNG

In our opening fixtures we made light work of Rosenborg, Donnum helping himself to the match ball whilst the points were much harder to secure away against the team we initially picked to struggle! Halsoy scoring at the death after new signing Thorstvedt (£240k) pulled us level...a superb come-back win! 

Odds, last years big hope were brushed aside from an early goal by Simon Adingra, the 21-year-old Ivorian will be getting a bit more football in the All Yellow of Glimt this season in the AML (IF role) considering the lack of cover for Tounekti.

Europa League

The start of the season also is the climax of the European schedule, this year because of the World Cup the both the first and second knockout rounds were reduced to one-legged affairs to save on the already condecnced fixture list, this played into our hands considering we secured a home tie due to topping our group. Tounekti scored a brace to ensure we progressed to the Quarter Finals in which we faced Napoli.

We some how escaped from the Diego Maradona in Naples with only conceding the single goal, Napoli had 15 shots in the game compared to our 6 and probably should have put the tie to bed if Lorenzo Insigne had brought the right boots. The Italian had six shots in the game and only hit the target once! In the return leg we thought we were going to extra time after Thiago Holm pulled us level but in the 91st minute Sesko manged to find the burst of energy to get onto a wayward pass from Holm and slot it past an on-rushing Alex Meret. 

We were through to our first ever semi-final...can the boys dream? 

Short answer...not likely...Club Brugge's direct play secured a 2-0 victory for the home side in the first leg, despite the score the tie was alot more even than reflected we had an xG of 1.93 whilst they finished with 2.41. Saltnes could and should have given us the lead, but he decided to miss his penalty in the 19th minute.

2.thumb.PNG.6c0a3e51a5097b0253e84437e4d109a0.PNG

The month ahead, as usual I will update you on my progress once it is completed...sorry it's been a tad slow over the past week, work has been fairly hectic. 

3.thumb.PNG.63692b4f5d857bf99b893f33c9e51b53.PNG

Edited by MattyLewis11

5 hours ago, Matt_1979 said:

He's back!! Nice update and fingers crossed that's the only time you're able to get more than a semi.

Ooh-eer! :brock: :D

Alright, alright. I’ll get my coat.

10 hours ago, Sonic Youth said:

Ahem.

So Napoli are no problem but Club Brugge is :onmehead:

Not the way round I’d have thought would occur.

Crossing fingers for a 3+ to nil win :thup:

The joys of the game, in the other match (trying not to word it to get @Matt_1979 excited) Hoffenheim are leading Atalanta! 

Let's hope we can overturn the deficit and secure our first major European final. 

On 03/09/2021 at 17:15, MattyLewis11 said:

The joys of the game, in the other match (trying not to word it to get @Matt_1979 excited) Hoffenheim are leading Atalanta! 

Let's hope we can overturn the deficit and secure our first major European final. 

Best of luck!

May 2023

We are back from Norway with a little update from the second full month of our fourth season in charge with Glimt, what do I have in store for you today...well no better way to kick things off than with the outcome of our Semi Final second leg Europa League fixture against Club Brugge.

After losing the away leg 2-0 thanks to a two minute double whammy from the Belgium side we had it all to do in the home leg.

The home support had their nerves settled in the 25th minute when Sesko scored from a Donnum corner, this early goal meant that we had plenty of time to attempt to build on the scoreline and there would be no need to alter our mentality.

image.png.2e58ba991a1e5ce949d9565600aeb7e5.png

The above image shows our shot map for the 90 minutes, you can see how we were creating many chances within the opponents area, Brugge's keeper  Simon Mignolet was having an absolute blinder saving many of our shots.

image.png.c8d29a0a17c59d9c80fc34a7651980d8.png

In contrast Brugge were again creating good chances but their lads had forgot to bring their shooting boots with a large proportion of shots off target.

image.png.0b6a8280adfd6c5eec29e40163bdcce7.png

In the 91st minute a lovely build up down the right-flank from a throw-in resulted in Botheim scoring, this would take the tie into extra-time...could we secure our first ever European final?

Per Nerdal unfortunately recieved marching orders within the first minute of extra time, Brugge struck immediately putting the game to bed and breaking our hearts in the process.

image.png.9e23af883f4d8334cf059c691261601b.png

The Eliteserien

image.thumb.png.b82807714031ebcc8a64205ad3d7362a.png

We continued the league form very much along the lines of the whole save, dominating opponents...although some of the above scorelines doesn't reflect that (late win against Haugesund). I thought I would take a leaf out of @Matt_1979 book by highlighting our offensive dominance.

Offense.PNG.deb433800d0417f3d2890cbf7c4167a9.PNG

Plenty of first places on display here, the usual shots on target/conversion rate to improve on so no doubt some more training with a focus on chance conversion, the biggest surprise is that we have completed the most passes in the league but only rank third in relation to possession. 

image.png.0609f2f60185beff4d9c10b1d5424c17.png

Odds and Molde will absolutely push us hard again this season....especially given the fact that a certain Tjaland has broken into their first team and has hit the ground at 100mph! 

image.thumb.png.4b6c2ff49fb1f916ea7f14fd838293d7.png

The month of June will see us come up against the historic target, we will report back on completion.

image.thumb.png.0415288e4ec3fa29e55be73d3e55d568.png

May 2023

We are back from Norway with a little update from the second full month of our fourth season in charge with Glimt, what do I have in store for you today...well no better way to kick things off than with the outcome of our Semi Final second leg Europa League fixture against Club Brugge.

After losing the away leg 2-0 thanks to a two minute double whammy from the Belgium side we had it all to do in the home leg.

The home support had their nerves settled in the 25th minute when Sesko scored from a Donnum corner, this early goal meant that we had plenty of time to attempt to build on the scoreline and there would be no need to alter our mentality.

image.png.2e58ba991a1e5ce949d9565600aeb7e5.png

The above image shows our shot map for the 90 minutes, you can see how we were creating many chances within the opponents area, Brugge's keeper  Simon Mignolet was having an absolute blinder saving many of our shots.

image.png.c8d29a0a17c59d9c80fc34a7651980d8.png

In contrast Brugge were again creating good chances but their lads had forgot to bring their shooting boots with a large proportion of shots off target.

image.png.0b6a8280adfd6c5eec29e40163bdcce7.png

In the 91st minute a lovely build up down the right-flank from a throw-in resulted in Botheim scoring, this would take the tie into extra-time...could we secure our first ever European final?

Per Nerdal unfortunately recieved marching orders within the first minute of extra time, Brugge struck immediately putting the game to bed and breaking our hearts in the process.

image.png.9e23af883f4d8334cf059c691261601b.png

The Eliteserien

image.thumb.png.b82807714031ebcc8a64205ad3d7362a.png

We continued the league form very much along the lines of the whole save, dominating opponents...although some of the above scorelines doesn't reflect that (late win against Haugesund). I thought I would take a leaf out of @Matt_1979 book by highlighting our offensive dominance.

Offense.PNG.deb433800d0417f3d2890cbf7c4167a9.PNG

Plenty of first places on display here, the usual shots on target/conversion rate to improve on so no doubt some more training with a focus on chance conversion, the biggest surprise is that we have completed the most passes in the league but only rank third in relation to possession. 

image.png.0609f2f60185beff4d9c10b1d5424c17.png

Odds and Molde will absolutely push us hard again this season....especially given the fact that a certain Tjaland has broken into their first team and has hit the ground at 100mph! 

image.thumb.png.4b6c2ff49fb1f916ea7f14fd838293d7.png

The month of June will see us come up against the historic target, we will report back on completion.

image.thumb.png.0415288e4ec3fa29e55be73d3e55d568.png

Unlucky in the Euro cup. 😫

27 minutes ago, MattyLewis11 said:

At the current pace of play I think I may struggle to get another chance prior to FM22. 

Well you've got around a month before the Beta..... so you need to pick the pace up a bit!!  You can defo win it with a bit of luck.

Have you immediately transfer listed the player who got sent off?

3 hours ago, Matt_1979 said:

Well you've got around a month before the Beta..... so you need to pick the pace up a bit!!  You can defo win it with a bit of luck.

Absolutely not, he was the cream of the crop from the youth intake from our first season. 

To be fair the best team won and they pushed Atalanta all the way to extra time in the final losing 3-2 after extra time.

Now to navigate the transfer window and hopefully a nice increase in the coefficients for both club and country. 

19 hours ago, Matt_1979 said:

And here I thought fining him and all those things including sending to the reserves/u18’s would be enough :eek:

So close in Europe, with a lovely map made by your equaliser against Brugge :thup:

Next season with strengthening in places you need (depth?), and as mentioned some luck, could be your year.

That was also a lot of away fixtures in a row in the league!

On 11/09/2021 at 13:15, Sonic Youth said:

So close in Europe, with a lovely map made by your equaliser against Brugge :thup:

Next season with strengthening in places you need (depth?), and as mentioned some luck, could be your year.

That was also a lot of away fixtures in a row in the league!

Close but no cigar my friend, yeah strange to have to play away from home four times in a row! The only bonus is that later on in the season we will be rewarded with a long run of home fixtures! 

On 13/09/2021 at 04:50, karanhsingh said:

That's really unlucky in the europa brugge was probably a beatable opposition as well! Hope you can make it far again next season mate. Great effort for a Norwegian team nonetheless 

Certainly beatable, but  they deserved it over the two legs and were v unfortunate not to lift the trophy! 

image.png.ec41d39e45c22bda19a18a5b75a88d4a.png

What a moment, the Eliteserien has moved up a whopping eight places in the league reputation rankings and now sit just two spaces outside of the top 10. 

image.thumb.png.2ce7d75e9640c6dd94319006e94c9637.png

As for Glimt we have moved up 50 places to 45th position, there are some big clubs with a rich footballing history inside the top 40 with the likes of Milan (36th), Sporting (33rd), Valencia (31st) and Benfica (30th). 

image.png.1c27d41d3a8135a87f165fccb4f5f216.png

Saving the best for last, this one matters...we are now a top 10 country in relation to the nation club coefficients! As of 2024/25 Norway has secured direct access to the UCL group stage! A proud moment for me on the save! 

14 hours ago, SixPointer said:

Lovely to catch up with the analysis mans stuff!! 
As I’ve arrived back in Norway this evening, I’m currently watching Bodo destroy Zorya I the conference league a performance you’d be proud off! 

I watched the game on BT and was really impressed with the intensity of the team, Pellegrino's goal......wow!