Match 50: England vs Denmark - 8pm (bst) ITV1 LIVE FROM WEMBLEY !!!!!!!!!!

1 minute ago, Travis Bickle said:

If fans chant something racist, and it's audible, then it doesn't matter how many do it, the team gets punished/criticised.

I find the booing of national anthems fundamentally disrespectful and could easily be classed as xenophobic. Same thing with that "German Bombers" song, which to be fair, the FA explicitly told fans not to chant.

Still, it's extremely disrespectful and I think England should be punished for it. 

Were the turkish "fans" punished for booing and whistling literally the whole game through, beginning with the anthem and every time the opponent had the ball?

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Travis Bickle said:

It was one of those that if it goes for you, you say nothing, and if it goes against you, you're outraged. Alan Shearer pretty much echoed this sentiment. 

I really think those saying it was a clear penalty should imagine how they'd react if Denmark was awarded that penalty. 

Anyway, will be an interesting final. 

I definitely don't think it could be seen as a "clear" penalty. It's just nowhere being an obviously terrible decision like some are making out.

And once it's given, I think it's "clear" that VAR won't overrule it. Not the VAR at this tournament at least.

The decision itself could have gone either way. I'm also pretty certain that if it had gone the other way, Gunman and Yuko would be in here telling us why it was a penalty and how the rest of the world hates England because we are bad losers.

Edited by Mr Adam

Just now, Mr Adam said:

I definitely don't think it could be seen as a "clear" penalty. It's just nowhere being an obviously terrible decision like some are making out.

And once it's given, I think it's "clear" that VAR won't overrule it. Not the VAR at this tournament at least.

The decision itself could have gone either way. I'm also pretty certain that if it had gone the other way, Gunman and Yuko would be in here telling us why it was a penalty and how the rest of the world hates England because we are bad losers.

Said as much last night about Gunman

Pretty obvious what we'll face in terms of referee decisions in the final, seeing how the referee pushed england yesterday. A shame, really. Hopefully we'll win vs 12 opponents.

Just now, DMaster2 said:

Pretty obvious what we'll face in terms of referee decisions in the final, seeing how the referee pushed england yesterday. A shame, really. Hopefully we'll win vs 12 opponents.

that's it get your excuses in now.

Just now, DMaster2 said:

Why, are you denying this by any chance?

Am I denying that the refs all secretly want England to win? Yes. The refs are part of the rest of the world that hates England remember :D

Did Hungary get any punishment for their fans blatant homophobic and xenophobic chants and signs?

But England get hit for a single laser pen....OK it was at a crucial moment...but still. 

1 minute ago, DMaster2 said:

I can see why you’d think he would favour us to try and make up for yesterday’s trying to get Denmark through. I mean the free kick he gave them, not disallowing said free kick for an infringement in the wall and then denying Kane a clear pen was pretty bad tbf.

Posted (edited)

European friends - you can't have it both ways. You can't say "everyone hates England because..." and then at the same time say that the management committee of UEFA and all the foreign refs love us and want us to win.

Edited by Mr Adam

1 minuto fa, Crazy_Ivan ha scritto:

Is he denying a conspiracy that you have made up in your head?

He's denying that you guys would end up in the penalty lottery without a clear push from the referee in your favour. And that in the final, again at Wembley, we all know how the referee will behave when in doubt. I've watched football for 30 years now and i know how these things go. Our only hope is to be better than a 12 men team.

Just now, DMaster2 said:

He's denying that you guys would end up in the penalty lottery without a clear push from the referee in your favour. And that in the final, again at Wembley, we all know how the referee will behave when in doubt. I've watched football for 30 years now and i know how these things go. Our only hope is to be better than a 12 men team.

But buddy football isn't corrupt everywhere, just Italy. Have more faith.

I will never understanding why people thinking "I disagree with that refereeing decision" suddenly means there's a massive conspiracy. We've had one contentious (but nowhere near as controversial as people are making out) decision and all of a sudden there's some evil conspiracy to have England win the tournament because...idk, money maybe?

2 minutes ago, DMaster2 said:

nah, England would have scored if they didn't get the penalty as Denmark were completely done

gaps were opening up and it was only a matter of time.  Denmark were playing for penalties when they made the 3 subs I feel

Just now, DMaster2 said:

Yesterday was a good example.

The Dutch referee from yesterday was guaranteed two tickets to the Spice Girls reunion if he was able to brush aside his hatred of the English and make sure we win. 

The feckin' idiot nearly shot himself in the foot every time he awarded Denmark a free kick on the edge of our area.

3 minutes ago, DMaster2 said:

I mean, we were very clearly the better team and even without the penalty we were looking incredibly likely to win, but please, keep telling yourself that it was a conspiracy.

1 minute ago, Pukey said:

I will never understanding why people thinking "I disagree with that refereeing decision" suddenly means there's a massive conspiracy. We've had one contentious (but nowhere near as controversial as people are making out) decision and all of a sudden there's some evil conspiracy to have England win the tournament because...idk, money maybe?

Idk about evil conspiracy, but there's quiiiiite a bit of history of home bias by referees in big international tournaments. Always easier to gently call in favour of the hosts.

Yesterday wasn't quite full blown 2002 South Korea but yeah.

In questo momento, TM ha scritto:

nah, England would have scored if they didn't get the penalty as Denmark were completely done

gaps were opening up and it was only a matter of time.  Denmark were playing for penalties when they made the 3 subs I feel

That's a big IF. What happened is that in 30 minutes of extra time you guys managed to score once, on that penalty. There is no guarantee you would've scored otherwise just like Spain didn't in their extra time despite playing better than us. And on the penalty lottery everything could've happened.

1 minute ago, TM said:

No, that's not how it works.

Had the penalty not been given, we can ignore the pattern of play and confidently assert that it was guaranteed to go to penalties and then for Denmark to progress.

• SI Staff
1 minute ago, themadsheep2001 said:

@Lucas can we make this happen?

We can, let's see how the tournament finishes out first :D 

1 minute ago, DMaster2 said:

That's a big IF. What happened is that in 30 minutes of extra time you guys managed to score once, on that penalty. There is no guarantee you would've scored otherwise just like Spain didn't in their extra time despite playing better than us. And on the penalty lottery everything could've happened.

I'm not English :D just somebody who watched the game and knew that a goal would come in extra time because Denmark kept giving the ball back as they were exhausted

Just now, Lucas said:

We can, let's see how the tournament finishes out first :D 

this thread will become even more golden if we lose the final after a clearly ridiculous decision against us

• SI Staff

I don't mean to assume some of the haters in here are English but it really does seem that some people are either sadists or just like to see the England team suffer. 

In questo momento, Mr Adam ha scritto:

this thread will become even more golden if we lose the final after a clearly ridiculous decision against us

If we end up winning due to a bad referee call i'll be the first to apologize in this forum, but i'm fairly sure i won't have to.

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Butts said:

I can see why you’d think he would favour us to try and make up for yesterday’s trying to get Denmark through. I mean the free kick he gave them, not disallowing said free kick for an infringement in the wall and then denying Kane a clear pen was pretty bad tbf.

Never expected to read so many wrongs about what can be overturned by a couple of extracts on a rulebook.

5 minutes ago, TM said:

Why didn't they then?

Edited by Yuko

Just now, DMaster2 said:

If we end up winning due to a bad referee call i'll be the first to apologize in this forum, but i'm fairly sure i won't have to.

forum will probably go down with all the "football is finished" posts to be honest :thup:

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Mr Adam said:

Gunman and Yuko will be in here telling us that bad decisions happen and we should suck it up and stop being bad losers

I've never defended bad and/or borderline corrupt refereeing decisions like last time. Never will. If this was gone the other way, you'd be fuming more than I am, yet I'd stick with this stance. Which just makes you a hypocrite. Only reason I keep coming is because you pretend that it's all fine...

Edited by Yuko

4 minutes ago, Yuko said:

Never expected to read so many wrongs about what can be overturned by a couple of extracts on a rulebook.

Why didn't they then?

I mean I’m literally a qualified referee. They’ll probably let me referee the final tbf all part of the England conspiracy.

Just now, Butts said:

I mean I’m literally a qualified referee. They’ll probably let me referee the final tbf all part of the England conspiracy.

Not the best advertisment for the quality of English referees, now is it?

1 hour ago, GunmaN1905 said:

The entire point most people are trying to argue is about VAR.

There are no reviews for fouls outside the box. Kane got at least 2 non-existant fouls while holding up the ball, too.
One of them was before Maguire's header. Happens, players cheat.

But there's absolutely no reason for this to stand with VAR.

Tweets like this are the problem, they just make people hate English fans even more.

As we've talked last night, English media and EPL fans are always trying to promote EPL as the most physical league where refs don't blow their whistle easily. Hard, but fair tackles and great sportsmaship.

Because of that, there's not a single valid excuse for English fans to argue this is a penalty.

It's not your fault it was given. Just bloody say it's a questionable refereeing decision, not even a blatant mistake, it happens and move on.
Instead the media will try to justify this dive.

Same goes for Sterling. If he said that there was contact but it was ultimately ref's decision, noone would say a word.
But he has the audacity to say it was a clear penalty, disgusting diver.

Wait till you realise that Kevin Doyle is Irish....

@Buttsjust to be clear. 

You are arguing that the Danish players interrupted the wall, when in fact they have not according to the rules (1m distance)

That Kane had a PK, despite the reason it wasn't given was an offensive foul he committed. 

You argue that Sterling PK was right, which no respected qualified ref has verified. 

On the fk, I don't remember that, probably right. The ref was bad with fouls and cautioning anyway. Maguire's header came from a non-existent Kane foul, is that part of your list?

1 minute ago, Carambau said:

What does that say about YOU then?

Who told you I don't have a refereeing license? 

Does it have to be a pissing contest or a mobbing here, can't you have proper discussions and not blinded ones? Never came across civilized discussion on this board, blimey...