Jump to content

Match 50: England vs Denmark - 8pm (bst) ITV1 LIVE FROM WEMBLEY !!!!!!!!!!


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Coulthard's Jaw said:

 

Don't see why they should start proceedings against England but they absolutely should be trying to identify the idiot in question.

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Reggiana said:

Don't see why they should start proceedings against England but they absolutely should be trying to identify the idiot in question.

Next match behind closed doors….imagine the scenes :D

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Yuko said:

Remarkable viewpoint. 

Let's not give a crap about anything if it's not directly affecting us, shall we? 

Not really what I said though is it?

If there was a debatable penalty decision in the Spain v Italy game, I'd have taken an interest in it. I would absolutely not have thrown my toys out of the pram over it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, foolsgold said:

Not really what I said though is it?

If there was a debatable penalty decision in the Spain v Italy game, I'd have taken an interest in it. I would absolutely not have thrown my toys out of the pram over it.

It kinda is. Maybe you don't mind injustice as much as you thought then. 

The only 'debatable' part here is whether or not RoW has to break it to England fans that it was a blatant non-call that has tainted their qualification to a first ever Euro final or not. The call was a disgrace considering VAR. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, foolsgold said:

Not really what I said though is it?

If there was a debatable penalty decision in the Spain v Italy game, I'd have taken an interest in it. I would absolutely not have thrown my toys out of the pram over it.

Yuko and Gunman have a thing about England. They try and deny it but the facade slips often what really pisses me off is they are pushing me in to wanting England to win on Sunday. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Look, I can completely understand people saying it's a bit soft, but the replay shows incredibly clear contact. VAR is never, ever, ever going to overturn that decision. And nor should it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, I don't think we'll give a **** whether the 'ROW' thinks it would be tainted or not.

Maybe you should stop pretending you're as unbiased as you try to make out. The anti-English sentiment seeps out of you.

Link to post
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Crazy_Ivan said:

I love how people are interpreting the rules on both of the contentious decisions. Either you have read the rules and are that biased you're glossing over them or you have no clue what you're talking about.

 

 

The rules themselves still require some sort of subjective though

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Bigwig said:

How was the Danish national anthem ‘disrupted’?  Was it just the boos or anything else?

If it was just the boos we would be charged after every game. 

Boos and fireworks apparently. Didn't see the fireworks and TBF we should be charged every game for the booing

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, ginnybob said:

Yeah, I don't think we'll give a **** whether the 'ROW' thinks it would be tainted or not.

Maybe you should stop pretending you're as unbiased as you try to make out. The anti-English sentiment seeps out of you.

Quite.

Let the mask slip and embrace the hate. There's enough to dislike about us without building an OTT narrative around the penalty.

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Pukey said:

Look, I can completely understand people saying it's a bit soft, but the replay shows incredibly clear contact. VAR is never, ever, ever going to overturn that decision. And nor should it. 

I personally don't think it should be a penalty but I think it could go either way by the how the game is currently reffed and would probably be given more often than not.

I definitely agree it's not one for VAR, in cricket I think it would be Umpire's Call.

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, themadsheep2001 said:

The rules themselves still require some sort of subjective though

Yeah but "He was already going down before contact" does not chalk off a penalty. Neither is the wording in the freekick rule. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Crazy_Ivan said:

Yeah but "He was already going down before contact" does not chalk off a penalty. Neither is the wording in the freekick rule. 

Oh I agree. The fact that he is going down/not going down is entirely irrelevant.

Link to post
Share on other sites

It was one of those that if it goes for you, you say nothing, and if it goes against you, you're outraged. Alan Shearer pretty much echoed this sentiment. 

I really think those saying it was a clear penalty should imagine how they'd react if Denmark was awarded that penalty. 

Anyway, will be an interesting final. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

might be a bad idea to boo the Italian anthem on Sunday as I expect that would just pump the Italian players up more

Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Travis Bickle said:

It was one of those that if it goes for you, you say nothing, and if it goes against you, you're outraged. Alan Shearer pretty much echoed this sentiment. 

I really think those saying it was a clear penalty should imagine how they'd react if Denmark was awarded that penalty. 

Anyway, will be an interesting final. 

Probably Hand of God v2, Danish player falling gets branded as 'cheat' and the English bitter about it 30 years later. 

Edited by Marius_R
Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, TM said:

might be a bad idea to boo the Italian anthem on Sunday as I expect that would just pump the Italian players up more

they very much seem to be scared before matches thats why they shout the anthem out so loudly to reassure themselves. I did too that when I was a kid.

Edited by Carambau
Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Marius_R said:

Probably Hand of God v2, Danish player falling get branded as 'cheat' and the English bitter about it 30 years later. 

Urs Meier probably, tabloids would find the details of the player and get people to send them death threats

Link to post
Share on other sites

It's wrong, and we should have been charged before now (I've never seen it happen so regularly with any other group of fans) but how can the FA stop England fans booing every opposing teams national anthem? Eventually it will end up in a crowd ban for a qualifying game at Wembley (not the final obviously) but even that won't stop them doing that. Laser pens can be sorted by searching every fan entering Wembley (unless they use kids to smuggle them in?), but its difficult to cut out booing.

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, themadsheep2001 said:

Oh I agree. The fact that he is going down is entirely irrelevant.

He wasn’t even going down he takes another step after the kick then gets taken down by the hip :D

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, TM said:

Urs Meier probably, tabloids would find the details of the player and get people to send them death threats

Ah yes, we've been there, done that. :D

Link to post
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, ginnybob said:

Yeah, I don't think we'll give a **** whether the 'ROW' thinks it would be tainted or not.

Maybe you should stop pretending you're as unbiased as you try to make out. The anti-English sentiment seeps out of you.

You're making it to easy to be disliked. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Pukey said:

My word, gone on Reddit to have a look and it's a basically a sea of Gunmans crying. 

image.png.abebac29a0b8149c9ebe6b12877c7099.png

RUINED THE TOURNAMENT

Everyone loves Denmark and hates England. It’s not a good combination is it :D 

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Travis Bickle said:

Also I find the act of taking an anti-racism stance but repeatedly booing other teams national anthem a bit hypocritical. 

I know some wont see the equivalence but I do. 

 

Sure but then there are a number of our fans that aren't happy about that stance either, though the anthem booing seems to be more pronounced than the knee booing.

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Yuko said:

You're making it to easy to be disliked. 

Sure Sterling will be crying into the trophy that people dislike him for being fouled ;)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Smallen said:

Everyone loves Denmark and hates England. It’s not a good combination is it :D 

I think this really, Denmark were the underdog, and gained even more sympathy after the Eriksen incident during the Euros, plus they played some nice football, so it's understandable why a lot of people were upset at England winning after a soft penalty. Had it been vs Germany, Spain or any other big nation, it'd have been shrugged under the rug and called "karma", "revenge", "redemption" or something along those lines. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Travis Bickle said:

really think those saying it was a clear penalty should imagine how they'd react if Denmark was awarded that penalty. 

They would have needed to get the ball into our box first :brock:

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, ginnybob said:

Sure but then there are a number of our fans that aren't happy about that stance either, though the anthem booing seems to be more pronounced than the knee booing.

If fans chant something racist, and it's audible, then it doesn't matter how many do it, the team gets punished/criticised.

I find the booing of national anthems fundamentally disrespectful and could easily be classed as xenophobic. Same thing with that "German Bombers" song, which to be fair, the FA explicitly told fans not to chant.

Still, it's extremely disrespectful and I think England should be punished for it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Travis Bickle said:

If fans chant something racist, and it's audible, then it doesn't matter how many do it, the team gets punished/criticised.

I find the booing of national anthems fundamentally disrespectful and could easily be classed as xenophobic. Same thing with that "German Bombers" song, which to be fair, the FA explicitly told fans not to chant.

Still, it's extremely disrespectful and I think England should be punished for it. 

To be clear, I don't disagree that the anthem booing is appalling.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, themadsheep2001 said:

They've managed to get crazy Ivan leaning towards England. That takes some doing

I’m pretty sure @Carambau isn’t normally our biggest fan either? :D

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • SI Staff

Don't really get people moaning about decisions that could have gone either way. If the team on the wrong side of it can't score from open play to overturn decisions (or even from open play at all), then that's their own fault. 

There was only one goal last night that wasn't the result of a decision/foul/dead ball, and that was a Kjaer own goal. 

England won, and take those decisions out of the game and they still won. 

Just looking forward to Sunday now.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Rob1981 said:

Revenge for Kim Milton Nielsen innit

sending off somebody who kicked out? :D lets not forget what people did to Beckham when he came back from France as well and for a decent amount of that season in the PL

Edited by TM
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...