Semi final Prediction

thefmveteran86

Spain Vs Italy - Could be an interesting semi final Spain have been leaking but managed to squeezed through the groups, beat Croatia after conceding from Croatia, managed to mess up Switzerland and I think Spain's luck will run out

Denmark Vs ENGLAND  - Defensively solid, no one we can't lose to, Denmark MAY have one or two shots but it won't be enough, Italy would be a tough opponent but we've got the home advantage in the semi-final and hopefully the final, this is the best chance we've got since probably 3 years ago but I think it's the euro record of 5 clean sheets in a row right? fantastic performance, after the 4th goal went in we put the foot off the gas and they deserved the win 100%, Southgate tunes out the media with his tactics with the brilliant squad depth and it's showing :cool:

Screenshot(1).png

Edited by thefmveteran86

Denmark will be tough but play like we did tonight and they won’t stop us. I think we will just be too strong for them in the end.

Italy for me would be the tougher final, as they will be incredibly hard to break down whilst still being very dangerous going forward, they have been the best team in the Euro’s so far for me. Spain have been very leaky and if they got to the final I would fancy England to beat them. But I can see Italy just sneaking that game maybe in extra time.

All will then set up a Italy England final.

Edited by sedge11

Absolutely everything suggests an Italy vs England final. Italy has been much more consistent than Spain and player for player they're the better team anyways. England has everything in its favor: the better players, the venue, the fans, the clean sheet streak, Kane recovering his goal instinct. Ok, they didn't have a player nearly die to give them a new purpose and belief, but everything else screams England.

So a Spain vs Denmark final it is.

Italy v Spain

England v Denmark

Italy are a better team than Spain and their CM is very good. Spain have been a strange side this tournament. Gone from looking like they can't hit a barn door to scoring five goals in back to back games and then nearly going out on penalties to the Swiss. You don't really know what you're going to get from this Spain side. I'm hoping it goes the full distance with Spain coming out on top as if England are to make the final I'd prefer to face Spain of the two. 

This won't be an easy game for England, or of course Denmark. The England side is absolutely STACKED though with quality it'd be a big shock if Denmark won this. The Danes aren't blessed with pace at centre half but they are really good in the air which might factor into how we set up. I wouldn't be surprised if Southgate matched them up in a 343 like vs Germany. I could see a situation where Denmark defend very deep, not allowing much room for runs in behind and dealing with open play crosses before England finally break them down late on/in ET. 

England vs Italy Final. Had this Final in mind since the last 16 stage.

Spain and England final for me. 

I'm looking forward to the Spain v Italy semi, though. Should be a good game. Can't see the other one being too enthralling. Can see a straightforward 2-0 win for England. But dunno how to call the other one. Went for Spain based on personal preference. But Italy have been the better team throughout, though that doesn't mean anything in a one off game. 

• Administrators

Italy 2-2 Spain, Italy to win on penalties 4-3. 

England 3-0 Denmark. 

Spain are just so hot and cold it's hard to have faith in them, as said they could score 5 or they could score none at all. I think it will be a great match with Spain wanting to keep the ball and Italy's pressing. Italy's midfield has goals in them and I don't think they will disappoint but the lack of a clinical striker for them (don't rate Immobile much) means they will probably waste chances to kill the game off. 

Denmark have been excellent since their first 2 games and I think they will try and make a tactical change first half to make things difficult for England but come unstuck (we're much better than Wales). Assume once the game opens up the floodgates will open allowing England to get a couple more to kill the game off. 

Spain 2-1 Italy (aet)

England 2-0 Denmark

As I said in the other prediction thread I think Spain will finally take some of the chances that they create. The issue is just whether they can stop Italy from scoring. I can see England scoring relatively early agaist Denmark and then managing the second half like they did last night (with fewer goals of course).

I've only seen highlights of Italy in the tournament so far but from what i've seen they look good, whereas I think Spain have gone one step too far.  So I think it'll be an Italy win.  Home advantage could be huge for England I think, but equally Denmark have really impressed me.  I think this one will be close, but I can see England winning in extra time due to the depth of the squad.

4 hours ago, The Amazing Dale Watkins said:

Who cares what Italian teams of the past have done against Spain. This team doesn't look anything like Italy of the past, for as long as I can remember at least. 

Because I'm a believer in that sort of thing. As a German who has only experienced his team beating Italy once in a competitive game (officially a draw \o/), you should understand :brock:

1 minute ago, Astafjevs said:

Because I'm a believer in that sort of thing. As a German who has only experienced his team beating Italy once in a competitive game (officially a draw \o/), you should understand :brock:

Then Italian team would already be packing their stuff for the beach if Croatia beat Spain? :brock:

Spain looked awful in defense, especially transition, whenever someone tried to press and attack them. Luckily for them, they haven't played against a top team yet, so they manage to find themselves in semi-finals.
But they're not some minnow team, they're still dangerous and it surely won't be a walkover for Italy like most here are expecting.

As for the other game, can't look past England, even though Denmark has been great in this tournament.
60k on Wembley without away fans is dumb.

3 minutes ago, Federico said:

As much as playing 6 out of 7 games, more than any other team, at home.

I know you're butthurt about this but this wasn't always the plan, Wembley afaik got two additional games later on. The game vs Germany was supposed to take place in Dublin for example but they lost the hosting rights earlier this year. It's not like UEFA are doing their best for us, we're pretty much hated by UEFA and FIFA.

Edited by craigcwwe

:lol: Yeah it's a pain in the ass really!

As an itinerant European Tournament, it's quite surprising France never played in Paris and England played almost all the games in London. You're right it was not supposed to be the initial venue, but it was moved due to COVID. For the same reason it should be moved again as the situation worsened massively in the UK in the latest weeks. It's alright but having the whole stadium supporting you in almost every game, in my opinion, is objectively a huge advantage none of the other top teams had.

1 minute ago, Federico said:

:lol: Yeah it's a pain in the ass really!

As an itinerant European Tournament, it's quite surprising France never played in Paris and England played almost all the games in London. You're right it was not supposed to be the initial venue, but it was moved due to COVID. For the same reason it should be moved again as the situation worsened massively in the UK in the latest weeks. It's alright but having the whole stadium supporting you in almost every game, in my opinion, is objectively a huge advantage none of the other top teams had.

Why should the games from Wembley have been moved? All those in attendance for the games there have been vaccinated and/or shown proof of a negative test. I believe it's the same for all the other venues too. 

In questo momento, craigcwwe ha scritto:

Why should the games from Wembley have been moved? All those in attendance for the games there have been vaccinated and/or shown proof of a negative test. I believe it's the same for all the other venues too. 

Sorry, do you think people in Ireland and Spain aren't getting any vaccine?

Just now, skybluedave said:

Look we were due hosting a major tournament anyway. France and Germany have had/will have 2 tournaments since we last had one. Only fair :brock:

Not counting this really as a home tournament. 

We're long, long overdue both a WC and a Euro's and it's farcical we've only ever hosted one in total. 

5 minutes ago, craigcwwe said:

They should be moved because away fans can't attend.

Hosting a tournament isn't a problem, 60k attendance with no away fans allowed is.

Either allow away fans or move the game somewhere where fans of both teams can attend.

The whole tournament was rigged for the hosts. Hell, there were even 2 hosts in some groups, like ours.
On the other hand, some teams had to play against hosts, then travel to bloody Baku and back.

If for example Portugal or France finished second in their group instead of Germany, they would've played in Germany against the hosts and then in England against the hosts. Wtf is that all about?

For example Croatia had a hotel/camp reserved in Scotland, but they increased the covid measures or whatever, so the team stayed at home.
Then travelled to UK 3 times.

Edited by GunmaN1905

In questo momento, skybluedave ha scritto:

Look we were due hosting a major tournament anyway. France and Germany have had/will have 2 tournaments since we last had one. Only fair :brock:

Hehe fair enough :lol:

Just now, Federico said:

Sorry, do you think people in Ireland and Spain aren't getting any vaccine?

Of course they are. :confused:

Just now, GunmaN1905 said:

Hosting a tournament isn't a problem, 60k attendance with no away fans allowed is.

Either allow away fans or move the game somewhere where fans of both teams can attend.

The whole tournament was rigged for the hosts. Hell, there were even 2 hosts in some groups, like ours.
On the other hand, some teams had to play against hosts, then travel to bloody Baku and back.

If for example Portugal or France finished second in their group instead of Germany, they would've played in Germany against the hosts and then in England against the hosts. Wtf is that all about?

There's been away fans in all of the games at Wembley. 

There's the issue with quarantine as well to factor in. There's going to be a problem whichever direction you look to go into really. There's no perfect scenario. 

Covid and the tournament being located in 12 different countries was always going to lead to things like you mention there, it's the nature of the way the tournament has been designed this time around. The bigger countries and capital cities get most of the games. 

3 minutes ago, GunmaN1905 said:

I agree it's not ideal but what can you do? 

It doesn't help the UK not being in EU anymore and using different COVID travel rules. England fans couldn't travel to Rome. Welsh fans couldn't travel Amsterdam. If you moved it to Paris or Berlin then England fans can't go. In an perfect world it would be somewhere both sets of fans can get to but then you'd have to wait and see who made the Semi/Final before deciding that and obviously UEFA aren't going to do that. 

15 minutes ago, craigcwwe said:

There's been away fans in all of the games at Wembley.

Yeah, fans who're living in UK.

Italy-Austria and Glasgow games were only rivaled by Baku if we talk dreadful atmosphere.

There's the issue with quarantine as well to factor in. There's going to be a problem whichever direction you look to go into really. There's no perfect scenario. 

Yeah, don't host the tournament in a non-EU country until this virus situation settles.

5 minutes ago, skybluedave said:

It doesn't help the UK not being in EU anymore and using different COVID travel rules.

That's why you shouldn't have been able to host the tournament until it all settles.

England fans couldn't travel to Rome.

English fans who live all across Europe could, which is a way bigger number than any given nation living in UK.

Let's face it, this tournament was always going to a **** show one way or another with the pan-European stuff mixed with Covid. One or more teams were always going to get an advantage. It should have been hosted in one country, but that's UEFA for you. 

Btw, just so you guys don't misinterpret what I'm trying to say, England absolutely deserves a big tournament.

World Cup especially.

But not under these conditions.

Croatian and Czech fans pretty much couldn't see any of the group games.

Austria, Ukraine and Sweden had big knockout games considering how often they get there and they couldn't come.

Denmark is playing in semi-final for the first time in 30 years and they can't attend.

It's a joke.

You aren't wrong but this was UEFA's best idea to get this tournament played now during a global pandemic. It's a bit late to be moaning about it now. Like Pukey said this was always on the cards

And I (and most fans) rather this then no tournament at all

8 minutes ago, skybluedave said:

You aren't wrong but this was UEFA's best idea to get this tournament played now during a global pandemic. It's a bit late to be moaning about it now. Like Pukey said this was always on the cards

Dublin and Bilbao were cancelled because of covid rules.

I don't see a single reason why London and especially Glasgow should've been any different.
At least in London home fans can attend, Glasgow was dreadful.

Could've easily played all the games in countries that allow everyone to travel and near-max capacity.

Edited by GunmaN1905

8 minutes ago, GunmaN1905 said:

Could've easily played all the games in countries that allow everyone to travel and near-max capacity.

No you couldn't. Not with out a crystal ball

Edit: Anyway this is all pointless coz you've made a giant assumption in thinking that UEFA give a feck about fans.

Edited by skybluedave

• Administrators
3 hours ago, GunmaN1905 said:

England absolutely deserves a big tournament.

World Cup especially.

Politically at this point I can see any future bid involving Scotland (unless and until, they leave the union), and possibly Wales (Swansea would need their stadium upgraded). I'd be surprised still to see England host a World Cup or Euros properly, too much politics involved.

But anyway, I'd guess multi nation hosting is the default for UEFA tournaments in future anyway and they may even increase the tournament to 32 eventually.

On 05/07/2021 at 12:54, Marius_R said:

My prediction is both semifinals will be decided after 90 minutes. Italy will beat Spain and England will beat Denmark. 

This aged well. :lol: