Match 45: Switzerland vs Spain - 5pm (ITV1) live from the Saint Petersburg Stadium !

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, DJ said:

The Swiss had their miracle, I think they are done now. Spain to win by at least a two goal margin. 

Called it ;) 

5 minutes ago, craigcwwe said:

The GK has to have one foot on the line when the take kicks the ball. 

But they are allowed to move left and right along the line?

Weird to see the ref seem to caution Lloris when he tried it the last round

Just now, VamPook said:

But they are allowed to move left and right along the line?

Weird to see the ref seem to caution Lloris when he tried it the last round

Yeah I saw the ref in that game tell Lloris to stay still but I don't know if it's an actual rule, I don't think it is. 

4 minutes ago, Astafjevs said:

What 'bad luck' did Switzerland have? They were lucky Moreno missed a load of chances to win the game in ET

yeah, Spain shouldn't have needed penalties. Switzerland had some bad luck getting the red card because the momentum was on their side in the second half, but overall they can't complain.

6 minutes ago, Smaldini said:

Don’t understand how the CBs managed to mess up their penalties so much after being so clinical against France. 

Hopefully Italy/Belgium destroy Spain in the semis.

Think the pressure was all off against France because they couldn't believe they were even there, but by today they were suddenly in with a massive chance of a semi final and expected to score. 

Absolutely gutted for Swiss, they was the better team up til the red card :( But not sure if it was a red?

distraught for Sommer, saved 2 penalties and yet his team mates ****ed it up :( Definitely MOTM for me, crazy how Simon awarded.

1 minute ago, Orzelek said:

How the hell did Switzerland mess up so badly? :D 

It was exactly the same takers, who did great a couple of days ago, but they looked like being without any confidence. 

Penalties do strange things to people I guess. 

Switzerland were dead plus if you've taken penalties 4 days ago the opposition will have studied whether a taker waits for the keeper to move and so on.

It's not like when a top striker bangs them in virtually every time, they don't take pens usually.

28 minutes ago, The_jagster said:

Switzerland were dead plus if you've taken penalties 4 days ago the opposition will have studied whether a taker waits for the keeper to move and so on.

It's not like when a top striker bangs them in virtually every time, they don't take pens usually.

But the penalty takers didn't take them with any conviction or confidence.

4 hours ago, Smaldini said:

Don’t understand how the CBs managed to mess up their penalties so much after being so clinical against France. 

Hopefully Italy/Belgium destroy Spain in the semis.

I think the thing is that if you're not a regular penalty taker you possibly have one go to penalty that you're happy with.

Once you've taken that once you know you either have to do it again even better or you have to put it somewhere else.