Changing the tactic against top teams

So I've reached the point in my Sparta Praha save, where I'm completely dominating my league (usually winning the league by 10-20 points every season), but can't hack it against the top teams (Manchester City and United & PSG) in Champions League. This is widely because my main tactic is heavily posession based (keeping the ball and patiently building scoring chances from either open play or set pieces) and obviously I can't keep the ball 70% of the time against previously mentioned teams.

4231p.png.68804678c46bcb60572d755e5155bc34.png

Above you can see the tactic I'm using in the league, the player instructions are:

AMC - Close down more, Take more risks

AMR - Close down more

AML - Close down more

STC - Close down more

In addition to dominating the Czech top flight for the past five years, I've also won the Conference League once. So needless to say this tactic works very well when I'm not playing against a bigger team and is very well suited to my players.

I've been extremely unlucky in Champions League group stage draws getting into the 'group of death' every single time: getting drawn against Inter three times, PSG twice, Manchester City twice, Man Utd once, Bayern München once, Borussia Dortmund (which has weirdly enough become the best team in my save lol), Atletico Madrid once and other semi-big teams like Valencia and Atalanta during my five years in Champions League.

I'm not ballsy enough to play the tactic against the big teams, especially away from home, so I've made two tactics I primarily use against them and since I've failed to get a positive result even once I'm forced to ask the forums: How would you change my tactic to play against the biggest teams in Europe, when you cannot keep the ball?

Here are the two tactics I've been using:

4231c.png.634699a23410ffbc4200f234c3339655.png

I've instructed the AF and BBM to close down more. No other player instructions used.

4231c-result.png.63b6dce07ea76f9d32336c5f3a841895.png

Example result of a game I used the tactic in, I ended up losing the game 3-1.

Other tactic I've used more in the past, certainly a more defensive one:

4411c.png.cc931b4663b43c49abf635bbc12321f1.png

Only the AF has been instructed to close down more this time.

4411c-result.png.ec06b59b378a71ad8c0e8aedbe446439.png

Stats from a 3-1 loss against PSG using the tactic above.

I'm also down to changing the tactic completely for example ditching the AMC and switching to a counter-attacking 5-3-2. The only problem is that I don't have a physical forward to play long balls to :onmehead: