Change the colour of the purple highlights in the Inbox sidebar?

mikelfc8

Hi

When inbox messages are selected, the highlight is the default purple. I'd like to change it to the primary club colour (LFC red in this case).

In fact, i'd like to change as much of the default interface purple to the primary club colour as possible, so long as I can change a default setting or two and not have to edit a thousand panels.

I'm sure I've mangaed this before but I'm struggling to remember how. I've been modding the base Dark skin a little, and I've tried experimenting with the base21dark setttings xml.

Any help would be much appreicated,

thanks

Edited by mikelfc8

• mikelfc8 changed the title to Change the colour of the purple highlights in the Inbox sidebar?

@mikelfc8 you are right searching it in the base21dark settings file.

It's been a couplef weeks but I managed to get rid of 95% of purple within my dark skin just changing the "fg" colour - I have a lot of things white on dark background in combination with "blue 500" or lighter.

Try to search and edit the "inbox colours" part and just edit it.

• 1 month later...

I'm no expert when it comes to this stuff but this is what I managed to do.

1. For the inbox messages highlight colour go to - your skin/graphics/tables/custom/inbox/selected

There should be an xml file named row. Open that up with an xml editor and change the colour in the following line to whatever you want (the red is my colour - not sure what is was before) -

<colour id="red_replacement" name="red a700"/>

I use this link to find the names of the different colours - https://material.io/design/color/the-color-system.html#tools-for-picking-colors just scroll down about halfway

2. In settings, I think I changed the following -

At Line 681 is the <!-- Misc --> section

A few lines under that is - <colour name="default background"                         value="red 900"/>

Again, just change the colour value to whatever you want (again, the red is my colour). This changes a few default backgrounds if I remember correctly.

That was as far as I got. I hope that makes sense and works for you.

Thanks,

Mike

EDIT: Just been reliably informed that part 2. doesn't work - apologies for my faulty memory :)

Edited by mikelfc8

@mikelfc8, as we spoke on the side, thank you for your help on this matter. With your explanation for part 1 I was able to change the inbox messages highlight colour.

As for part 2, for those that might have missed the context and/or are looking for the same thing, we were discussing on how to get rid of the original purple shades remaining on menus such as search filter shortlist and player search in general. I just found out that in order to do that, search for both lines below on your settings.xml file and playing around with the value will allow you to set any colour you want for those menus. They will have diferent colours when selected or not:

*Mine were around line 1883

<colour name="search filter active"             value="bg accent"/>
    <colour name="search filter inactive"                 value="bg accent"/>

Once again, thanks for your pointers.

image.png.ce9fa9d453c9198441e09940cec8170c.png

Edited by lugui