Match 43: England vs Germany. 5PM (BST) BBC1 LIVE FROM WEMBLEY !!!

Coulthard's Jaw

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Barry Cartman said:

Love this squad, seeing Foden and Rashford running down the touchline to celebrate both goals, both could just be sulking they're not the pitch, as players would be in past squads

Seems like so many players are contributing and all together in this, no ****** rivalries or anything 

Compare this to the Terry, Gerrard, Rio et al. years… it’s stark.

1 minute ago, Barry Cartman said:

Love this squad, seeing Foden and Rashford running down the touchline to celebrate both goals, both could just be sulking they're not on the pitch, as players would be in past squads

Seems like so many players are contributing and all together in this, no ****** rivalries or anything 

That's Southgate's biggest achievement 

1 minute ago, Coulthard's Jaw said:

Having a proper Arsenal lad in there makes such a difference for me, had forgotten how differently you feel when you have one of your own in there.

It’s defying the racists that’s got me completely behind them 100%.

10 minutes ago, Coulthard's Jaw said:

Having a proper Arsenal lad in there makes such a difference for me, had forgotten how differently you feel when you have one of your own in there.

Just wait until we have Saka, Smith Rowe, White and erm... Ramsdale

Just caught up with the thread. What a read! :thup:

2 hours ago, themadsheep2001 said:

How are they sleeping on Shaw? Not having this

He was class today, tbf, most of them were but he just grew and grew into the game and by the end he was having a stormer. Had the left flank locked down and him stepping across into midfield to win the ball that led to a goal was brilliant. 

1 hour ago, Coulthard's Jaw said:

Am still trying to work out how Muller missed.

This. Was sure, sure, he was scoring. I was thinking when he first got the ball 'It had to be him didn't it' and then he missed! :D 

17 minutes ago, Smallen said:

I think Grealish has earned a start tbh.

I wouldn't be against him starting but it seems like bringing him on to run at defenders who are knackered by the 70th minute is a pretty good tactic. If we can continue to keep it tight then our bench is our biggest asset.

7 minutes ago, Marc Albrighton said:

I wouldn't be against him starting but it seems like bringing him on to run at defenders who are knackered by the 70th minute is a pretty good tactic. If we can continue to keep it tight then our bench is our biggest asset.

Yep, fair point. I suppose you go with Mount from the start if going back to 4-3-3.

1 minute ago, Smallen said:

He’s even better! @Pukeythought he was just a DM ;)

:D

Definitely have to give Southgate credit for the way he's using him. I'll always bang on about his transformation under Bielsa, but Southgate has clearly seen his attributes are useful in a different role. Him and Rice as a partnership leaves us looking less threatening offensively but they have shown how good they can be as disrupting other teams. Just need to get the balance right.

1 hour ago, Barry Cartman said:

Love this squad, seeing Foden and Rashford running down the touchline to celebrate both goals, both could just be sulking they're not on the pitch, as players would be in past squads

They all do seem to be just having a good time 

1 hour ago, Marc Albrighton said:

I was saying this earlier as well actually. It does feel like bringing him on when the opposition are knackered, to then have twinkle toes running at you is proving a very effective tool. 

19 minutes ago, Barry Cartman said:

Keep noticing more little things about the 1st goal, Sterling's dummy to Grealish is going under the radar 

Just a perfect goal by him in everything he did to make it and score it 

He's become a real leader too in this side. 

Beating Germany 'when it matters' will always be a big deal, we need to win these big matches for the belief

I am not a lover of the slow build up, we seem so cautious but if the alternative is punting it forward and giving away the ball then I guess I'll take it

The game seemed likely to turn on a moment, we have had these moments not go our way plenty, like that Mueller miss, sheesh but thought Shaw was very good and Grealish made a difference, it was actually being bold with the ball that created the chance though, driving forward a bit, pleased Kane got a goal as he was trying to get into the game more

Congrats to the English :applause:. Deserved win. Didn't think England played any spectacular football, but they seem so stable, calm and in control. This definitely something I haven't seen in a long time from England. I honestly feel this is going to be their tournament. And what better place to win a trophy than Wembley? :)

1 hour ago, Razzler said:

Beating Germany 'when it matters' will always be a big deal, we need to win these big matches for the belief

I am not a lover of the slow build up, we seem so cautious but if the alternative is punting it forward and giving away the ball then I guess I'll take it

The game seemed likely to turn on a moment, we have had these moments not go our way plenty, like that Mueller miss, sheesh but thought Shaw was very good and Grealish made a difference, it was actually being bold with the ball that created the chance though, driving forward a bit, pleased Kane got a goal as he was trying to get into the game more

England played very well and didn't really do anything wrong.  I agree with you on the slow build up too.  I think the big problem will be if England play against a team who just sit back and don't look to attack.  I think England's game is largely based around playing it safe and being strong defensively.  It'll be interesting to see what happens if/when they play Denmark.  For me they are the big danger.  But they have a tricky game vs the Czech's.

17 hours ago, Coulthard's Jaw said:

Am still trying to work out how Muller missed.

16 hours ago, craigcwwe said:

This. Was sure, sure, he was scoring. I was thinking when he first got the ball 'It had to be him didn't it' and then he missed! :D 

Watching live, kinda thought he might have been worried about being caught from behind. Took it a little earlier than he would have liked, pulled it wide, instead of opening up and passing it into the opposite corner. 

1 hour ago, XuluBak said:

Watching live, kinda thought he might have been worried about being caught from behind. Took it a little earlier than he would have liked, pulled it wide, instead of opening up and passing it into the opposite corner. 

0 goals in 15 Euro games, 10 in 16 World Cup games, pretty remarkable that he couldn't score in a European Championships

would expect he's one of the players who will be phased out under Flick

5 minutes ago, TM said:

0 goals in 15 Euro games, 10 in 16 World Cup games, pretty remarkable that he couldn't score in a European Championships

would expect he's one of the players who will be phased out under Flick

That's such a bizarre stat. 

Flick could go a few different directions, so Muller might be out, or maybe not. Muller had a resurgence under him at Bayern and I'd expect Flick to play more progressive football than Low. The shorter turnaround on Qatar could also play a factor on him staying in the squad.

If I were in Flick's position, the first thing I'd do is move Kimmich inside and figure out my RB/RWB situation. Such a waste.