17 ME is a dream. Anyone got a player update for it??

FulchesterFred

OMG just downloaded 17 again. It looks and feels like a football match in a way SI have never replicated! 
anyone got a player update file?

whatever SI did between 17 and 18 was a bad decision I have to say. Only just getting back to near those levels.

crosses not permanently blocked, inventive play, great movement, last ditch tackles. And it looks fab. Not perfect ofc but the closest they got! It’s actually football.

It's inferior to FM21 at replicating a football match by a very wide margin. Nonexistent playing out of defence, nonexistent defensive contribution by wide players, laughably straightforward to control possession with an extra man in the middle no matter how much better the opposition is, defence can't handle shadow strikers at all, long shots and deep crosses rarely ever worth it and the dribbling is all kick-and-rush and Phil Neville stepovers. And way too many backheels.

But it is particularly easy, so there's that...

For all the 21 love here I can counter with several great things about 17. animations far superior, creativity far superior, crossing far superior, lighting. Far superior etc etc. 
bottom line is that a game 4 years newer should be significantly better. In many ways it’s not. How does a studio balls that up?

and yes it’s about opinions and mine isn’t right or wrong, and neither are yours. But you have to admit there is a big fan base for 17 and you have to ask why. It’s not just cos it’s easy 😂. Just been beaten by Man U and I loved it. Could easily identify the structural problems and conceded to the better team.

I had it with 21 when my  cross got blocked for 500000th time and Patrick  Bamford ran from just outside his own box, skinning 4 of my players and scored a worldly from 35 yards. 21 like all iterations since 17 has traded individual realism for…..well I don’t know what for. I refer to the joke of an under 17 GK for Liverpool being their top scorer in someone’s save in FM20.

I believe we have to challenge SI. they have no competition. FMT on iPad Pro is buggy, features removed and less playable than a game from 4 years ago. Apparently full fat is better, which I don’t have the time to play. 

Check the downloadsection. If there are any updates, it is likely there, but the older titles aren't that much updated in the editors section after 4 years.

Also, if you want to discuss, then head over to GD please.