False-Nine over Trequarista ?

So, I'm focusing on having a creative/disruptive role as a lone striker in a 4 1 2 3. I use Almada in that role, as he is creative enough, has the good stats, except probably lacking the speed. And after 6 months, he is now natural in a ST position.

With the false nine role, even if he has good ratings in 6 months, I feel like he dosn't touch that much balls. Still he is the top scorer. Still, I understand that the f9 isn't considered a PM, thus dosn't attract the balls.

So i'm trying with trequarista, where he has more presence, touch more balls, and it feels like he actually does the same things as a false nine, but in better. I'm taking into account the fact that he drags defenders too. 

The f9 is supposed to mainly drag defenders to open space, while the trequarista is a creative player roaming a lot around to find space, and while doing this, he drag the defenders too. Plus the treq is considered a playmaker, probably why he is more involved with the rest of the team.

Why should I use a f9 over a trequarista ?

Edited by Epoqx

When your tactical system and players are capable of taking advantage of the sort of space the F9 creates; for example a player making runs centrally or a second more attacking striker.

In a 4-3-3 (4-1-2-3), I've generally got more touches from a F9 over the course of a season than a TREQ so the playmaker element doesn't matter too much. Again just depends on the system.

1 hour ago, Epoqx said:

Why should I use a f9 over a trequarista ?

F9 is opening up space behind the others team defensive line, especially if they intend to compress space with a higher d-line anyway. This allows wide or central attackers to overlap and exploit that space. F9 himself will exploit the space inbetween the defensive line and the midfield. If this space is protected by a DM for example, he may become less effective. To make players available for passing you may need to allow them to roam from their position, especially if their area of action is well protected.

Thats proberbly why you feel the TQ is working much better, as there simply is no space for the F9 to work in.

A Trequartista has a higher base mentality than a F9.  So, despite both having the Take More Risks instruction, the Trequartista will be more risky than the False 9, and is more likely to be looking for pockets of space higher up the pitch when in the ST position.  The F9, on the other hand will specifically look to drop deeper - this means when he does get the ball, he should have more support around him to play it off to.  Each have a time and place.  If you're finding the Trequartista fits your system better, then you should clearly go with that.

12 minutes ago, CARRERA said:

F9 is opening up space behind the others team defensive line, especially if they intend to compress space with a higher d-line anyway. This allows wide or central attackers to overlap and exploit that space. F9 himself will exploit the space inbetween the defensive line and the midfield. If this space is protected by a DM for example, he may become less effective. To make players available for passing you may need to allow them to roam from their position, especially if their area of action is well protected.

Thats proberbly why you feel the TQ is working much better, as there simply is no space for the F9 to work in.

Don't the trequarista become less effective too, if this space is protected by a DM ?

6 minutes ago, Epoqx said:

Don't the trequarista become less effective too, if this space is protected by a DM ?

yes, however he has the roam from position ti which helps him to free up himself and occupy open pockets.

My formation is not dissimilar to yours.  I choose the TQ and not the F9.  For me, the TQ links play, creates space and finishes moves.  The F9 on the other hand simply drops into midfield and in my tactic was less effective and not worth it.