[FM21] A Blatant Attempt at the Best FMCU Thread Name Award

Rikulec

QeuESC1.png

Claudio Trentini's Management Career - November 2022 - San Marino

Friendlies

PY4vBDm.jpg

Ugh. We conceded early from a corner against Andorra and never really recovered while Gibraltar was a hugely frustrating game where Nanni could have easily scored four or five, but we were terribly wasteful and had to rescue a draw with a late goal. Plenty of work remains to be done.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2sWFyr7.jpg

The good thing is that we've avoided the superpowers that could take the result into double digits. The bad thing is that we're going to struggle to get anything out of this group. Maaaaybe we can snatch points of Kazakhstan.

QeuESC1.png

Claudio Trentini's Management Career - March 2023 - San Marino

Euro Qualifiers

QR7m09p.jpg

AyT6ERT.jpg

This is great! We kept it fairly respectable against Austria and even managed to catch them on the break and score. This game also led me to change our tactics a bit, focusing on defence and counter-attacking down the flanks more. And boy, it worked a treat - we shut out Kazakhstan almost completely and grabbed a well deserved win thanks to a free kick header from Nanni and a direct free kick goal by Zanotti. The table makes for a very pleasant reading!

qJzBokh.jpg

5EnhEW4.jpg

We have even more youngsters joining the party, although we could really do with a couple of decent centre backs. As for the upcoming games, Austria are obviously way out of reach, but I'm not entirely sure what to expect from Israel. Maybe, just maybe...?

QeuESC1.png

Claudio Trentini's Management Career - October 2023 - San Marino

Euro Qualifiers

GvpjNYu.jpg

NgKKzBu.jpg

Oh no. By far the worst month during my reign so far. We got properly robbed against Kazakhstan - we were easily the better team, creating but wasting chances until around the 40th minute, then they scored from a free kick against the run of play and we completely fell apart. And Hungary... I guess we still hadn't recovered from the previous game. Utterly terrible, we're going downhill. :(

QeuESC1.png

Claudio Trentini's Management Career - November 2023 - San Marino

Euro Qualifiers

M06USZl.jpg

7fK9tio.jpg

Another heavy defeat, but this time we finally rose to our feet and through a heroic defensive effort managed to hold Israel to a draw. I'll take that!

HLhFv0Z.jpg

80OJwyP.jpg

Minor changes to the squad ahead of two tough-but-possibly-winnable friendlies. I'm frustrated that Zanotti has missed out and that Berardi is declining quite rapidly, having been unable to find a club for the past year.

QeuESC1.png

Claudio Trentini's Management Career - June 2024 - San Marino

Friendlies

w9o6Cga.jpg

No luck against Latvia and I had vastly underestimated Luxembourg. I'm relatively happy with the tactical tweaks I've made though, in the second half of the second game we actually looked competitive against a side whose quality is way superior to ours.

QeuESC1.png

Claudio Trentini's Management Career - September 2024 - San Marino

UEFA Nations League

JC5nDAH.jpg

Ft9NUCQ.jpg

Advantage San Marino! To be honest it wasn't the best performance on our side, we were more than lucky on a few occasions and we have Elia Benedittini to thank for keeping a clean sheet and making some wonderful saves. On the other end, we scored through a Ghiotti corner headed home by Zanotti. We're in a great position after game one, but there's still a lot of work to do.

QeuESC1.png

Claudio Trentini's Management Career - October 2024 - San Marino

UEFA Nations League

0j4EySB.jpg

AokuKeF.jpg

A very even game that could have gone either way, unfortunately it went theirs. A draw would have meant the world to us, it wasn't to be though. We need four points out of our final two games to win the group, anything less than that and we're out.

QeuESC1.png

Claudio Trentini's Management Career - November 2024 - San Marino

UEFA Nations League

zckqIMI.jpg

NEDrc8b.jpg

Gutting. Absolutely devastating. First we conceded in the 92nd minute against Liechtenstein to kill our dreams of getting promoted to a higher division and then a 93rd minute defensive howler cost us two points against the Faroe Islands.

Fj6pmmX.jpg

Following this Nations League campaign I've decided to hand in my resignation. While it's interesting to see all these youngsters popping up for San Marino, from what I've seen they barely ever develop. What I believe the nation needs is a stronger league with better facilities and youth setups, maybe even professional clubs in the future. If we want that to happen, I need to go back to club football. Thanks to the stint with the national team my reputation has grown to 1,5*, which should be enough to land me a job at one of the biggest Sammarinese clubs. The hunt begins!

Wq2iRsg.jpg

I got an interview shortly after resigning from the San Marino job. Tre Penne would actually be the perfect fit for what I want - there's the short term challenge of overthrowing Tre Fiori as the country's top dogs and plenty of room for long term development. Fingers crossed!

10 minutes ago, scarp said:

Great read so far, I like the journeyman type of career :) have you got any offers outside of San Marino?

Glad to see you're enjoying it! I haven't received any offers from outside San Marino yet, I think it's a bit too early for that. Ideally I'd like to build up the country's reputation a bit for a few years and then jump to the Italian leagues, but I guess we'll see how it's going to play out.

iQqAkU5.jpg

Before the end of December they came back with an offer to become the highest paid manager in the league. I'd be silly to refuse that!

Gvcj0ZT.png

Claudio Trentini's Management Career - New Club - Tre Penne

TH6cczI.jpg

Just like Faetano, they've only signed me for a six-month period. Here's hoping I can prove myself within that time!

Club Name: SocietĂ  Polisportiva Tre Penne
Nickname: Biancazzuri
Year Founded: 1956
Stadium: Montecchio (600 all-seater)

xmZfuOu.jpg

The squad is a proper mess... and those of you who have followed my threads for a while will probably know that I love it. With the transfer window coming up in just a couple of weeks I'll be more than happy to turn this upside down, possibly releasing half of the guys you can see here on free transfers. Nicolas Lombardi, Alessandro Cucchisi, and Angelo Rechichi are apparently our best players at the moment.

tRknJhy.jpg

I'm very fond of the policy of developing our own youth, hopefully it's not going away. As for the league, we sit in the middle of the pack at the halfway point, seven points behind the top 4 but with a game in hand. If we hit the ground running, we might still be able to catch up.

Gvcj0ZT.png

Claudio Trentini's Management Career - January 2025 - Tre Penne

Campionato Sammarinese

IPAUt4Q.jpg

cuPoo86.jpg

A bit of a slower start than I was hoping for. Generally we can gain advantage in games, but can't convert our chances. Still, an unbeaten month is an unbeaten month, I guess.

Transfers

M7eacGt.jpg

Plenty of activity. I didn't want to lose any of the players that were poached from us, but well, it happened. We also released eight players on free transfers.

Matteo Borghini - our new #1.

Pino Alfredini - the scout was raving on about him, I think he's decent enough to do the job at AMC for us.

Nicolas Pucci - he might have disappointed me in the national team, but he's still a good player for the league.

Alessandro Del Gaudio - a very good left back.

Andrea Valentini - ever since he popped up in the national team I seemed to rate him higher than everyone else. We'll see how he does for me at the club level.

Matteo Zanotti - an emergency replacement for Andrea Baschetti at right back.

Mattia Giani - a similar story to Zanotti, he comes in for Giacomo Berardi.

I also promoted Matteo Mazza from the youth team to provide some short term cover.

Gvcj0ZT.png

Claudio Trentini's Management Career - February 2025 - Tre Penne

Campionato Sammarinese

p5QkIIR.jpg

AQJrDab.jpg

A hugely frustrating month. We can't seem to stop letting in silly goals - three of those we conceded this month were penalties and one was a direct free kick. Our next game is Pennarossa at home and it's an absolute must-win if we want to get into that green zone. Four games to go.

Gvcj0ZT.png

Claudio Trentini's Management Career - March 2025 - Tre Penne

Campionato Sammarinese

474WUPE.jpg

evRb5xv.jpg

Boom! A perfect set of wins fires us all the way up into 3rd. Even though we were 5th and out of the quarter final zone after the penultimate game, we took full advantage of La Fiorita and Cosmos drawing their final matches. Rechichi has gone a bit mad too, scoring a staggering eight goals in the last three games. What a player!

Youth Intake

yVnxif3.jpg

Oh dear. :lol:

Gvcj0ZT.png

Claudio Trentini's Management Career - April 2025 - Tre Penne

Coppa Titano

McGuvKK.jpg

I'm fuming. There was no way we shouldn't have won either of these games, let alone get eliminated. We were clearly the better team on both occasions. Conceded a goal from a random hoof in the 94th minute in the home leg. Missed TWO penalties in the return leg. Conceded from a tame shot where our goalkeeper looked like he refused to make a save. Conceded a silly own goal in extra time. Missed a number of chances in both games. It's just something that can't happen, especially when you play against the biggest team in the country. The plus side is that we were actually able to dominate them twice, which is a great side ahead of the championship play-offs.

Gvcj0ZT.png

Claudio Trentini's Management Career - May 2025 - Tre Penne

Campionato Sammarinese

LhQodNc.jpg

**** no. I almost feel cheated out of it. The scorelines against Faetano and Virtus don't reflect what actually happened, the wins could have easily been bigger if our conversion rate wasn't so low. And the final... well. First we lost one of our key players in Gabriele Molinari on the left wing after he picked up his third yellow card of the season in the semi final. We could have managed that, but then none other than Rechichi got injured in training. Right then I knew what was coming, but amazingly we still managed to deliver a good performance. We lost to a world class long shot followed by a terrible one that Borghini really shouldn't have let in. Heartbreaking.

Gvcj0ZT.png

Claudio Trentini's Management Career - Season Review - 2024/25 - Tre Penne

Campionato Sammarinese

Results (Sep-Dec) - Results (Jan-May)

Competition Performance: 3rd (lost in championship playoff final)

I joined with half of the season already gone and I feel we did really well to make the top 4, especially seeing as we needed a few games to properly understand the new tactic and get going. On the other hand, I feel heartbroken to have lost the final, I think we're already good enough to beat Tre Fiori and with a full squad we could have done it already.

Coppa Titano

Competition Performance: Semi Final

We deserved to win, but we messed up.

UEFA Europa Conference League

Competition Performance: First Qualifying Round

I had nothing to do with it, but apparently they did quite a good job against a decent opponent despite losing both games.

Squad

Plenty of work has been done already and I don't think a massive revolution is in order, I'll rather be going for small adjustments. Pieri is getting released at the end of the season and Mazza is going back to the U-20 team.

Transfers (red lines mark my arrival) - Finances

I'm happy with the business we've done so far, although losing good players always hurts. Del Gaudio and Valentini impressed me in particular.

Similarly to Faetano, we seem to receive grants every year that allow us to make a good profit.

Player of the Season

1st - Angelo Rechichi - he was in the middle of a goal drought when I joined the club and he struggled for some time, missing even the simplest of chances. He turned absolutely Godlike in the final games of the season though, his four goals against Fiorentino were simply something else. I really, really don't want to lose him!

2nd - Gabriele Molinari - I feel he could be contributing a bit more in terms of goals and assists, but at the same time I see teams struggling to cope with his physicality, which is simply immense at our level. He's still young and keeps developing, so I believe he has even more in him.

3rd - Nicolas Lombardi - our coaches rate him as the best player in the squad and I can definitely see why. Every good side needs a solid centre back and Lombardi is exactly that, although is game is based on pace rather than brute force.

Next Season

We're knocking Tre Fiori off their ****ing perch. And you can print that.

JKn5g3X.jpg

Credit where it's due, Tre Fiori's efforts in Europe have brought us here. This is huge news for the league, we're also just one place away from gaining one more team and skipping the extra preliminary round in the Champions League. Let's go!

Gvcj0ZT.png

Claudio Trentini's Management Career - Season Preview - 2025/26 - Tre Penne

Board Expectations:

Campionato Sammarinese: Be competitive
Coppa Titano: Semi Final
UEFA Europa Conference League: Be competitive

My Expectations:

Campionato Sammarinese: Win it, no excuses.
Coppa Titano: Not important.
UEFA Europa Conference League: It would be fantastic to get past the first qualifying round.

Budgets:

Transfer: ÂŁ308,468
Wage: ÂŁ3,293 (currently spending ÂŁ1,179)
Balance: ÂŁ225,045

Gvcj0ZT.png

Claudio Trentini's Management Career - Pre-Season - 2025/26 - Tre Penne

Friendlies

tUd8Qw5.jpg

Turns out it's surprisingly difficult to find opponents to play at this time of the year. We smashed a 2nd tier Slovenian side, which is quite noteworthy I'd say.

Transfers

B1TSbme.jpg

We've made some great deals so far and haven't lost any important players. Fingers crossed it stays that way!

Alberto Macina - this transfer was arranged before my arrival and I want to thank the previous manager. We have a lovely new starting right back.

Thomas Rosti - an old friend joins me again, this time only to provide cover for Molinari.

Alessandro Casali - for our level he should be an amazing playmaker.

Andrea Gozzi - he can't finish, but he looks quite capable of creating chances for others.