Should I worry about Player LEVEL DROP?

He drop from 4.5 star to about 3.5 star in just a season, I don't bought any better player than him So is not the reason the evaluation was affect

Should I worry? And what can I do ?
image.thumb.png.6cb618fff68947a107d628b65072d232.png
image.thumb.png.1710869ea9d589de97d97a55df36218d.png

Edited by donnghia

The star rating is generally bs, my players tend to fluctuate +/- a star every season according to my staff member with the best judgement (JPA 17/JPP 17). Just monitor how they perform on the pitch and whether their average rating drops.

Signing new players or other players improving affects the progress bar. For instance my only 5 star player just got better recently but the max is 5 stars. And the effect was that most other players lost half a star. The same happens if you sign a 6-7 "star" player, everyone looses stars but does not become worse players.

I think they should make it so the progress bar in the picture is not affected by outside factors like new signings and other players in the future games because as it is you have to ask yourself; did he become worse or did someone else just become better and  its confusing.

6 minutes ago, Speedyol said:

Signing new players or other players improving affects the progress bar. For instance my only 5 star player just got better recently but the max is 5 stars. And the effect was that most other players lost half a star. The same happens if you sign a 6-7 "star" player, everyone looses stars but does not become worse players.

I think they should make it so the progress bar in the picture is not affected by outside factors like new signings and other players in the future games because as it is you have to ask yourself; did he become worse or did someone else just become better and  its confusing.

Definitely agree with this, it makes it confusing

I've noticed my players flucuate star ratings from coaches depending on their medium and long term performance. This doesn't mean the player's underlying talent has declined but rightly the coaches view of a player is going to be dimmed by poor form, a decline in underlying talent will be flagged in his coaching report under negatives. If a decline in talent is not flagged then you have to judge whether the player can recover his form or if for whatever reason he longer fits in your squad, coach reports are but one aspect of this.

I do wish they would flag why they are reducing their star ratings instead of leaving you to guess.

• 1 month later...
On 27/06/2021 at 12:48, Speedyol said:

In addition, if your team is promoted to a higher league, all players' stars will be adjusted to the new cohort, meaning that the number of stars will probably go down. I also find this ongoing star fluctuation a bit annoying.