Lower League tactic any advice is appreciated

I'm must preface this being a new player I only know the basics  so please forgive me if I don't fully understand the system /roles/ tactic itself  (FM19 Touch)

I'm looking to improve the tactic if even possible, I'm playing a 4-1-2-2-1 (game says 4-1-4-1 DM). At this level leaving the Team instructions blank as I doubt the players could handle too many (reading previous forum posts) Followed Experienced Defenders advice on defending and only 2 other Team Instructions - I'm a bit concerned that mark tighter because of the pacey players in comparison to mine 

Reason for a DM is I don't believe my two CB cut it at this level,

two wide attacking midfielders because the two players are good in those positions according to Assistant. The two Cariello's used to cover the wingbacks when they bomb forward. (stay wider pi) 

I'm concerned I'm too attacking for a team that's relegation fodder. I'm predicted to finish 23rd

Team Report:  High Determination, Teamwork, Bravery, Natural Fitness And Aggressive ( Followed Bust The Nets advice for Determination, Work Rate, Bravery and Teamwork)  

Workrate is Average in comparison

Rest of attributes I'm poor in comparison to league. 

It was a bit easier in the Vanerama north the scout reports could tell me weaknesses in team and sometimes id adjust the tactic with the odd instruction.  This league there's lots of opponent strengths and it goes against of too many Tis 

I'm not expecting to win every game, I'm expecting to get beaten soundly most games, but the ones that are close id like to nick points off them,  any help to turn my fortunes ?

Tactic.jpg

Team Report.jpg

Fixtures.jpg

Not bad results although you are conceding a fair number.  You seem to be scoring ok recently:  19 goals in your last 11 matches.  But your tactic is hyper-aggressive and you are vulnerable in many places.  Five attack duties and two attacking wingbacks is ultra high aggression.  Even positioning three players in the top third, as an underdog side, is aggressive.  I suspect that many times during games, your opponent will take possession and you will have five players far up the pitch.  Without superior acceleration and work rate, that's very risky.  But you have to read the highlights.  Are there a lot of highlights where your opponent hits you on the break, even if he doesn't score?  Or are most where he builds up play from the back? 

What style do you want to play?  This style is low possession and quick hitting, despite the overall Balanced team mentality -- but you have to look at each player's mentality and a lot of those will be 'attacking' even on team:'balanced' --  but you won't have enough players back in defense when that fails.

With both CMs drifting wider and a DM who holds position, you are conceding the entire middle of the park to the opposition.  I'd assign one of your CMs to stay in the middle, maybe a BWM or BBM or CM.  As an inferior side, if I wanted to play fast counter-attacking, I'd put max 2-3 players total on attack duty and only one fullback on WB(a) -- whichever one has the best acceleration, work rate and crossing -- and the other on FB(s) at most.

It is a good idea to start your tactic with fewer TIs but add them, strategically, as you learn what your tactic is doing well and not so well.

Thanks for your reply glengarry224, taken your advice with the tactic and put 3 on attack duty.

next match I lost 3-1 to a much stronger side, the highlights showed the my keeper kick it and it went to opposition player and an attack built from there with an assist from the left wing, next goal came from a build up play from the middle of the park pass to right wing cross went too far then headed back to a unmarked player, then a penalty. 

my goal came from a mistake from the left back who didn't mark my winger (s) 

watching the extended highlights I didn't think we played badly and didn't think I lost possession leading to goals but the goalkeeper kick did give possession leading to a goal 

Id like to play a counter style football, with me being the underdog I think Ill survive relegationTactic2.jpg.f81b3a6c7aae4db842cd15e0ea595597.jpg

Analyis of last five games.jpg

Try it out!  You're still pretty aggressive on the flanks, especially for an underdog side, so watch out for that.  Is your GK good at kicking, passing, decisions and vision?  If not, you might have to instruct him to deliver the ball shorter to whichever players are better on the ball.  Yes, long kicks can lead to better counters but not if you always lose the ball!  For example, if your fullbacks have better long passing attributes, then have the GK distribute to them and they can kick it forwards.  Of course, some of this depends upon whether your opponent is pressing you...

On 27/06/2021 at 09:17, cidk2000 said:

Id like to play a counter style football

When looking for a counter attacking style, you usually want to expand your game quickly when in possession and consolidate quickly when loosing possession. Therefore the easiest way is to let your attacking players immediately create depth and off the ball directness (attack duty) and keep your defenders behind the ball or supporting the midfield to help them to consolidate quickly upon loosing possession.

In a 4-1-2-3 it can come in handy to make your striker link up with the midfield (support duty). Due to its deeper position he can help your team to open up more space behind the others team defensive line which that can be exploited by your wide attackers (with an attack duty).

Direct passing / pass into space, counter TI, as well as tempo can help your team to transition quickly. Match that with your passing stats. Something around 80% should be what you are looking for.

Edited by CARRERA