Match 37: Wales vs Denmark 5PM (BST) BBC One and S4C live from Amsterdam !

Coulthard's Jaw

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Darius1998 said:

Denmark have looked great so far, Netherlands/Czechs up next so that will hopefully be another good game.

No that's tomorrow, Italy - Austria up next. :brock:

Nvm, misread that, ignore my stupidity. :lol:

Edited by Freakiie

I definitely thought it would be closer, Wales in the last few years have at least had a bit of effort but they didn't have much of anything today, 1 or 2 moments in the first 15 but after that probably one of the worst performances of the tournament so far. I dont think they would have changed the outcome of the game but there were some shocking calls it has to be said.

3 minutes ago, Rio_V said:

Hardly a smash. Hardly a red. Just a stupid yellow. Let’s see if we see this ref again. 

It’s the type of crap that should be cut out the game, and a red card and more in future hopefully does it. There’s a shirt pull for cynical foul, clip of the ankles etc. not basically kicking them which Wilson did :D 

8 minutes ago, Rio_V said:

Clearly a cynical yellow. Imagine a red like that in a close semifinal. He isn’t getting another game. 

It wasn't close though, and I suspect that was part of the decision. Better that than the end of PSG - City, where the ref seemed determined for someone to get injured before he'd intervene. The foul itself isn't a red, but understand the ref proactively putting an end to the nonsense. 

He may or may not get another match, but don't think that call has anything to do with it. (He's one of the more junior refs, think this is his first major tournament)

Edited by XuluBak

5 minutes ago, Smallen said:

Deserved a red for the absolute petulance of it.

This. In normal circumstances it's a cynical foul to take one for the team and a straightforward yellow, but Wilson just wanted a fight, as you can see by the fact he got up after the kick out and immediately gets in the faces of the Danish players and then got up close and personal with the ref If a player's tripping people because he's lost his temper rather than to help his team out or because he makes a mistake, it's absolutely fine to decide it's excessive force.

1 minute ago, The_jagster said:

I think the Beeb's coverage of this game was really good, decent features before the game and some fair analysis.

I had half time on mute but every time I looked up there was an England badge on screen.

That win belongs to their manager more than anyone. Completely outplayed substitute Page. Difference between first 15 minutes and the rest of the game shows the value of a tactically flexible, intelligent hand on the wheel.

37 minutes ago, The_jagster said:

I think the Beeb's coverage of this game was really good, decent features before the game and some fair analysis.

The tone of the Wales coverage is all over the place. On the one hand they don’t want to be written off as plucky underdogs that are happy just being there, yet Steve Wilson talks up a group stage draw with Switzerland like it’s one of the greatest days of his life.