Struggling with LLM on Touch

I’ve returned to FM for the first time in 4 or 5 years (I’ve just not had the time in recent years) and decided to give Touch a go for the first time.

I always start my careers in the lower leagues, but I’m really struggling!

My first appointment was at Harrogate who were 24th when I was appointed in mid December and 7 points off the pace. Managed a couple of decent results due to one really good striker in the squad and averaged over a point a game but ended up being relegated on the final day of the season.

I was then appointed as manager of Cowdenbeath for the start of the next season but after winning the first game went on a 13 game run with no wins - my P45 followed swiftly after.

My latest job is with Montrose at the bottom of League 1. I had a reasonable start with 2 wins in a row and I actually have some decent midfielders and we are generally dominating possession and passing stats, but the losses are now starting to ramp up.

Any ideas? It feels that I have less tools to arrest the decline in Touch compared to full blown FM?

I’m  guessing the answer will come down to Tactics? I’m torn between tinkering with the instructions during matches to leaving them untouched because I don’t want to confuse the players. I’m also struggling to see how to use the analysis to re-shape my tactics and improve - not sure if there is a difference between the Touch version and full blown FM.

Any suggestions welcome, this is feeling hard work at the minute!

Yh there are some serious issues with Touch this year. It matches the full ME but as that develops it needs more tools to impact the match which aren’t available in FMT. I’ve gone on some ridiculous losing streaks (9 games lost in a row with Spurs, after a good start to season ). It places a lot of importance around morale but it’s something you can’t really change on FMT.

the game is so poor this year that some people on the forum have privately messaged me to suggest the developers have deliberately made it rubbish so it doesn’t canabalise full fat sales. I don’t agree with that but the fact some people are even suggesting it goes to show how bad the game is.

oh and saying it feels like hard work is exactly how I felt before deleting the game. It is hard work. No pleasure at all. Because whatever you do those bad results happen and whatever your instructions the players don’t respond.

hope you find a solution. 

Edited by FulchesterFred

5 hours ago, chile_paul said:

I’ve returned to FM for the first time in 4 or 5 years (I’ve just not had the time in recent years) and decided to give Touch a go for the first time.

I always start my careers in the lower leagues, but I’m really struggling!

My first appointment was at Harrogate who were 24th when I was appointed in mid December and 7 points off the pace. Managed a couple of decent results due to one really good striker in the squad and averaged over a point a game but ended up being relegated on the final day of the season.

I was then appointed as manager of Cowdenbeath for the start of the next season but after winning the first game went on a 13 game run with no wins - my P45 followed swiftly after.

My latest job is with Montrose at the bottom of League 1. I had a reasonable start with 2 wins in a row and I actually have some decent midfielders and we are generally dominating possession and passing stats, but the losses are now starting to ramp up.

Any ideas? It feels that I have less tools to arrest the decline in Touch compared to full blown FM?

I’m  guessing the answer will come down to Tactics? I’m torn between tinkering with the instructions during matches to leaving them untouched because I don’t want to confuse the players. I’m also struggling to see how to use the analysis to re-shape my tactics and improve - not sure if there is a difference between the Touch version and full blown FM.

Any suggestions welcome, this is feeling hard work at the minute!

I'd say the main tool missing is boosting morale (which you do get a chance to address on bad losing runs when the assistant manager pops up with a team meeting in your inbox). Apart from that you'll probably have to spend some time on your tactics in my opinion. Check out the manner of goals you're conceding. Are you playing a high line and the opposition is just punting the ball from deep and taking advantage of slow defenders?

I'd suggest trying out a short save (maybe a year) with a big club/club you're familiar with to experiment tactically and see what works.

4 hours ago, FulchesterFred said:

Yh there are some serious issues with Touch this year. It matches the full ME but as that develops it needs more tools to impact the match which aren’t available in FMT. I’ve gone on some ridiculous losing streaks (9 games lost in a row with Spurs, after a good start to season ). It places a lot of importance around morale but it’s something you can’t really change on FMT.

the game is so poor this year that some people on the forum have privately messaged me to suggest the developers have deliberately made it rubbish so it doesn’t canabalise full fat sales. I don’t agree with that but the fact some people are even suggesting it goes to show how bad the game is.

oh and saying it feels like hard work is exactly how I felt before deleting the game. It is hard work. No pleasure at all. Because whatever you do those bad results happen and whatever your instructions the players don’t respond.

hope you find a solution. 

On the contrary, I've actually found this version more enjoyable than the last two.

On 26/06/2021 at 15:13, rafaelbenitez said:

I'd say the main tool missing is boosting morale (which you do get a chance to address on bad losing runs when the assistant manager pops up with a team meeting in your inbox). Apart from that you'll probably have to spend some time on your tactics in my opinion. Check out the manner of goals you're conceding. Are you playing a high line and the opposition is just punting the ball from deep and taking advantage of slow defenders?

I'd suggest trying out a short save (maybe a year) with a big club/club you're familiar with to experiment tactically and see what works.

On the contrary, I've actually found this version more enjoyable than the last two.

And I’ve got no dispute with you enjoying it. Happy to hear tbh. I think the ME is significantly better but the gameplay and impact of decisions seems bad. I’ve been told a lot of this is related to my tactics. However im playing v similar tactics to what I’ve always done (pretty successful history) and much weaker teams seem to destroy mine. Vicious circle losing runs are frequent and yes you assman does pop up twice a year to offer boosts to morale but they’re rare and pretty weak interventions.

19 and 20 had awful repetitive MEs. I can’t accuse 21 of this. I just think it’s losing its way by sticking so adherently to full fat ME.