Natural fitness & stamina - Would you sign this player as a DLF (s) in League 2?

Hi,

I've been desperately trying to find a DFL(s) for my League 2 team Colchester United. Someone who can hold the ball up, get into good positions & play clever passes. Finishing, jumping, bravery, work rate, heading & speed would be a welcome bonus. I've found Steve Davies who has all of the right key attributes & is happy to join my club on a free transfer for a reasonable wage but he is already quite slow while his natural fitness & stamina is very low (2 & 5 respectively).

Does the low natural fitness mean that his physical attributes will decline quickly? Is he liable to be injured a lot?

He only wants an 11 month contract & I'm very tempted to take a punt but wanted other people's opinions first. What would you do?

I've also posted a screenshot of a comparison between him & my current striker Brown (who lacks strength, jumping, heading & workrate but is quicker)

646204367_DaviesvsBrown.thumb.jpg.3a6975c47b897400c17159d5a7708579.jpg

417272801_StevenDavies.thumb.jpg.cff563bb69c973ed0a07122880ec3fbb.jpg

Edited by smeagoltonez

• smeagoltonez changed the title to Natural fitness & stamina - Would you sign this player as a DLF (s) in League 2?

Depends on the tactic at the end of the day. His incredibly low natural fitness does mean he's potentially going to decline. He also has the Does Not Move Into Channels player trait, whilst the DLF(Su) has the PI Moves Into Channels - a conflict.

If your tactic can accommodate a target man, then I think Davies might be worth a punt on a year contract. He'll still do what you're wanting in essence but his declining pace would be less of an issue.

3 hours ago, NotSoSpecialOne said:

Depends on the tactic at the end of the day. His incredibly low natural fitness does mean he's potentially going to decline. He also has the Does Not Move Into Channels player trait, whilst the DLF(Su) has the PI Moves Into Channels - a conflict.

If your tactic can accommodate a target man, then I think Davies might be worth a punt on a year contract. He'll still do what you're wanting in essence but his declining pace would be less of an issue.

Thank you! You'd take him over Jon Stead on loan for a year? I might take Davies on trial for 4 weeks & see how he recovers after friendly matches etc

55 minutes ago, smeagoltonez said:

Thank you! You'd take him over Jon Stead on loan for a year? I might take Davies on trial for 4 weeks & see how he recovers after friendly matches etc

Yup, I personally would. Having Davies on trial isn't a bad idea though.