Match 31 and Match 32: Czech Republic vs England (ITV1 live from Wembley) & Croatia vs Scotland (ITV4 live from Hampden Park) at 8pm (BST)

thefmveteran86

• Replies 678
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, aiston said:

How can we be playing two holding midfielders and have absolutely no control, :lol:

I'm confused, we've seemed pretty controlled so far? Couple of dodgy moments (like just now and from set pieces sure) but for the most part we've looked comfortable?

1 minute ago, Pukey said:

I'm confused, we've seemed pretty controlled so far? Couple of dodgy moments (like just now and from set pieces sure) but for the most part we've looked comfortable?

They seem to get a chance every time they attack.

3 minutes ago, themadsheep2001 said:

England's best performance against a top side was Sterling and Rashford flanking Kane if I recall. Spain I think

Foden is quick tbf, and much better on the left than on the right 

It's not that he's slow, he's just a different type of player. Like Grealish. Foden can play wide and he can be great there as we've seen for City, but he doesn't play like a proper wide forward. He plays like a central midfielder out wide, and not a forward. And that's fine for Man City, but England don't play football like Man City, so I kind of question why they pick players in positions that move away from what they're effective at doing.

Edited by Astafjevs

1 minute ago, aiston said:

They seem to get a chance every time they attack.

Not really, they've had the Soucek chance, the set piece dodginess, and a shot from long range that was saved, don't remember much else they've done. 

1 minute ago, TM said:

utter bombscare

convinced that Forest were drugged to buy him from Aberdeen

Was delighted Aberdeen never accepted our offer for him. Would rather have Shane Duffy.

Just now, themadsheep2001 said:

That's where you need one of Mount, Bellingham or a fit Henderson

Shaw looking really lively down the left

So frustrating, a real change to keep the pressure on and they can pretty much get unnoposed to the halfway line before being engaged.

2 minutes ago, themadsheep2001 said:

That's where you need one of Mount, Bellingham or a fit Henderson

Shaw looking really lively down the left

Mount for me, completely dependable and will do the right thing in the role you put him in.

It feels like Rice and Phillips have barely seen the ball but maybe that's a good thing.